Seeing Mika live is like...?

superstar

Aaaahhh this inspired me to go and find my report from my first gig . .. and I ended up reading the WHOLE thread again! To tell you the truth (MUCH like any FIRST in your life that is important/meaningful) NOTHING will EVER compare to your first time seeing Mika . . . NO MATTER how many times you are lucky enough to get the chance to see him! Tis the TRUTH!!!!!

And thank goodness for these threads . . . that you can just go back to at any time and relive the greatest experience of your life! There were SO many LITTLE details that I had not thought about in over a year . . . and reading the thread again . . they were all right there - and it made me giggle, smile, LAUGH my arse off . . . and *sigh* . . . . Like everyone talking about when Mika spit on me. LMAO . . .EVERYONE saw it fall - and described it as 'angel dust' glistening as it fell. A HUGE glob fell right on my hand - cheeseygoodness IMMEDIATELY grabbed some off of me . . :lmao: And someone said: "Spray on your fans, you fool" :mf_rosetinted: I forgot all the funny stuff!

Anyways I copied this from my first report . . it isn't about the show -per say - but rather what it is LIKE meeting Mika for the first time:

When Mika came out to meet us.... it was ....was.....was..... there are NO words, let's just put it that way. I have always HEARD this, but until you experience it first hand...you have no clue. When Mika is talking to you - he looks directly into your eyes....almost as if he can see into your very soul. His eyes are so penetrating they burn your heart like a wild fire blazing beyond control. When he speaks to you, it is as if there is no one else to be found for miles upon miles. And somehow those few seconds, feel like an eternity. One that is forever burned in your memory so profoundly never to fade.

Aaahhh the momories REALLY do last a lifetime!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaahhh this inspired me to go and find my report from my first gig . .. and I ended up reading the WHOLE thread again! To tell you the truth (MUCH like any FIRST in your life that is important/meaningful) NOTHING will EVER compare to your first time seeing Mika . . . NO MATTER how many times you are lucky enough to get the chance to see him! Tis the TRUTH!!!!!

And thank goodness for these threads . . . that you can just go back to at any time and relive the greatest experience of your life! There were SO many LITTLE details that I had not thought about in over a year . . . and reading the thread again . . they were all right there - and it made me giggle, smile, LAUGH my arse off . . . and *sigh* . . . . Like everyone talking about when Mika spit on me. LMAO . . .EVERYONE saw it fall - and described it as 'angel dust' glistening as it fell. A HUGE glob fell right on my hand - cheeseygoodness IMMEDIATELY grabbed some off of me . . :lmao: And someone said: "Spray on your fans, you fool" :mf_rosetinted: I forgot all the funny stuff!

Anyways I copied this from my first report . . it isn't about the show -per say - but rather what it is LIKE meeting Mika for the first time:

When Mika came out to meet us.... it was ....was.....was..... there are NO words, let's just put it that way. I have always HEARD this, but until you experience it first hand...you have no clue. When Mika is talking to you - he looks directly into your eyes....almost as if he can see into your very soul. His eyes are so penetrating they burn your heart like a wild fire blazing beyond control. When he speaks to you, it is as if there is no one else to be found for miles upon miles. And somehow those few seconds, feel like an eternity. One that is forever burned in your memory so profoundly never to fade.

Aaahhh the momories REALLY do last a lifetime!

I'm still on a high since last Saturday!

Seing him live is an excitement overload that you don't think can get any more intense... and then it DOES!

Meting him afterwards is such a warm and intimate moment between you and him, and yes, you DO feel you are the only one in the room, for those wonderful golden moments!

OMG tell me about it. I did at the Le Poisson Rouge and it was a big big big mistake!!!

. . . after ALL t h a t debate in the hotel room . . should I wear it = NO - can you tell without it - NO . . . you take it off about 5 times . . then end up wearing it anyways and being totally miserable ALL day and night! And immediately take it off once in the car! :roftl:

. . . after ALL t h a t debate in the hotel room . . should I wear it = NO - can you tell without it - NO . . . you take it off about 5 times . . then end up wearing it anyways and being totally miserable ALL day and night! And immediately take it off once in the car! :roftl:

I know.....it was funny though.....

Seeing Mika live is like becoming addicted to heroin or cocaine. You'll always want more and you'll do whatever you have to to get it. (Not that I would know, but I'm guessing that's sort of what it would be like) :lol3:

That's so true Fmbm! I feel completely addicted too!

I also liken seeing Mika live as being like swimming under water for ages (when not seeing him) and then coming to the surface and taking that first, life-giving huge gulp of air (when at a gig)! It's exhilarating and makes me feel so alive.

I've only been to two gigs, so am waiting anxiously for the next time I'll be able to "resurface from the depths" and get that rush again!! :biggrin2:

Other tips:

• The post-gig depression is real, and it sucks

True .. And it hits you hard!

And the more gigs you go to, the harder it seems to get you :aah::roftl:

All of these are so sweet! It makes me even more excited to see Mika in Oakland in 1 month, 2 weeks, and 2 days! :wub2::blush-anim-cl:. I am not, however, looking forward to going back to school the monday after, from what I've heard. With my luck, we'll have a Calculus test that day :mf_rosetinted:.

Other tips:

• MFC is a HUGE therapy when dealing with post-gig depression
  • The moments before the opening act comes on are like torture
  • The moments between the opening act and Mika are even MORE torture. I sort of lose my mind then :naughty:
  • If you can, bring water; you'll need it
  • If it's a GA gig, bring as little stuff with you as possible
  • Security may search you, and if you're wearing a hoodie or carrying a big bag, others can sometimes run past while you're being searched
  • Oh and the best advice - don't, I repeat, don't wear a strapless bra. Trust me, it's just Bad Idea. :roftl:

Thank you so much for the tips! I'm getting excited just reading them! :boing:

From what I can tell, we're going to be in hysterics the week leading up to the gig, the gig is going to be the highpoint of LIFE as a collective, and then we're going to cry on the plane ride home, and at school the next week until we drown.

:wub2:

Fantastic!

From what I can tell, we're going to be in hysterics the week leading up to the gig, the gig is going to be the highpoint of LIFE as a collective, and then we're going to cry on the plane ride home, and at school the next week until we drown.

Fantastic!

Something like that yes :naughty:

Have fun! :biggrin2:

Fantastic!

:roftl: It doesn't always have to be like that! I'm still on cloud 9 because of the gig last wednesday :thumb_yello:

:roftl: It doesn't always have to be like that! I'm still on cloud 9 because of the gig last wednesday :thumb_yello:

Maybe you are now .. but oh boy .. when you're coming off of it it's gonna be hell :aah::bleh:

Other tips:

• MFC is a HUGE therapy when dealing with post-gig depression
  • The moments before the opening act comes on are like torture
  • The moments between the opening act and Mika are even MORE torture. I sort of lose my mind then :naughty:
  • If you can, bring water; you'll need it
  • If it's a GA gig, bring as little stuff with you as possible
  • Security may search you, and if you're wearing a hoodie or carrying a big bag, others can sometimes run past while you're being searched
  • Oh and the best advice - don't, I repeat, don't wear a strapless bra. Trust me, it's just Bad Idea. :roftl:

Those are really good tips. Especially the one about not bringing too much :wink2:

Maybe you are now .. but oh boy .. when you're coming off of it it's gonna be hell :aah::bleh:

I refuse to come off! :aah: I've been back amongst the 'normal' people already and I didn't like it! :roftl: So yeah, I made my way back to the cloud :teehee: Still got the audio to look forward to, then the video, then the meet-up :teehee: I predict a downfall around the end of october :roftl:

Just don't drink too much water right before the gig. You don't want to lose your spot by having to go to the washroom, but you don't want to be uncomfortable all night or to pee your pants from all the excitement either.:naughty:

I refuse to come off! :aah: I've been back amongst the 'normal' people already and I didn't like it! :roftl: So yeah, I made my way back to the cloud :teehee: Still got the audio to look forward to, then the video, then the meet-up :teehee: I predict a downfall around the end of october :roftl:

Poor you :roftl:

And yeah .. the end of october will problably be a good indication :aah: Good luck :bleh:

It might have already been mentioned, but you also lose all feeling of pain in your legs and feet from queuing all day once Mika bounds onto the stage.

:biggrin2:

True ...

But AFTER the gig it's twice as bad :aah::roftl:

It might have already been mentioned, but you also lose all feeling of pain in your legs and feet from queuing all day once Mika bounds onto the stage.

:biggrin2:

Yup. You lose everything that is wrong and you feel perfect :biggrin2: