Mika - Blackpool Sept 5th 09 - RSVP list

FREDDIESDOUBLE

What a lovely surprise - I came back from my holidays yesterday, checked my e-mails late last night and I had won. Yippee.

And, judging by the list, there will be plenty of familiar faces there. A Saturday too, and so close to home. I'm very happy :biggrin2::biggrin2:

I don't know whether this is the place to put in my two penn'orth about this issue. It really is tricky isn't it? On one hand people may feel that when they have travelled a very long way to see Mika they 'deserve' more etc. On the other hand, people who live close by can feel swamped by non-locals parachuting in and getting opportunities by perhaps being more familiar faces in the crowd.

I hope everyone who wants tickets manages to go.

Great news that you're going Ruth! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lovely surprise - I came back from my holidays yesterday, checked my e-mails late last night and I had won. Yippee.

And, judging by the list, there will be plenty of familiar faces there. A Saturday too, and so close to home. I'm very happy :biggrin2::biggrin2:

I don't know whether this is the place to put in my two penn'orth about this issue. It really is tricky isn't it? On one hand people may feel that when they have travelled a very long way to see Mika they 'deserve' more etc. On the other hand, people who live close by can feel swamped by non-locals parachuting in and getting opportunities by perhaps being more familiar faces in the crowd.

I hope everyone who wants tickets manages to go.

Well, I'm very glad that you got tickets, Ruth!!! :wub2:

The point here about where people apply from is quite clear: the Terms and Conditions state very clearly that it is only open to UK residents. End of.

Anyone who is not a UK resident is not entitled to apply.

No matter how much they believe that they "deserve" it, or that they travel from the Moon, these are the facts.

The BBC themselves have stated (to someone who asked them) that they have not knowingly given tickets to anyone outside the UK, because they are not meant to be applying (as per the T&C's), so clearly, if people who don't live here win, they are doing so because they slipped the net, and not because the BBC are ok with it. They just don't expect people from outside to apply, and believed (naively, it seems) that by stating it in the rules, it would stop people from applying if they didn't fulfil the criteria.

Mika's on for fish n chips with you lot HAHAHA:roftl:

BLACKPOOL, FoozBALL and WILL YOUNG

Current mood: amused.gif amused

I think my ear is ****ed. Or infected at least. The school next door to me has started again and I am reminded of that first day of school feeling. Perhaps I've got that first day feeling because of the 5 am drive to Blackpool tomorrow. Perhaps I've got that first day feeling because my single is coming out on Monday. Perhaps I've got that feeling because of the 2500 album covers that are piled up in my entrance hall waiting to be signed! Hahahaha OK I've gone slightly mad.

Is releasing a second album supposed to feel like this? No one ever tells you. My hormones are going crazy. I FEEL PREGNANT. I AM PREGNANT.

Anyway back to Blackpool. I'm looking forward to this. Haven't been there since I was a kid. Just checked out the line up and saw that Pixie Lott is performing. When I bumped into her at rehearsal studios a couple weeks ago I thought she was in the room just to steal my drummer Cherise but then realized the last time I saw her was when she was dancing on stage as a Lollipop Girl at one of my first London shows. I like her. Will Young is performing as well. I've always had a soft spot for him, his voice is yummy. This could be really fun. I hear that some of the Fan Club are trying to get me down and have fish and chips with them. YOU KNOW WHAT I'm up for it. I'll try to come by after my Alan Carr interview. Lets sort it out on Twitter. For those who don't know yet, tomorrow's performance is gonna be acoustic.

I have a confession to make. I feel like I need to come out of the closet and admit my support for Charlton Athletic football team. I got into them because of friends a couple of years ago. Unfortunately every time I went to see them they lost, but they are doing much better now and are currently top of League One. I think if it wasn't for all the idiots who I was surrounded by when I was younger, I would have been quite good at football. Alright maybe its the 2nd beer talking. NO NO I COULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING SERIOUSLY. A CANNON BALL. dunno what that is but whatever, ill be listening to the Brentford match on the way up tomorrow.

OK my single We Are Golden comes out on Sunday digitally the on MONDAY in the shops. I think I wanna Blog more regularly. I think this would be a good thing. like cod liver oil without the burping. Jesus time for bed.

I love you you good night.

MIKA!

yes Mika will be on my radio 2 show on saturday between 6 - 8pm. Cant wait - might ask for a duet x

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mj1mt

Going Out With Alan Carr – live from the Blackpool Tram. Saturday 5 September, 6.00-8.00pm.

Radio 2 Live In Blackpool – live from the Empress Ballroom. Saturday 5 September, 8.00-10.00pm.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19266&highlight=blackpool

Edited by mari62

yes Mika will be on my radio 2 show on saturday between 6 - 8pm. Cant wait - might ask for a duet x

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mj1mt

Going Out With Alan Carr – live from the Blackpool Tram. Saturday 5 September, 6.00-8.00pm.

Radio 2 Live In Blackpool – live from the Empress Ballroom. Saturday 5 September, 8.00-10.00pm.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19266&highlight=blackpool

will they broadcast the gig to?

alan carr's reminded me that we'll get to know which cover mika chose to do today:biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

The point here about where people apply from is quite clear: the Terms and Conditions state very clearly that it is only open to UK residents. End of.

No matter how much they believe that they "deserve" it, or that they travel from the Moon, these are the facts.

The BBC themselves have stated (to someone who asked them) that they have not knowingly given tickets to anyone outside the UK, because they are not meant to be applying (as per the T&C's), so clearly, if people who don't live here win, they are doing so because they slipped the net, and not because the BBC are ok with it. They just don't expect people from outside to apply, and believed (naively, it seems) that by stating it in the rules, it would stop people from applying if they didn't fulfil the criteria.

where can I find a copy of terms and conditions, I take it this refers to Blackpool

Who complained about Spanish and not the French mfcers who attended, and who is to say foreign nationals living in this country could not apply or attend, whoever allocated the winning tickets would have checked addressess they were sending notification to, who had the right to tell/ pressure Tiibet to give tickets to others, ok so who decides these things? The only people who can decide are the promoters or competition organisers working on the facts presented.

Who complained about Spanish and not the French mfcers who attended, and who is to say foreign nationals living in this country could not apply or attend, whoever allocated the winning tickets would have checked addressess they were sending notification to, who had the right to tell/ pressure Tiibet to give tickets to others, ok so who decides these things? The only people who can decide are the promoters or competition organisers working on the facts presented.

Daisy got in touch with the BBC to ask about this, and they told her that if they were aware of them living out side the UK, tickets would not have been allocated. They said, that it seemed that they slipped through the cracks , which happens occasionally.

And I'm pretty sure that none of who you speak of, live here in the UK, I checked after I got back.

I'm happy for each country to get their own competition to go to a gig in their homeland, like the Belgians and the Germans did, and wouldn't want to deny them a place to go to it, by entering. It's not fair to do so, especially if the T&Cs state that only residents of that country can enter. So why should it be different here? It's about fairness, as said before only 5 Will Young fans got tickets, had those people not entered more WY fans would have had a chance. I felt sorry for them.

And what is it exactly you heard that made it a bad day? Because from what I saw, everyone had a good time.

I'm very glad I got tickets too :thumb_yello:

I was talking generally about access to gigs in my comment about 'deserving' fans who have travelled a long way. I know the BBC had T&C to ensure that licence payers attended Blackpool.