MIKA in New York, NY at United Palace Theatre

dcdeb

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it! haha who cares?

I Think all of us MFCers should look out for eachother and try to get everyone up as close as possible...smoothly ;) without confrontation

Yeah and since we have no real intention to use our seats (execpt to put our jacket!) I don't see why you couldn't be together :wink2: I just hope the security won't mind if we move closer to the stage :blink:

Edited by Cassiopée

I just has the most brilliant idea...

do you any of you have friends that are photographers that shoot concerts?

I wanna shoot Mika!

It's usually as simple as sending your portfolio to management and they give you some sort of press pass..

but I want to know the right way to go about it!

It would be seriously a complete dream come true. And after my allowed 3 or 4 songs I would go back to my seat..

What do you guys think?

I just has the most brilliant idea...

do you any of you have friends that are photographers that shoot concerts?

I wanna shoot Mika!

It's usually as simple as sending your portfolio to management and they give you some sort of press pass..

but I want to know the right way to go about it!

It would be seriously a complete dream come true. And after my allowed 3 or 4 songs I would go back to my seat..

What do you guys think?

That is a brilliant idea!!!!!!!

Yeah and since we have no real intention to use our seats (execpt to put our jacket!) I don't see why you couldn't be together :wink2: I just hope the security won't mind if we move closer to the stage :blink:

I would not mind at all.....but like you said security might be an issue.

That area between the stage and the first row concerns me. It is a no mans land to which I require answers :naughty:

Can we be in that area? In the beginning will they have everybody in their seats, buts once the set is underway will they let us mob the stage?

I just want a far starting point to reach the stage and not act my age. :teehee:

I don't know why I should be bothered even if there were 8 rows of humans I am still second row from the stage which is awesome, but I want to know that I have a chance to be at the stage, so should we que up a little earlier then we think?

Chances are that it will be all MFC peeps anyway so I just need to calm down.

I have been through a SEA OF EMOTIONS this morning.

I THOUGHT/hoped/prayed that maybe JUST maybe the ticket gods would BE WITH ME this ONE time seats are outta my own hands that queueing for 37 hours for just 2 shows would reap a wonderful blessing from the ticket gods . . WHY would I even think/feel/expect such a thing!? I am the MOST unlucky person anyone will ever meet - so WHY should this be any different?

And there is the PROOF . . .it is JUST my LUCK! We got tickets the MOMENT the link was active and LOOK what happened!

At FIRST I was beyond pissed/upset/devastated . . . ..

BUT - when I SAID that I was SO GLAD to have a seated venue . .. I REALLY meant it! NOW looking at my rant - I feel like a spoiled bitch who didn't get her way. And I don't LIKE that person at all! :no:

SO - I am NOT going to look at this show the same as ANY others. I am NOT going to focus on MIKA per say! NO NO NO . . . cause THAT would just piss me off! I am going to just HAVE FUN - being there . . . and sing and dance ans have a BLAST with Lucy! Finally we can JUST BE there together and HAVE FUN!

. . .. I feel like a icky bitch. I really do.

that area between the stage and the first row concerns me. It is a no mans land to which i require answers :naughty:

Can we be in that area? In the beginning will they have everybody in their seats, buts once the set is underway will they let us mob the stage?

I just want a far starting point to reach the stage and not act my age. :teehee:

I don't know why i should be bothered even if there were 8 rows of humans i am still second row from the stage which is awesome, but i want to know that i have a chance to be at the stage, so should we que up a little earlier then we think?

Chances are that it will be all mfc peeps anyway so i just need to calm down.

i have a pic of the venue that totally answers that . . . Let me find it . . .

That area between the stage and the first row concerns me. It is a no mans land to which I require answers :naughty:

I don't know why I should be bothered even if there were 8 rows of humans I am still second row from the stage which is awesome, but I want to know that I have a chance to be at the stage, so should we que up a little earlier then we think?

Chances are that it will be all MFC peeps anyway so I just need to calm down.

This is a little bit embarrassing, but my English is not very good. Could you explain this by using different words? Sorry... :teehee:

This is a little bit embarrassing, but my English is not very good. Could you explain this by using different words? Sorry... :teehee:

I will try :thumb_yello:

There is an area between the stage and where seating begins. I wonder if security will let us stand in that area. I want to be at the stage or the immediate area. If we can be in that area I may stand in line a little earlier.

I would like my girls to have a closer experience than Terminal 5.

I am happy with our seats, but if there is a chance they could dance on stage I want to give them that chance.

I will try :thumb_yello:

There is an area between the stage and where seating begins. I wonder if security will let us stand in that area. I want to be at the stage or the immediate area. If we can be in that area I may stand in line a little earlier.

I would like my girls to have a closer experience than Terminal 5.

I am happy with our seats, but if there is a chance they could dance on stage I want to give them that chance.

I think it is possible to stand in that area during the gig. Usually it is? But I hope people are not going to queue for that area before the gig? I mean, there is no point of having a seated venue if people are going to queue and stand there before the gig?

I look forward to meeting you and your husband. The international jet setters that you are.:mf_rosetinted:

I really look forward to seeing you all!! :thumb_yello: I'm not that international :teehee: This is my first time in US, I'm really excited about it!!

The venue looks really nice. Anyone has seen it?

I have been through a SEA OF EMOTIONS this morning.

I THOUGHT/hoped/prayed that maybe JUST maybe the ticket gods would BE WITH ME this ONE time seats are outta my own hands that queueing for 37 hours for just 2 shows would reap a wonderful blessing from the ticket gods . . WHY would I even think/feel/expect such a thing!? I am the MOST unlucky person anyone will ever meet - so WHY should this be any different?

And there is the PROOF . . .it is JUST my LUCK! We got tickets the MOMENT the link was active and LOOK what happened!

At FIRST I was beyond pissed/upset/devastated . . . ..

BUT - when I SAID that I was SO GLAD to have a seated venue . .. I REALLY meant it! NOW looking at my rant - I feel like a spoiled bitch who didn't get her way. And I don't LIKE that person at all! :no:

SO - I am NOT going to look at this show the same as ANY others. I am NOT going to focus on MIKA per say! NO NO NO . . . cause THAT would just piss me off! I am going to just HAVE FUN - being there . . . and sing and dance ans have a BLAST with Lucy! Finally we can JUST BE there together and HAVE FUN!

. . .. I feel like a icky bitch. I really do.

I'm going to say: don't feel like that. I didn't even see the rant you are referring to. We work ourselves up into such a frenzy that nothing short of Mika being directly on our person is a disappointment. DD is Damn good.

four rows in. And if, once the show starts and we can got to the stage, we are all in good positions to do that.

I'm not yelling at you sunshine, I'm trying to be supportive. Your way of looking at this as time to see so many MFC'ers and Lucy and all that is a great way to look at it.

We had a little bit of an yucky experience at Terminal 5 and I want this is be insane for the girls but I worry that if I don't get that for them I'll feel like it was a failure, what I am saying to myself is our seats are great, if we don't get to the stage area fine, we get to go into the city, meet-up with some absolutely cool MCF'ers have dinner and see the man in person and be insane with the fellow insane fans.

For that I would grateful everything else is icing on the cake.

Still love ya!:wub2:

I think it is possible to stand in that area during the gig. Usually it is? But I hope people are not going to queue for that area before the gig? I mean, there is no point of having a seated venue if people are going to queue and stand there before the gig?

Technically, I know that queuing would be a little silly, but I have an idea to create a WOW experience for my girls, unlike the Terminal 5 show.

I need to relax about this though.

I'm going to say: don't feel like that. I didn't even see the rant you are referring to. We work ourselves up into such a frenzy that nothing short of Mika being directly on our person is a disappointment. DD is Damn good.

four rows in. And if, once the show starts and we can got to the stage, we are all in good positions to do that.

I'm not yelling at you sunshine, I'm trying to be supportive. Your way of looking at this as time to see so many MFC'ers and Lucy and all that is a great way to look at it.

We had a little bit of an yucky experience at Terminal 5 and I want this is be insane for the girls but I worry that if I don't get that for them I'll feel like it was a failure, what I am saying to myself is our seats are great, if we don't get to the stage area fine, we get to go into the city, meet-up with some absolutely cool MCF'ers have dinner and see the man in person and be insane with the fellow insane fans.

For that I would grateful everything else is icing on the cake.

Still love ya!:wub2:

THANK YOU, really! I will have a DEFINITE answer for yall in just a few minutes AS TO EXACTLY HOW this theater goes about letting the first few rows to the PIT area . . . then EVERYONE can R E L A X and just take it eeeaasssyyyyy until the 16th! :huglove:

I am WITH YOU Jamie . . . . I want Aubrey and Zo to have the MOST amazing experience of their lives!

Technically, I know that queuing would be a little silly, but I have an idea to create a WOW experience for my girls, unlike the Terminal 5 show.

I understand you, but I think it's really weird if security lets people stand in front from the beginning because it's a seated venue. I have a tight schedule because I travel a long way, so I was quite happy it's seated. If we need to queue it's means that we can't have MFC dinner :shocked:

NOT SILLY AT ALL!!!!! I totally feel you there!

THERE IS NO WAY that I would ALLOW someone on say the 4th row to BUTT in front of me!!! NO WAY IN HELL. THAT is WHY I am hopeing that it is NOT a 'free for all' once the show starts . . . that it is organized and mannerly. I d NOT want to be pushing and shoving! AND JUST LIKE I WOULD NOT LET ANYONE BUTT ME - I WOULD NOT try and get in front of someone that was suppose to be in front of me!!! THAT'S NOT how I roll! :mf_rosetinted:

I understand you, but I think it's really weird if security lets people stand in front from the beginning because it's a seated venue. I have a tight schedule because I travel a long way, so I was quite happy it's seated. If we need to queue it's means that we can't have MFC dinner :shocked:

No worries!!! No MATTER what the verdict is . . . no need to even worry about this till it is time to enter the venue. Our dinner is going to be FINE! We just need to be there when they open the doors to allow us in.

I WILL BE RIGHT BACK - TO PUT THIS ALL TO REST! :biggrin2:

THANK YOU, really! I will have a DEFINITE answer for yall in just a few minutes AS TO EXACTLY HOW this theater goes about letting the first few rows to the PIT area . . . then EVERYONE can R E L A X and just take it eeeaasssyyyyy until the 16th! :huglove:

I am WITH YOU Jamie . . . . I want Aubrey and Zo to have the MOST amazing experience of their lives!

KUDOS to you for taking the initiative to find out. :thumb_yello:

:winner_first_h4h:

Thank you for doing that.

Aubrey and Zo are the girls? I think all first rows are MFCers, so I'm sure they have a good view :thumb_yello: In Paris gigs there was an adorable little girl dancing in front of the stage, and Mika loved it and let her dance on the piano :wub2: It was so cute!!

Aubrey and Zo are the girls? I think all first rows are MFCers, so I'm sure they have a good view :thumb_yello: In Paris gigs there was an adorable little girl dancing in front of the stage, and Mika loved it and let her dance on the piano :wub2: It was so cute!!

Aubrey is 13.5, 5'7" and Zoe is 12 and 5'5" I know we will be fine especially with all the MFC peeps there.

Can't wait for dinner!