Mika's bar party for fans

DANI56

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/mikas-bar-party-for-fans_1115470

MIKA'S BAR PARTY FOR FANS

Pop star MIKA picked up a $37,500 (£25,000) bar bill as a thank you to fans for supporting his new track WE ARE GOLDEN.

The Grace Kelly singer took to his personal page on microblogging site Twitter.com on Monday (07Sep09) to invite his loyal followers to an impromptu bash in London to celebrate the release of the song on Sunday (06Sep09).

He wrote, "Party TONIGHT Ground Floor Bar 186 Portobello Road drinks are on me from 6:30pm SEE YOU THERE x this is for real, no joke."

Hundreds of fans descended on the venue and kind-hearted Mika was left with a massive drinks tab.

But the support of the public was worth more than the bill. He added in another Twitter post: "Thank you so much to all of you who came tonight. That was one the funnest nights in the last few years. You turned the pub into a club."

09 September 2009 12:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't believe the bill was for £25,000. What were people drinking? Bottles of champagne? :naughty:

I can drink, believe me, and the most I could probably drink in three hours would be six drinks, let's say at £5 each, that's only £30. How many people were there??? Seven hundred?? I don't think so.

So either a) drinks are a tenner each, or more, in Notting Hill (surely not) or b) there were some hardcore drinkers in that pub on Monday night :fisch: or c) somebody has had a teeny weeny exaggeration here. :naughty:

T4P! :)

There are some nice pics of the Blackpool gig on that link :wub2:

true! :wub2:

I just can't believe the bill was for £25,000. What were people drinking? Bottles of champagne? :naughty:

I can drink, believe me, and the most I could probably drink in three hours would be six drinks, let's say at £5 each, that's only £30. How many people were there??? Seven hundred?? I don't think so.

So either a) drinks are a tenner each, or more, in Notting Hill (surely not) or b) there were some hardcore drinkers in that pub on Monday night :fisch: or c) somebody has had a teeny weeny exaggeration here. :naughty:

£ 25.000 seems really exaggerated :shocked: