• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Studies Show That Gratitude May Improve Your Health

Ann Quasarano

gratitude.jpg

There are many, many reasons to be grateful each day. As you focus on them, notice the peace that envelops you and savor life’s joys.

Health and happiness – two universal goals – may indeed be related. A number of studies, including one at the University of California Davis and the University of Utah, confirm that grateful people tend to be more optimistic, a characteristic that boosts the immune system.

According to the research, gratitude, practiced daily, will strengthen your immune system and help you to approach life with greater optimism. One psychologist suggests focusing on three to five specific things that you are grateful for each day. They can be as simple as having food to eat, a roof over your head, your spouse and children, or appreciating nature. Dr. Blair Justice, a psychology professor at the UT School of Public Health in Houston, practices a daily gentle examination. “At the end of the day, I ask myself three questions. What has surprised me? What has touched me? What has inspired me? Answering these questions gives us the opportunity to see things through fresh eyes.”

As we approach this season of Thanksgiving, it may be the perfect opportunity to reflect on those small moments that make life special. Perhaps tonight, as you prepare for bed, focus on three events of the day for which you are grateful. These need not be big events - after all, you’re alive! There are many, many reasons to be grateful each day. As you focus on them, notice the peace that envelops you and savor life’s joys.

http://www.4yourtype.com/2009_newsletter_v6n10.asp#Second

grazie, Marina! :huglove:....credo proprio che sia vero, anche perchè, solitamente, si apprezzano le cose quando ci vengono a mancare, no?

Ieri l'ho visto in diretta ed è stato a dir poco emozionante... :wub2: Mi sembrava di essere lì davanti a lui...

Grazie per i link!!

anch'io l'ho visto.... è stato grande!! :wub2::mf_lustslow::fangurl:

AGGIORNAMENTO: PRENOTATO X DOMENICA

RISTORANTE "LA LANTERNA" v.Mecenate 34

web: http://lalanterna.altervista.org/index.php

where: http://lalanterna.altervista.org/dove.php

time: 20:30

grazie Giu!

grazie, Marina! :huglove:....credo proprio che sia vero, anche perchè, solitamente, si apprezzano le cose quando ci vengono a mancare, no?
proprio così :)

ma vete fatto un tredde pubblico?? muahhahahaha adesso parteciperanno tutte le straniere!e noi a casa! :D

eh

devo dare risalto alla cosa, se lo metto nei members only non va bene.

e se lo metto solo nell'italian thread, tanto vale che ve lo guardate su mikamusic!

ma no, vedrai che ci saremo solo noi :wink2:

eh

e se lo metto solo nell'italian thread, tanto vale che ve lo guardate su mikamusic!

a me basta di esserci io!....:biggrin2:....scherzi a parte....chi vuoi che venga?!?!?!? :blink:

eh

spetta un po'....ti riquoto!

quella faccina che strizza l'occhio è un input a sperare in qualcosa di concreto, o è lì tanto per incoraggiamento?!?!?!? :aah: