Robbie Williams set to reunite with Take That: Mika´s thoughts

Fmbm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God, I'm actually going to have to sit through Children in Need this year

I don't think this is part of the fundraiser night, which is in November, I think this is a concert Gary has organised to coincide with it.

• 2 weeks later...

More info!

«C'est drôle que vous demandiez cela: je suis justement en train de préparer un concert de charité et ce sont uniquement les voix des King's Singers (fameux choeur masculin a cappella) qui vont me servir d'instruments! Je veux démontrer que la musique pop a autant de flexibilité que la musique classique.»

--> Funny you should ask: I'm just rehearsing for a charity event and it's only the voices of the King's Singers (famous male choir) that will assist as instruments! I want to show that pop music is just as flexible as classical music.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/musique/200910/10/01-910333-mika-le-garcon-qui-en-savait-assez.php

Never heard of them...

More info!

«C'est drôle que vous demandiez cela: je suis justement en train de préparer un concert de charité et ce sont uniquement les voix des King's Singers (fameux choeur masculin a cappella) qui vont me servir d'instruments! Je veux démontrer que la musique pop a autant de flexibilité que la musique classique.»

--> Funny you should ask: I'm just rehearsing for a charity event and it's only the voices of the King's Singers (famous male choir) that will assist as instruments! I want to show that pop music is just as flexible as classical music.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/musique/200910/10/01-910333-mika-le-garcon-qui-en-savait-assez.php

Never heard of them...

I'm soo curious right now!:shocked:

Really, Mika is not afraid to try different things. Some might work, some not, but it's really admirable for the risks he takes:wub2:

They are olden days singers. they used to be on Radio 4 on Sunday evenings in a show called Sing Something Simple. My mum used to listen to it when she washed up after Sunday tea. A picture of domesticity :)

More info!

Never heard of them...

:woot_jump:

I love them... :mf_lustslow:

They were very popular in Hungary in the 80s ...

will try to find something typical of them on YT in a minute..

Until then, let me just say quickly how much I'd love to hear ONE FOOT BOY with the King's Singers singing backing vocals:wub2:

Here they are singing the Overture from the Barber of Seville (a line-up from the 80s - one of the best ones)

:doh:

Grace Kelly would also be spot on, I just remembered

Edited by suzie

:woot_jump:

I love them... :mf_lustslow:

They were very popular in Hungary in the 80s ...

will try to find something typical of them on YT in a minute..

Until then, let me just say quickly how much I'd love to hear ONE FOOT BOY with the King's Singers singing backing vocals:wub2:

That would be nice :thumb_yello: I've searched a bit on youtube, but I can't say I know what they're about now :blink: So something typical would be handy :wink2:

I wonder which song! Will it be one of his or a cover... Maybe I see you :wub2::mf_lustslow:

That would be nice :thumb_yello: I've searched a bit on youtube, but I can't say I know what they're about now :blink: So something typical would be handy :wink2:

I wonder which song! Will it be one of his or a cover... Maybe I see you :wub2::mf_lustslow:

I added this later to my post:

They usually sing classical music but also some 'classic pop' like the Beatles - Grace Kelly would be an obvious choice, but they'd be great doing trumpets on Billy Brown..etc:blush-anim-cl:

I added this later to my post:

They usually sing classical music but also some 'classic pop' like the Beatles - Grace Kelly would be an obvious choice, but they'd be great doing trumpets on Billy Brown..etc:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks!! That one I actually like! The things I watched at YT I was like :blink: Couldn't see a collaboration with Mika at all. A bit easier to see now! I see lots of possibilities actually, love today e.g.

More info!

Never heard of them...

He's singing with the Kings Singers!:shocked:

That's fantastic!

They are quite well known here, they had their own show on R2 once, brilliant harmonists.

Can't wait to hear what they do with him.

If he sings with Gary Barlow then I'll join the rant and extend it with at least two weeks :sneaky2:

And then I'll come in waaay too late and extend it with another 2 weeks.:naughty:

As long as it's NOT with Leona Lewis!:sneaky2:

YUCK. That's even worse than GB I think. Or at least just as bad:teehee:

When we asked Mika about Robbie rejoining the lads he said: “That’s what I hear. It would be great. I’m a real fan of Robbie and I really like his new single.

“I’ll be performing a duet. I can’t say who with yet, there are going to be a lot of surprises.

“Gary has done a fantastic job, it’s going to be an amazing night.”

:wub2:

Would LOVE LOVE to see and hear Mika&Robbie doing a duet :biggrin2:

T4p:thumb_yello: