MIKA in London - Popstarz Live @ The Scala

Christine

Excited much ..... gah ..... :woot_jump:

So so so so so so so so so so so so looking forward to this ..... :boing:

SO AM I!! EEEE!!! IT LOOKS SO INTIMATE - it would be fantastic if we got front row, especially since I'm so effing short :roftl::roftl:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks so much for the info!

Yes Marianne, I think Sadler's Wells held about that much.

EDIT: JESUS!!! THIS IS THE STAGE APPARENTLY!!!! It's hardly even raised!!!!!!!!! http://www.lmcaudio.co.uk/news/uploads/scala2.JPG

:shocked::shocked:

:woot_jump:

Yeah it's extremely low. When we went there to see Sara Bareilles we were pretty much sitting on the stage :naughty:

This is one of my videos from the Katy Perry gig at The Scala last September:

What .... :shocked: There's no barrier .... fantastic .... :wub2:

I'll never forget the Franz gig in a little pub - you were that close to the stage it was amazing :boing:

One of the best gigs I've been too .... only 200 people :aah:

Wow, looks fab! This is just the kind of venue I've always wanted to see Mika at! I will have no problems with my hearing if I can get front row! Fab!

Sara, thanks for that vi, where were you standing? On on of the raised areas, view looks amazing!

Wow, looks fab! This is just the kind of venue I've always wanted to see Mika at! I will have no problems with my hearing if I can get front row! Fab!

Sara, thanks for that vi, where were you standing? On on of the raised areas, view looks amazing!

I was going to be second row and the crowd was vicious, so I decided that I couldn't be bothered suffering down there in the pit for hours for a second row :naughty:, and I stood on this raised thing at the side. The view was perfect, even better than you can see on camera, it felt closer than it looks on cam.It's just this side area that is like a balcony, with a barrier. It's a lovely little place.

I think that there was a barrier at the front of the stage though, but Danika and Jennie will clarify that as they were at the front that night.

The problem is that this was a normal gig but what we're going to is not, so the whole scenario of running in when they open the doors and getting our spot wont' work. I don't really know what we should do, but it really seems stupid to stand there for over 3 hours waiting for the gig to start while it's a normal bar/club thing! :boxed:

I was going to be second row and the crowd was vicious, so I decided that I couldn't be bothered suffering down there in the pit for hours for a second row :naughty:, and I stood on this raised thing at the side. The view was perfect, even better than you can see on camera, it felt closer than it looks on cam.It's just this side area that is like a balcony, with a barrier. It's a lovely little place.

I think that there was a barrier at the front of the stage though, but Danika and Jennie will clarify that as they were at the front that night.

The problem is that this was a normal gig but what we're going to is not, so the whole scenario of running in when they open the doors and getting our spot wont' work. I don't really know what we should do, but it really seems stupid to stand there for over 3 hours waiting for the gig to start while it's a normal bar/club thing! :boxed:

can I be honest? Yes, it sounds silly. But I'll do it. Is it really much different than a GA gig? Waiting in the front row for ages? There will be other fans there, not just those from MFC...

can I be honest? Yes, it sounds silly. But I'll do it. Is it really much different than a GA gig? Waiting in the front row for ages? There will be other fans there, not just those from MFC...

If anyone has a better idea then I'm all for it but I really can't see another way round it! Will we stick out THAT much if we keep to one spot? We can dance around there and keep each others spaces whist they get drinks, go to the toilet, chat someone up..whatever!:naughty:

If anyone has a better idea then I'm all for it but I really can't see another way round it! Will we stick out THAT much if we keep to one spot? We can dance around there and keep each others spaces whist they get drinks, go to the toilet, chat someone up..whatever!:naughty:

I don't really drink to be honest, so I won't be going anywhere. And I'm quite happy to dance and jiggle in my own little spot :naughty:

I won't be chatting anyone up either LOL!

I don't really drink to be honest, so I won't be going anywhere. And I'm quite happy to dance and jiggle in my own little spot :naughty:

I won't be chatting anyone up either LOL!

I don't really drink either but we won't be able to take any bottles in with us and I don't fancy waiting 3 hours in a hot club without some kind of hydration!

I don't really drink either but we won't be able to take any bottles in with us and I don't fancy waiting 3 hours in a hot club without some kind of hydration!

okay, maybe I'll have one or two then :naughty: But I survived Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith Apollo without any drink whatsoever. I'll just try and drink lots before the gig :naughty:

ARRGHAG no fair! a gig near me with affordable tickets. and the damned venue is for 18 years and over only!!! :mad3:

Aww Taylor I'm sorry. I don't think there was anyway round the age restriction this time tho, it's not just that it's at a club, it's not a normal gig it's part of a club night. There will be more!

erm... I paid for these tickets via paypal... how do we get teh actual tickets does anyone know, I got a confirmation from paypal straight away but nothing else.

Not a clue I'm afraid. Babs has my ticket lol :aah:

Looking forward to seeing you again!! Is Vix going too?

erm... I paid for these tickets via paypal... how do we get teh actual tickets does anyone know, I got a confirmation from paypal straight away but nothing else.

Yes, that is all we all have I think. All very odd.:shocked:

do you think we have been done kath?? :blink:

No, I don't think so. I hope not anyway. I am trusting paypal if nothing else.

I wonder if Mikafish has had any response from her enquiring email?

No, I don't think so. I hope not anyway. I am trusting paypal if nothing else.

I wonder if Mikafish has had any response from her enquiring email?

i dont think anyone has. but i know what you mean i have done afew things on paypal and they have been ok. i will give them a ring in the moring. maybe we just take id down. :blink: dont know but think it will all be ok :blush-anim-cl:

Not a clue I'm afraid. Babs has my ticket lol :aah:

Looking forward to seeing you again!! Is Vix going too?

She is I bought her a ticket, (well sorta got an invisible one like the rest of us) pah she should have bought ME one its the day AFTER MY birthday after all.

Anyway now I am worrying cos I didn't think to book a family room that is the same price even as a twin and double at the travel lodge, I thought Vix would need to get back for work in the morning and she does but now I realize the tubes stop at midnight-ish and she is gonna be stranded, I am going to try to ring travel lodge to see if they will amend my booking but usually they wont do it when it's all done online etc I have had bother once before about it a long while ago, but I will try anyway.

I don't know what else to do unless anyone knows of anyone who she can travel towards Hampstead with after the gig. PM if anyone can help.