MIKA @ the Apollo, Manchester

dcdeb

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazzy etc , which Travelodge you staying at

I live in Crewe so I can actually get the last train back at 11.38.

...But if people wanna stay and we can get a group together then I'm up for it. Saves worrying and also Sarah and Jenny are going to this one and staying up there (probably in a travel lodge because I've been pimping that £19 deal - why aren't I on commission?) so it'd be wicked to NOT have to go home straight after.

I'll have a look - I just put in the postcode of the venue and it comes up with the nearest one.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/saver_search_book.php?hotel_id=280&saver_ts=1266537600&nights=

It's 1.2 miles away from the venue. £32 for the family room which can fit four but probably a few more on the floor - who wants in on it?

Bumblebee_vix and I stayed there last time, it was a bit of a walk to the gig, but I didnt know hte area well and just followed my sat nav there by foot lol. Not a bad Hotel, your get what it says on the tin with Travel lodge, it's clean, and warm and you can shower and sleep, what more do you need. :thumb_yello:

Bumblebee_vix and I stayed there last time, it was a bit of a walk to the gig, but I didnt know hte area well and just followed my sat nav there by foot lol. Not a bad Hotel, your get what it says on the tin with Travel lodge, it's clean, and warm and you can shower and sleep, what more do you need. :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I'm not sure whether to book it or not. Cos I CAN get home but I don't want to worry, but if I'm on my own then there's no point.

I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with a travelodge. Travel Inn, yes (did they change to Premier Inns?) but not the lodges. Travel Inn cleaners in Staffordshire stole money out of my purse which was inside my big duffle bag that had all my clothes in. I was only about 8 and they nicked a fiver off me and my brother. That's a HUGE amount when you're 8.

Sounds good to me!

I'm just a bit disappointed that no one wants to stay with us!

Oh well, maybe Alan and me are just too old.

I bet we can still party though.

Aw, it's a lovely offer Marilyn, but I am too much of a princess to stay in someone else's house. I don't do hostels, don't share hotel rooms, don't sleep on people's sofas, etc. and it's nothing personal because I like enjoying the trip with people. When I rent a flat in London I love having people stay over, but I have my own bedroom and everyone else has to fight over the spare beds, sofas and cots. :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...
Your doing nearly all of them missy!! enough is enough :roftl:

Elf is turning fan girly :shocked:

:roftl: i've always been fan girlie !! I just can't bare to read reports and stuff out of wanting my turn so bad :roftl: I can't wait ... just a shame its gonna be about minus 27 or something :boxed:

:roftl: i've always been fan girlie !! I just can't bare to read reports and stuff out of wanting my turn so bad :roftl: I can't wait ... just a shame its gonna be about minus 27 or something :boxed:

Yeshhhh February in the UK , first time we could be Qing in snow :shocked:

Brrrrrrr .... hot drinks needed missy

I suggest bringing a husky dog with drinkies around its neck:naughty:

Yeshhhh February in the UK , first time we could be Qing in snow :shocked:

Brrrrrrr .... hot drinks needed missy

I suggest bringing a husky dog with drinkies around its neck:naughty:

For some reason you really do think i'm an elf don't you ? :naughty: Now it's serving drinks and husky dogs :naughty: Forget the husky's just bring a flask :roftl:

For some reason you really do think i'm an elf don't you ? :naughty: Now it's serving drinks and husky dogs :naughty: Forget the husky's just bring a flask :roftl:

I kinda thought flask was a good idea :biggrin2:

Actually we will be the softies here , Christine is used to -10000 temperatures :naughty:

Flask of coffee and added goodies yummski:biggrin2:

Serious though could be Qing , freezing and snow .. brrrrr:sneaky2:

I kinda thought flask was a good idea :biggrin2:

Actually we will be the softies here , Christine is used to -10000 temperatures :naughty:

Flask of coffee and added goodies yummski:biggrin2:

Serious though could be Qing , freezing and snow .. brrrrr:sneaky2:

Yeah , its gonna be grim .... :aah: Shame we have to go all the way to Madrid for boiling hot temperatures :naughty:

:roftl::roftl:

Man .. MIKA TOUR IN THE SUMMERRRRRR:sneaky2:

:surfing::surfing:

Still Im not wearing a coat , doesnt matter what Robi says:naughty:

That would be the martyr in you :roftl: Then you'll come on mfc with a chest infection , expecting homemade virtual soup :sneaky2: I know your game :thumb_yello: Dont fall for it people :roftl::wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been talking with fans on the new UK Promotion of Mika thread and a suggestion has been made, of having Flash Mobs in places where Mika is performing.

Flash Mobs are basically fans getting together, dressed up if they want to have a theme, to dance and sing to a Mika song, and someone films it for Youtube.

This would only work if a lot of people want to get involved or it would look quite lame if it's just a few.

It would happen on the day of the gig, probably when people are queing up. What does everyone think? Is it something we could do? It could be a lot of fun if it works out.

We'd need for someone to film us and upload onto Youtube, and the rest of us to just be there with our best moves and singing voices. But it's all something we could discuss, and plan, if we decide to do it.

So what do you all think of the idea? Is it feasable?