4MUSIC: MIKA - THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS Friday 28 August 2009

tigerclaws95

I've been wanting to do a sit down, random question session for well over a year now.

And because it's got quite a ridgid criteria, he'll be totally at ease doing it, as it's just supposed to be some lighthearted fun anyway, just like the ones I ask after the gigs.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to do a sit down, random question session for well over a year now.

And because it's got quite a ridgid criteria, he'll be totally at ease doing it, as it's just supposed to be some lighthearted fun anyway, just like the ones I ask after the gigs.

I've been wanting to sit down in a nice pub and have a chat over a few pints for well over two and a half years now.

It ain't gonna happen though.......:wink2:

I've been wanting to sit down in a nice pub and have a chat over a few pints for well over two and a half years now.

It might, you just have to get him drunk first. He always said he wanted to do a serious interview drunk, you could be just the person for it! :lmfao:

(Okay, he actually said "serious talk show", but if you ask some questions, get a few MFCers over and have someone film it, what's the difference? :roftl:)

It's repeating on the 4Music channel right at this moment.

I have actually switched it off though :boxed:. I am fearing overkill at the moment (so what am I doing on MFC, you might well ask :teehee:).

Haha. I wished I was able to watch it just the one time xD Seems like everyone watched it :roftl:

I don't mean to sound bitter, but I had a thought... a bit of a controversial thought.

Let's imagine an MFCer did get an interview with Mika; I mean, an interview on behalf of MFC, not because her uncle works at Q Magazine or something.

And imagine this interview is videotaped, and posted online. And it shows this MFCer sitting across from Mika, talking with him, chatting, joking, much like he did with Grimmy in this Channel 4 showcase.

Now, let's imagine all the jealousy and hurt feelings, the "awwww, no fair, why did SHE get to do that?! I WANTED TO INTERVIEW MIKA!!" that would be going on around here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the sense there would definitely be an element of drama and jealousy on here, if such a thing were ever to happen; making it more trauma than it would be worth. :blink:

The video doesn't work for me :blink: Anyone?

Thanks for posting!

Did you see the youtube ones?

Here is youtube if no one else has posted.

part 1

part 2

part 3

Thanks babspanky! :thumb_yello:

I don't mean to sound bitter, but I had a thought... a bit of a controversial thought.

Let's imagine an MFCer did get an interview with Mika; I mean, an interview on behalf of MFC, not because her uncle works at Q Magazine or something.

And imagine this interview is videotaped, and posted online. And it shows this MFCer sitting across from Mika, talking with him, chatting, joking, much like he did with Grimmy in this Channel 4 showcase.

Now, let's imagine all the jealousy and hurt feelings, the "awwww, no fair, why did SHE get to do that?! I WANTED TO INTERVIEW MIKA!!" that would be going on around here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the sense there would definitely be an element of drama and jealousy on here, if such a thing were ever to happen; making it more trauma than it would be worth. :blink:

This is a moment when I wish so hard that English was my native language!:aah:

We have this word that I think best can be translated as generous, and one of my biggest wishes for this fan club is that generosity would be something that is important for each and everyone.

Without that we can’t move forward!:boxed:

It should be obvious that all of us would not be able to make an interview!

So…what is left?…that one person can have the confidence to do it and we all can enjoy the result!:wub2:

I remember the thread about the meeting the mods had with Mika’s management after Sadler’s Wells, and yes there was a lot of jealousy and some hard words but it’s easy to forget that the main part of the MFC was absolutely happy about the fact that we, and I say we, although I wasn’t there, I’m not a mod, could never be one, but I feel like a part of this fan club as much as anyone, and I know that every little step this fan club does to make a connection between Mika and his people is something that is a good and positive thing that we all can take advantage of!:thumb_yello:

To have an interview, exclusively for the fan club would be just amazing, something fantastic!:wub2:

And I would like to think that it could be the most natural thing in the future. Mika is a very friendly person, he cares about his fans and I can imagine he would be up for it.

But sadly enough I understand your point.

We have to think really carefully about how we can get around this feeling of jealousy and negativity. What would be best, to maybe miss out on an opportunity like this (if it would be reality) or have the generosity to let one MFCer do it for us all?

To me it’s the easiest question in the world, much easier than to try talk about such a sensitive subject in English!:roftl:

I'm with you Sienna.

I can imagine feeling envious of whoever got to do the interview, but then I'm permanently envious of every single person who's ever had the chance to meet Mika or see him perform live. It doesn't have to make me bitter or bitchy or whiny or petty.

I can think about what I do get from it. The interview that is exclusively for us.

And I would be happy for the person who did the interview, in the same way that I'm happy for all the people who've ever met Mika or seen him live.

It's one thing for me to feel envious. It's what I do about it that is the telling thing. I'd like to say "Show some maturity, people!" but I don't think that would go down very well, nor is it necessarily helpful.

Generosity of spirit, that's what would be needed. But in a self-centred world, that is often in short supply. And I'd like to think the MFC is better than that... but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much.

Shouldn't that be 'ain't ever' or 'is never' ? :biggrin2: Mind you, not that ain't is technically correct, but if you know what I mean.... :bleh:

LMAO. Yes, "ain't never" is a double negative. I think the double negative was intentional to emphasize the slangy nature of the whole sentence.

Yeah it's just ghetto talk. Come on Sara, did you really think I didn't notice all that technical incorrectness? :rolls_eyes: :teehee:

His contradictions do annoy me

As they do me. Which is why he ain't never gonna answer my questions. :naughty:

Ain't never gonna happen! Come on Bab, think positive (double negatives)!

I think I'm just about done with people ruining things for others with their drama and jealousy.

..and here he is as a presenter who actually knows what he is talking about:

and his last ever appearance on Greatest Hits.. :emot-sad:

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

I absolutely loved Paul King and the song Love & Pride.

I bought the 12" single way back in the day on a visit to

London and carefully hand-carried it on the plane home. I still have it,

wouldn't dream of parting with it. I just can't believe his name came up

in this thread! :biggrin2:

Thanks for the link to the video -- hadn't seen it for ages and ages! :wub2:

OK, you can tell I'm reading this thread backwards -- I just read back the last 10 or so pages... :naughty:

We already have come up with questions for Mika. I have two threads for questions you want to ask Mika. Last year on MS when Mika said we could submit questions and he would answer them, Mana sent him a link to that thread.

As it is, I'm sure there were a lot more questions submitted to him for answering on MS than we ever got answers to. I think we only had the one blog response that was about travel questions.

MIKA!! Please answer some more questions. I'm sure you've still got all the emails, and if not, just ask us and we'll submit more.:thumb_yello:

Actually, one of my questions to Mika at the time was whether he'd let

me interview him for MFC, even if it was via IM like I did with Perez

Hilton. I really wanted an answer to THAT question! :naughty:

But that said, I agree with Mana that it would be PR time well-spent,

if he sat for an interview by and for the MFC. I'm hopeful we'll get there

someday -- I see other fan club sites like the one for Keane have had

the chance to interview the singers, so why not? :thumb_yello:

OK, you can tell I'm reading this thread backwards -- I just read back the last 10 or so pages... :naughty:

That would be awesome! you'd be able to work it so you could ask him questions that the fan club truly care about, not ones that help him to look good in the public eye.

I'm at film school in Los Angeles right now to become a documentary maker... if you guys can get an interview, I'll film it! :biggrin2:

So he didn't answer that one.... Bum! Still, at least you've put the idea in his head. Maybe, one day, you know, top of the week or something, it might happen:biggrin2::naughty:

One can only hope.

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

I absolutely loved Paul King and the song Love & Pride.

I bought the 12" single way back in the day on a visit to

London and carefully hand-carried it on the plane home. I still have it,

wouldn't dream of parting with it. I just can't believe his name came up

in this thread! :biggrin2:

Thanks for the link to the video -- hadn't seen it for ages and ages! :wub2:

I bought the 7" ..... :biggrin2: Still have it all these years later ... when was it out .... 1986 or something :aah:

When I read posts about this possible MFC interview I also envisioned what you wrote here (that's partly the reason why I tried to change the direction of the conversation a bit:teehee:) ...

Yes, I can see this thing happen so perhaps it is best to stop creating unnecessary tension now talking about something that is most unlikely to ever happen....:dunno:

However, it is just my way of thinking that I try not to run away with ideas that are not fully based in reality. If most people are happy to discuss this, I'll sit back and enjoy the conversation :smoke:

:naughty:

I'm with you Sienna.

I can imagine feeling envious of whoever got to do the interview, but then I'm permanently envious of every single person who's ever had the chance to meet Mika or see him perform live. It doesn't have to make me bitter or bitchy or whiny or petty.

I can think about what I do get from it. The interview that is exclusively for us.

And I would be happy for the person who did the interview, in the same way that I'm happy for all the people who've ever met Mika or seen him live.

It's one thing for me to feel envious. It's what I do about it that is the telling thing. I'd like to say "Show some maturity, people!" but I don't think that would go down very well, nor is it necessarily helpful.

Generosity of spirit, that's what would be needed. But in a self-centred world, that is often in short supply. And I'd like to think the MFC is better than that... but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much.

Why not? Maybe it’s about time to say it clear and load!

Happy to hear that…so it’s not only in my vivid imagination then!:thumb_yello:

Oh and if the young girls are chickening out I trust you to do an interview, right!

You can do it dcdeb!:thumb_yello::wub2:

I'm at film school in Los Angeles right now to become a documentary maker... if you guys can get an interview, I'll film it! :biggrin2:

That’s the spirit!

When I read posts about this possible MFC interview I also envisioned what you wrote here (that's partly the reason why I tried to change the direction of the conversation a bit.) ...

Yes, I can see this thing happen so perhaps it is best to stop creating unnecessary tension now talking about something that is most unlikely to ever happen....:dunno:

However, it is just my way of thinking that I try not to run away with ideas that are not fully based in reality. If most people are happy to discuss this, I'll sit back and enjoy the conversation :smoke:

:naughty:

Voops!

And I’m back to earth again! :biggrin2:

Why do you always have to be so reasonable?

And I love you for that…:wub2:

The probability Mika would do an interview with an MFC representative?

Well, I’m definitely from the old-school-saying that dreaming, trying and asking for things is a good way to reach progress!

The probability that jealousy and drama would destroy the moment?

Very sad!

Couldn’t we be bigger than that?

I so much want to believe in the good in people!:wub2: