• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Hey, I never knew there is a thread like this! :shocked:

Love it!!!!

Do you know how many tweets with: "Watch this:...link...!" I've already send the Maestro!!! He must hate me by now.

And I like Lawrence and I love those dresses and I like this Arthur guy (never heard of him before :blink:)

Man, he can really sing good! And he has a lovely nose.

Edited by southeast

Love it!!!!

Do you know how many tweets with: "Watch this:...link...!" I've already send the Maestro!!! He must hate me by now.

And I like Lawrence and I love those dresses and I like this Arthur guy (never heard of him before :blink:)

yeah, that's because you are doing it all wrong. Use reverse Psychology, write "Mika, DON'T check it out!":mf_rosetinted:

yeah, that's because you are doing it all wrong. Use reverse Psychology, write "Mika, DON'T check it out!":mf_rosetinted:

Aha!

Last time I sent him something from her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWj5gJ6Kvc

And before that:

&

(something like Dr. John)

Ohhhh, yes:

Mika, check this out!

via Twitter:

@RichardWiseman Jammie dodgers half price at tescos.

about 3 hours ago via Echofon

:teehee:

Edited by southeast

Love it!!!!

A very smart woman opened it last year. :glasses3:

A few months ago someone special told me that cool guy existed! :wub2:

A very smart woman opened it last year. :glasses3:

:roftl:

A few months ago someone special told me that cool guy existed! :wub2:

He looks like a French guy to me, but he's an American, right?

Too much hair to see his face though, too bad :teehee:.

• 2 weeks later...

K, I will try a translation later. :thumb_yello:

The great thing about her is that she shows she's got brains. :punk:

I mean, she thinks, she knows lots of things, she can talk and her words even make sense!!! :shocked:

Unbelievable! :roftl:

I shouldn't be translating into English... A good translator only translates into his/her native language. :blush-anim-cl: Moreover, this interview has already been translated from English into Italian...

"I don't think I'm a woman yet. I feel more like a boy... In my opinion artists should be androgynous. They must be male and female at the same time, because the male and the female are the same animal.

Movements such as women's lib were definitely a step forward, but they are dogmatic, rigid. Dogmas are barriers for art: when art mixes with the dogmas of politics, of women's liberation, of the church, when art is not 'conceptual' it becomes a manifesto of few people. Art must go beyond, otherwise it's not art anymore. Separating men and women is a mistake. I think men are part of myself, why should you take them away?

It's the same for racial equality. I grew up with black people and I don't see why they would like to be on the same level as white people... the same for gender equality. I don't want to be on the same level as men. Sometimes at a higher level, sometimes at a lower one. I like being their poodle and their queen."

Please English native speakers, send corrections and/or suggestions! :thumb_yello:

I shouldn't be translating into English... A good translator only translates into his/her native language. :blush-anim-cl: Moreover, this interview has already been translated from English into Italian...

"I don't think I'm a woman yet. I feel more like a boy... In my opinion artists should be androgynous. They must be male and female at the same time, because the male and the female are the same animal.

Movements such as women's lib were definitely a step forward, but they are dogmatic, rigid. Dogmas are barriers for art: when art mixes with the dogmas of politics, of women's liberation, of the church, when art is not 'conceptual' it becomes a manifesto of few people. Art must go beyond, otherwise it's not art anymore. Separating men and women is a mistake. I think men are part of myself, why should you take them away?

It's the same for racial equality. I grew up with black people and I don't see why they would like to be on the same level as white people... the same for gender equality. I don't want to be on the same level as men. Sometimes at a higher level, sometimes at a lower one. I like being their poodle and their queen."

Please English native speakers, send corrections and/or suggestions! :thumb_yello:

Thank you!

+1 That's what happened to art in communism in my country. It wasn't really art anymore, only propaganda. Western art was "only" "L'art pour l'art", it was considered unsignificant and prone to decay.... :sneaky2: Haha, I remember a bulgarian joke: "Q: Why do western shops smell so good inside? A: That's the smell of the decaying capitalism..." :roftl:

I could say the same about the dogma that exists in music industry, the stereotype of sexual transgression that's exclusively used for marketing purposes is in fact a barrier for musicians who want to express their art in other ways.

Music biz is trapped in the stereotype of sexual transgression, and it seems that there isn't room for anything else.

Sexual liberation was a major driving force in pop/rock music in the 50s until 70s, but the use made of it now has a real meaning?

I have no idea! :dunno: Perhaps because it works for most pple to get their attention attracted to some new artist?

Hey, Mika, here's another great interview with Jian Ghomeshi and mgmt (sorry to mention them on this thread as well, but that's a message for Mika. You don't have to watch it, girls :teehee).

Come on, do something like that!

"I don't think I'm a woman yet. I feel more like a boy... In my opinion artists should be androgynous. They must be male and female at the same time, because the male and the female are the same animal.Movements such as women's lib were definitely a step forward, but they are dogmatic, rigid. Dogmas are barriers for art: when art mixes with the dogmas of politics, of women's liberation, of the church, when art is not 'conceptual' it becomes a manifesto of few people. Art must go beyond, otherwise it's not art anymore. Separating men and women is a mistake. I think men are part of myself, why should you take them away?

:thumb_yello: This woman is brilliant and thanks for very good trans translation Laura!:aah: The male artist can't be so great without developing his feminine side (Anima) and the same could be applied to female artists or writers.

The Russian-American theoretician and philosopher Mikhail Epstein wrote on the topic in his recent book Philosophy of the Body.

Check this link:

http://evolution.konras.com/Participiants/Epstein/CV/Epstein.pdf

I could say the same about the dogma that exists in music industry, the stereotype of sexual transgression that's exclusively used for marketing purposes is in fact a barrier for musicians who want to express their art in other ways.

Music biz is trapped in the stereotype of sexual transgression, and it seems that there isn't room for anything else.

Sexual liberation was a major driving force in pop/rock music in the 50s until 70s, but the use made of it now has a real meaning?

:bow: