Mika in 'W' Magazine

Fmbm

Fashion Darling

With the release of his debut album two years ago, Mika became an overnight pop star in Europe -- and apparently, the toast of the fashion world. Designers such as Jean Paul Gaultier and Matthew Williamson regularly clamor to dress the singer. Now, with Mika's second album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, coming out September 22, Christian Louboutin, Indian designer Manish Arora and avant-garde Belgian designer Walter Van Beirendonck are creating outfits for the singer to wear on his North American tour. In the meantime, devotees should treasure hunt in the thrift stores at London's Earls Court, where we tells W he anonymously drops off his worn duds (with the exception of his vintage Gaultier couture embroidered jackets). "I just gave away a bag of 17 Rick Owns T-shirts," he says.

ayn4g1.jpg

swztk7.jpg

(sorry they're bad quality)

----------

I can't believe he gives his clothes away :shocked::aah:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fashion Darling

With the release of his debut album two years ago, Mika became an overnight pop star in Europe -- and apparently, the toast of the fashion world. Designers such as Jean Paul Gaultier and Matthew Williamson regularly clamor to dress the singer. Now, with Mika's second album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, coming out September 22, Christian Louboutin, Indian designer Manish Arora and avant-garde Belgian designer Walter Van Beirendonck are creating outfits for the singer to wear on his North American tour. In the meantime, devotees should treasure hunt in the thrift stores at London's Earls Court, where we tells W he anonymously drops off his worn duds (with the exception of his vintage Gaultier couture embroidered jackets). "I just gave away a bag of 17 Rick Owns T-shirts," he says.

----------

I can't believe he gives his clothes away :shocked::aah:

I didn't know it! :no:

if it's true that HE gives HIS clothes away I'd like to have something:teehee:

anyway... T4P, Nono! :flowers2:

he must have too many ... he prolly doesn' know where to keep them or doesn't like them any more :aah:

Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

It's a good job he didn't mention which charity shop he gave his clothes too or we'd all be there rummaging for Rick Owens T shirts. :naughty:

Not me of course :mf_rosetinted:

No, not you :mf_rosetinted:

*cough*BritishHeartFoundation*cough*

???? Do you know something I don't know?

Actually, you probably know lots of things I don't know.:roftl:

Do you know something I don't know regarding Mika and the British Heart Foundation or regarding Karen and Mika and the British Heart Foundation?

Ha! Like some of you, I'd love to have his old worn clothes. :teehee:

Just tweeted him to suggest he give them away as a prize for Mika Magic Points. :naughty:

Instead of secret gigs he should have 'secret donations', where he donates a shedload of old clothes to a mystery charity shop somewhere in the world (not just London :sneaky2:) and gives us cryptic clues to solve to find it.

I'd go for that :aah: Imagine 50 MFCers storming the Scope shop in Aberdeen or wherever and rummaging, it'd be hilarious. :teehee:

Ha! Like some of you, I'd love to have his old worn clothes. :teehee:

Just tweeted him to suggest he give them away as a prize for Mika Magic Points. :naughty:

What a great idea:roftl:

Instead of secret gigs he should have 'secret donations', where he donates a shedload of old clothes to a mystery charity shop somewhere in the world (not just London :sneaky2:) and gives us cryptic clues to solve to find it.

I'd go for that :aah: Imagine 50 MFCers storming the Scope shop in Aberdeen or wherever and rummaging, it'd be hilarious. :teehee:

:roftl::roftl:

It's good that Mika gives his clothes to the charity shops. But he could raise a shed load of money for charities if he sold them on ebay, for that purpose.

Yeah for sure, he really should.

I've been eyeing that brown hoodie from the Love Today video for two years. It's a good thing he doesn't put that thing for sale on eBay, or else I'd be eating ramen noodles for a year. :bleh: