The boy who didn't want to grow up - 30/9 2009

EnFa

The Boy who didn’t want to grow up

Gaffa.dk, 5 out of 6 stars

On MICHAEL HOOLBROOK PENNIMANS second album, as the singer Mika, he focuses on his puberty as a natural follow-up on his debut album which was about the naivety of childhood. Mika says that his teenage years wasn’t more enlightened though and explains that the title, TBWKTM (a reference to the Hitchcock movie!) is a comment on the teenagers who think they can take on the world.

The last time we talked, you said you got more childish, as you grew older. Is this still true?- Yes, somehow. The older I get, the more anarchistic I seem to behave. I should be more responsible, but I’ve become less responsible. So, I’m not childish anymore, just irresponsible and anarchistic. The older I get, the more complicated my life gets. Usually it’s the other way around, especially when it comes to artists, but I just thought “**** it, let’s do the opposite, I want to attitudinize (!!!!) myself even more.

When was the last time you acted childish?-

That was when I made my new video, WAG….bla bla. My record-company was stunned, as they saw it. “Are you sure this is how you want it to be?” they asked. Of course, yes, it’s ****ing brilliant and fun.

Were you a balanced child or a brat?- I was the most dangerous kind. I was cute and could get away with anything. But as a teen I was a coward. I was lonely and hid behind my music and would express myself through it.

What do you mean, you were a coward?

I simply wasn’t brave enough to confront people and state my opinion. Instead I did so in my songs. This is the opposite of me as a child, when I wasn’t afraid to provocative and tactless – but I got away with it, because I was so cute. Later on I got bullied and I started to hide myself more and more away. Luckily, this is what got me into making music.

A lot of teens need to make a riot – did you go through this phase? I had nothing to stand up against! Had no friend and was unpopular, so what should I riot against? ….

Blab bla bla, Mika wants more men in the business.

What is the greatest luxury in your life?

A cleaning lady. That is the best kind of luxury you can even imagine – if anyone tells you otherwise, they’re lying. …..

(Mika finds some questions on the floor from the last journalist)

It’s always the same, lots of serious questions and then a funny one- here it says “What do you sleep in?”

Well then, what DO you sleep in?

Absolutely nothing.

Then it says why he cancelled Australia and the two Danish gigs back in the days – He had the mumps.

There’s also a story of his old, worn-out shoes, but I’m sure he’s already told that.

Edited by EnFa
Forgot to add the stars :P

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Since when did he have the mumps? :naughty:

Thanks EnFa :flowers2:

I'm thinking the same thing. If he really did have the mumps, at the time, wouldn't it have made sense to say that? Everyone would have been properly sympathetic etc and wouldn't have felt fobbed off.

I find it strange for this to come out as the supposed reason now.

Edit: I don't know the story about the old worn out shoes:blink:

Edited by chickadee

My friend had the mumps last year. Isn't it supposed to be more dangerous the older you are if you get it?

I don't know about the mumps, but Chicken Pox is a lot worse as an adult. Thank goodness they have a vaccine nowadays.

Actually, isn't there a vaccine for mumps too?:blink:

I don't know about the mumps, but Chicken Pox is a lot worse as an adult. Thank goodness they have a vaccine nowadays.

Actually, isn't there a vaccine for mumps too?:blink:

yes, there is, but maybe developed later than mika's infancy times.

and mumps are really dangerous for a man in his grown up age cause they may lead to infertility.

i remember well the multiple times when he said his ears were aching much, so maybe he was having mumps.

not nice indeed, poor mika.

but of course, this might also be a big lie of his, we know him well already!:roftl:

ROFL this has to be the most confusing interview ever.

The shoes? Apparently he found these really old shoes which got him a free taxi-ride. Therefor he wore them all the time for a year or so to get more free rides.. But he didn't succeed :teehee:

The Boy who didn’t want to grow up

Gaffa.dk, 5 out of 6 stars

On MICHAEL HOOLBROOK PENNIMANS second album, as the singer Mika, he focuses on his puberty as a natural follow-up on his debut album which was about the naivety of childhood. Mika says that his teenage years wasn’t more enlightened though and explains that the title, TBWKTM (a reference to the Hitchcock movie!) is a comment on the teenagers who think they can take on the world.

The last time we talked, you said you got more childish, as you grew older. Is this still true?- Yes, somehow. The older I get, the more anarchistic I seem to behave. I should be more responsible, but I’ve become less responsible. So, I’m not childish anymore, just irresponsible and anarchistic. The older I get, the more complicated my life gets. Usually it’s the other way around, especially when it comes to artists, but I just thought “**** it, let’s do the opposite, I want to attitudinize (!!!!) myself even more.

When was the last time you acted childish?-

That was when I made my new video, WAG….bla bla. My record-company was stunned, as they saw it. “Are you sure this is how you want it to be?” they asked. Of course, yes, it’s ****ing brilliant and fun.

Were you a balanced child or a brat?- I was the most dangerous kind. I was cute and could get away with anything. But as a teen I was a coward. I was lonely and hid behind my music and would express myself through it.

What do you mean, you were a coward?

I simply wasn’t brave enough to confront people and state my opinion. Instead I did so in my songs. This is the opposite of me as a child, when I wasn’t afraid to provocative and tactless – but I got away with it, because I was so cute. Later on I got bullied and I started to hide myself more and more away. Luckily, this is what got me into making music.

A lot of teens need to make a riot – did you go through this phase? I had nothing to stand up against! Had no friend and was unpopular, so what should I riot against? ….

Blab bla bla, Mika wants more men in the business.

What is the greatest luxury in your life?

A cleaning lady. That is the best kind of luxury you can even imagine – if anyone tells you otherwise, they’re lying. …..

(Mika finds some questions on the floor from the last journalist)

It’s always the same, lots of serious questions and then a funny one- here it says “What do you sleep in?”

Absolutely nothing.

Then it says why he cancelled Australia and the two Danish gigs back in the days – He had the mumps.

There’s also a story of his old, worn-out shoes, but I’m sure he’s already told that.

Thanks.

Are you sure is "mumps" and not a ear infection?

“What do you sleep in?”

Absolutely nothing."

Uhhhhh......How many times is he going to change this? :teehee: First he sleeps in just his boxers, then a couple of weeks ago he told Radio 1 that he sleeps in pyjamas from BHS and now he sleeps naked!! :roftl::roftl: Oh well, maybe it depends on the weather. :naughty:

Thanks for posting :biggrin2:

“What do you sleep in?”

Absolutely nothing."

Uhhhhh......How many times is he going to change this? :teehee: First he sleeps in just his boxers, then a couple of weeks ago he told Radio 1 that he sleeps in pyjamas from BHS and now he sleeps naked!! :roftl::roftl: Oh well, maybe it depends on the weather. :naughty:

Thanks for posting :biggrin2:

:roftl: I'm waiting for "a drop of Chanel N°5". :naughty:

I think you can get mumps even if you did get a vaccine. It's not 100% protection.

And about cleaning lady - I couldn't agree more, I want one too :naughty: can't decide what I hate more- to clean or to have a mess around. Tough combination :naughty:

I think you can get mumps even if you did get a vaccine. It's not 100% protection.

And about cleaning lady - I couldn't agree more, I want one too :naughty: can't decide what I hate more- to clean or to have a mess around. Tough combination :naughty:

When you were vaccined as a child you are not protect when you are an adult against mumps. The virus is more violent when you are an adult. Male sterelity is rare after having mumps, it's a myth.