MIKA Musical Guest on David Letterman October 14

Suzy

Just saying HE KNOWS (or should be able to figure out) that LOTS of peeps will be there for the show on the 16th . . and well - since he has the NEXT day off . . . he should totally have a HUGE party that night while we are all in town! :roftl:

:freak:

that would be perfect....................

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Letterman tapes his shows a few days in advance now, doesn't he?

I remember Imogen Heap tweeting about that -- that she had taped a

segment in the hopes it would air the day her album came out, but

instead it didn't air until several days later. :sneaky2:

Wonder if that means Mika will be in NYC this weekend? Or will he go

to NYC from Montreal then to Boston then back to NYC for the Friday

night gig? The reason I'm wondering is... well, he did say they'd be

doing a surprise something in NYC soon... and... well, you know... :blush-anim-cl:

That's exactly what I was thinking about too:naughty:

time to pray to holy johnny? :mf_popeanim:

Yeah, not even the Ticket Fairy can help me this time. :naughty:

Better get ready to fly...you never know what can happen in Mikaland. :naughty:

Expect the unexpected... the possibilities are endless... yes, I've heard

that before. :wink2:

Okay...so this is from Wikipedia...maybe it will give a hint about the "secret gig". My brain is mush this late into the night. My deduction skills are shot.

Someone else try to figure out if this helps:

"In most American markets the show airs at 11:35 pm Eastern/Pacific time, but is recorded Mondays at 4:30 pm and 7:00 pm, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 5:30 pm, and Thursdays at 4:30 pm. The second Monday episode usually airs on Friday of that week."

Grrrr... that means Wednesday he'll be taping, and so Wednesday is

a likely candidate. I can't be in NYC Wednesday and then

again Friday. Ah jest cain't dew it. My 25-year-old soul wants to,

but my 50-year-old conscience won't let me... :sneaky2:

How... inconvenient. At the risk of sounding like a weepy whiner --

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? does it have to be Wednesday???

OK, I won't panic -- there might not be anything until the weekend.

O M G . . . if he DOES something before I arrive I am gonna :hair:

+1

as they say...

I think it is quite fortunate Mika is booked on this show now as with David Letterman all over in the news nowadays, his viewership must have increased singnificantly over the last week or so...:teehee:

It must have. I was watching tv, can't remember what, and they were talking about Letterman and showing people lined up for his show hours in advanced hoping they'll hear more about the scandal.

I think there will be some more Mika fans come the 14th. :naughty:

Wouldn't have happened at Skavlan show either and.... surprise, surprise!:wink2:

Seriously, we just have to hope Mika doesn't get bumped off due to time constraints. :aah: Dave doesn't interview any of his musical guests. He will get up from his desk and go to the stage area and shake Mika's hand, tell him he did a good job. He'll tell the audience to buy Mika's album and the credits will roll.

I think it is quite fortunate Mika is booked on this show now as with David Letterman all over in the news nowadays, his viewership must have increased singnificantly over the last week or so...:teehee:

It was Sarah Palin's stupidity that launched Adele's success in the US so it's definitely a good thing. :naughty:

I've been loving Letterman since Mika was born. I can't believe he's going to be on the show. So excited. :teehee:

Seriously, we just have to hope Mika doesn't get bumped off due to time constraints. :aah: Dave doesn't interview any of his musical guests. He will get up from his desk and go to the stage area and shake Mika's hand, tell him he did a good job. He'll tell the audience to buy Mika's album and the credits will roll.

It was Sarah Palin's stupidity that launched Adele's success in the US so it's definitely a good thing. :naughty:

I've been loving Letterman since Mika was born. I can't believe he's going to be on the show. So excited. :teehee:

:blink: i think i missed the sarah palin / adele story... do tell :teehee:

:blink: i think i missed the sarah palin / adele story... do tell :teehee:

Tina Fey was hosting Saturday Night Live the night Adele was appearing and they managed to get Sarah Palin to make an appearance at the last minute so Tina Fey and Palin did a little face-off on air. Half of America was watching that night and the next thing she knew Adele was doing a big US tour and winning a couple of Grammys.

Mika really needed to be on Letterman the night after his confession. :teehee:

Tina Fey was hosting Saturday Night Live the night Adele was appearing and they managed to get Sarah Palin to make an appearance at the last minute so Tina Fey and Palin did a little face-off on air. Half of America was watching that night and the next thing she knew Adele was doing a big US tour and winning a couple of Grammys.

Mika really needed to be on Letterman the night after his confession. :teehee:

:lmfao: yeah! he missed a great opportunity. i read somewhere today that letterman's ratings have gone up alot since his "confession"