Mika in Blackpool Sept 5th 09

kath

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what..............it really IS a brilliant place for a Mika gig................I just wish it was a proper gig that we could all get tickets for and then we could plan a proper MFC weekend. T'would be awesome:shocked:

BUT (not wanting to be a wet blanket) these Radio Two comps are notoriously difficult to get tickets for:shocked: I think that in reality very few of us will be lucky unfortunatetly:shocked:

I would love to be wrong but am just trying to be realistic.

That's why I'm not being silly and booking a room or anything ... I have looked at prices ... and it is doable ... but .... :aah:

Won't get tickets anyway :(

Guys, I just wanted to point out that in order to apply for tickets you need to have a valid UK address, and they physically mail the tickets to you a few days before the gig if you are a winner. It would be a waste if people from everywhere start applying just for the sake of it, when it's sure that they will not get the tickets, and it might ruin the chances for other people (who live nearby, have a UK address and can go).

I'd say think about it....He's also playing Bestival in September, which is also in the UK, and has no restrictions. Blackpool is about as costly and/or difficult to get to as the Isle Of Wight more or less, so I guess that it's something to be considered. Also, this gig will be short (Mika being one of 4 acts) and he's also doing a festival in Sweden in August.

Well said :thumb_yello:

You know what..............it really IS a brilliant place for a Mika gig................I just wish it was a proper gig that we could all get tickets for and then we could plan a proper MFC weekend. T'would be awesome:shocked:

BUT (not wanting to be a wet blanket) these Radio Two comps are notoriously difficult to get tickets for:shocked: I think that in reality very few of us will be lucky unfortunatetly:shocked:

Yeh thats my feeling on both what a top weekend and how tough its going to be

I want it mind :mf_lustslow:

I could apply for tickets anyway - and pass them on to someone who can go, in the extremely unlikely event that I won :naughty:

They aren't transferable though unfortunatetly:shocked:

PS Kath - your siggie is great but a bit big :naughty:

I know................but it HAS to be shouted:naughty:

That's why I'm not being silly and booking a room or anything ... I have looked at prices ... and it is doable ... but .... :aah:

Won't get tickets anyway :(

Yep.............the busiest weekend in Blackpool:shocked:

Yeh thats my feeling on both what a top weekend and how tough its going to be

I want it mind :mf_lustslow:

I think we will have to ask him to do a 'regular' gig there:naughty:

They aren't transferable though unfortunatetly:shocked:

I know................but it HAS to be shouted:naughty:

Yep.............the busiest weekend in Blackpool:shocked:

I really do hope we all get tickets cos it will be a really fun weekend and for him to do a regular gig would be amazing :-) do u think any of you guys will be coming anyway to Blackpool even if you don't win any tickets???:roftl:

Sadly I think you're right, if any of us win we'll have been extremely lucky.

The more I think about it though, the more I agree that Blackpool would really be such a great place for a proper Mika gig. The donkeys, silly hats, glitter and faded glamour. Perfect :aah:

I really do hope we all get tickets cos it will be a really fun weekend and for him to do a regular gig would be amazing :-) do u think any of you guys will be coming anyway to Blackpool even if you don't win any tickets???:roftl:

I won't I am afraid.

Sadly I think you're right, if any of us win we'll have been extremely lucky.

The more I think about it though, the more I agree that Blackpool would really be such a great place for a proper Mika gig. The donkeys, silly hats, glitter and faded glamour. Perfect :aah:

I defiantetly think we should encourage the idea! I LOVE it:naughty:

:naughty:

I want to see you on the pepsi max with the xmas toy :naughty:

So do i but alas i don't think i can do that weekend really as have a trip planned with another family and the kids!!

Unless i can persuade them we'll go to BP!

I soo would love it!!

But i don't think it will be one for me sadly:aah:

So won't waste applying..........

Would have been ideal tho and not too far!!

I did ask him ages ago with the email on his last website after i'd been with the kids last year, but that was for Tower Ball room cause i asked him if he'd been there ........ never got a reply!!!:sneaky2: We should ask him to do us an MFC xmas gig there!!!!

So do i but alas i don't think i can do that weekend really as have a trip planned with another family and the kids!!

I soo would love it!!

I did ask him ages ago with the email on his last website after i'd been with the kids last year, but that was for Tower Ball room cause i asked him if he'd been there ........ never got a reply!!!:sneaky2: We should ask him to do us an MFC xmas gig there!!!!

That's a fantastic idea!

We could combine the christmas party with a gig, if he's up for it!

:crybaby:

Sept 5th :tears:

I will have just had an operation.

I don't think I would be well enough to travel :tears:

Bugger :sneaky2: ! So typical of surgeons not to operate because they are getting a nice tan on exotic beaches then go back home and start cutting into people like :insane::freak: .

You poor baby :huglove: ...

Cheers,

Id3

That's a fantastic idea!

We could combine the christmas party with a gig, if he's up for it!

Don't get carried away here, most of us will have zero chance to get to Blackpool. It's all fine that some of the gigs are UK only, but it would be more polite if the xmas party was for us all :blink:

Don't get carried away here, most of us will have zero chance to get to Blackpool. It's all fine that some of the gigs are UK only, but it would be more polite if the xmas party was for us all :blink:

But but but but...Blackpool has an airport!! What's the problem? :aah:

And... it's only about 25 miles from the village of Dunsop Bridge, which is actually the geographical centre of the British Isles.

*clutches at straws* :mf_rosetinted:

Lol that's so true!

I live in Lancaster so I'll be there whether I get tickets or not, even if it's just to say a quick hi to Mika! Would love to meet up with everyone :)

I think we should aim for a get together, because not all of us will probably win the tickets. But at least we'll get to see each other.

I wonder if anyone will dare to go on 'The Big One'!

I think we should aim for a get together, because not all of us will probably win the tickets. But at least we'll get to see each other.

I agree. A get together would be fun.

There is no way I would go on that.

After Friday night, I'm not going near a roller coaster!!!:naughty:

I went on that when I was two months pregnant with my daughter. :shocked:

Suffice to say, I didn't know I was pregnant at the time!!! It was terrifying.

After Friday night, I'm not going near a roller coaster!!!:naughty:

Why? What happened on Friday night (apart from the obvious :naughty:)?

I totally agree I really want to meet you guys it would be lovely to welcome you all to my hometown we will have so much fun :roftl:

Unfortunately unless I win tickets I probably won't come up (family stuff).

:huh: Unless I could convince the family too (illuminations etc..:biggrin2:).

It really is :roftl:

An Up north gig with kiss me quick hats , candy floss and a roller coaster :wub2::roftl:

and Lady boys show, went to see that last year for a hen party... it was really good, think Mika might like it too.

How you getting htere Freddie, train, bus, drive or fly lol.:naughty:

I soo would love it!!

awesome idea and I know at itunes he said he is PROUD of MFC but I don't think he loves us THAT much lol.