Mika, Roundhouse, London - The Independent

dcdeb

I love it when you get angry :naughty:

Totally agree. These reviewers just piss me off-they totally miss the point of a review in the first place and just use this as a vehicle to put out there their pre-conceptions on the artist themselves. What a total waste and pile of crap.

I'm not native either so I may be getting it wrong myself, but if he says WAG and Dr John and then says "the latter", isn't that Dr John that he's talking about?

Yes it is :thumb_yello: so my comment about the radio probably doesn't make sense. But he's still a dinosaur :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Naectegale

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I quote:

"Being the adventure of a man whose principal interests are Queen... "

Good grief, what an opening! You hardly had to read on to know what was coming, did you...:roftl:

A classic case of doesn't like and doesn't get Mika. Oh well, we're used to that, each to his own etc. He should have reviewed the concert more objectively though, and perhaps tried to understand WHY there was such crowd adulation. :blink:

Poor journalism!

and poor aesthetics, too:sneaky2:

I think he is just one of those who put people into boxes and it is just impossible to get out of them and be placed into another box.

A typical case of narrow-mindedness. :cool:

I even hesitated before

posting because it was a less than stellar review, but I figured, oh well...

gotta present both sides, even though this reviewer was not quite as objective

as he ought to have been.

Well, I find these reviews just as interesting as I like to know where they are coming from... :wink2:

I think he basically cannot cope with the fact that Mika's music is supposed to be 'low-brow' (based on the narrow-minded reception he faced when he first appeared on the scene) yet it was a most amazing concert with the audience at his knees ...

There was no criticism on the music itself, except it lacking emotions and some vague references to Queen and Beethoven totally out of context), so this guy is he obviously uncapable of assessing music. So, that's where comes from..:naughty:

I see our friend is 23.

Obviously, not suited to a Mika gig, maybe they should have sent him to a Coldplay or Oasis gig instead, as he's clearly not the kind of person would is suited to give a balanced, unbiased review.

I just saw his reply to me, still trying to come over as someone wise beyond his years, and actually striking me as someone way out of his depth:naughty:

I see our friend is 23.

Obviously, not suited to a Mika gig, maybe they should have sent him to a Coldplay or Oasis gig instead, as he's clearly not the kind of person would is suited to give a balanced, unbiased review.

I just saw his reply to me, still trying to come over as someone wise beyond his years, and actually striking me as someone way out of his depth:naughty:

23? not old enough, obviously :old:

I see our friend is 23.

LOLZ, what did he say?

LOLZ, what did he say?

I was going to show you, but the comments seem to have disappeared on me!:blink:

Basically, he just started rambling on about Mika ripping off Freddie, how Love Today was just toothless pop without any merit, and slamming his use of the Clockwork Orange imagery.

I was going to show you, but the comments seem to have disappeared on me!:blink:

Basically, he just started rambling on about Mika ripping off Freddie, how Love Today was just toothless pop without any merit, and slamming his use of the Clockwork Orange imagery.

Dou you think he was the work experience kid ?

fair enough if you hate the songs but everyone knows what his songs are, just comment on his performance, dumbarse :naughty: (not you, the journalist :roftl:)

No comments in the other reviews either - could be an unrelated system fault

edit - or anywhere else in the paper that I can find :blink:

Maybe they are having a little strop, as we dared to have a go back!:naughty:

There are bound to still be people like this though! I'm not letting it get me down because look at all the great reviews he's had recently! A lot of people are now beginning to respect him and give him the credit he deserves (and always has deserved)

But there will always be people who just don't get Mika and write stupid comments. But anyone who saw even that short bit that was on the TV, will realise that Mika had the audiance in the palm of his hand, and in a way that no other star can do.

Honestly, I saw it on TV and the atmosphere (even through the telly) was electric! Anyone watching would have known that too, and would not give that idiot one second of thought about the stupid things he said!

Crap review:sneaky2: BUT we've heard it all before haven't we and we are stronger than to get upset by some stupid reviewer who doesn't seem to have even been there :sneaky2::teehee: Those of us that were there know how good he was that night......End of!!:thumb_yello: