The rain video!

Droopsy

I'm struck by how many people are saying 'where's the rain in this video??'. I don't get it. The song isn't even about rain! It's a metaphor for flip's sake.

The video has conveyed the emotion of the song very well and to have actual rain in it would, to me, be very cheesy. The fireworks work much better as a climax in the video.

However having said all that I wouldn't have minded seeing Mika get all wet n stuff :das:

Thank you!:wub2:

I agree on every word, it would have been a big mistake to be dancing in the rain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8zaxTZ4OFg

:wub2:

I wanted a metaphorical wet T shirt to go with the metaphorical rain :sad: It's not much to ask, is it? :blush-anim-cl:

Aren’t you on the verge to be a candidate for the Nuaghty corner with this comment!:naughty:

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't he the one with antler thingies on his head? :blink:

:teehee:

No that's not David. That's a laydee.

:teehee:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

wow! that was unexpected!

of course i love it but i'm still trying to find THE MIKA in it. :teehee:

He's the tall good looking one with the curly hair :teehee:

I'll take my rubbish jokes away now :aah:

Great great video, much better then Blame it on the girls video.

Very cinematic and melodic, perfect for this song, and like many i am glad there is no actual rain in the vid, it would have ruined the whole meaning of the song, the video and would have been to obvious and not original.

Am I the only one who's not overly impressed with this vid? I haven't read the whole thread, can't be bothered, but I saw lots of very positive tweets and thought "Oh, goody", then watched it and went:blink:

I just don't get it. Sure he looks nice in it, and the fireworks are a nice touch and I like the costumes, but I just don't take to this vid for some reason.

It's kind of weird, cos lots of people complained about BIOTG and whilst there are definitely things in that vid I can point out that I don't like, overall I like that vid.

Am I the only one who's not overly impressed with this vid? I haven't read the whole thread, can't be bothered, but I saw lots of very positive tweets and thought "Oh, goody", then watched it and went:blink:

I just don't get it. Sure he looks nice in it, and the fireworks are a nice touch and I like the costumes, but I just don't take to this vid for some reason.

It's kind of weird, cos lots of people complained about BIOTG and whilst there are definitely things in that vid I can point out that I don't like, overall I like that vid.

Of course you're allowed to not like it. We can't all like everything Mika does (I know I certainly don't :naughty:) and there's no need to justify it either :thumb_yello:. Sometimes I just don't take to certain songs of his, or indeed videos, and I can't always put my finger on why, either.

Just seen it :shocked:

I really like the 'desperation' that comes out of his face that is always very expressive, the setting and obviously the fireworks.

I think that 'Rain' was the most difficult song to bring in a video and I think that the general feeling around the video is very close to the feeling around the song.

Oh well, the things that impressed me more are the colurs :wub2: and the facial expressions of Mika because they seemed so true and 'real' though they fit well with the fantastic setting.

The best part IMO is where he's lying on the ground desperate (:naughty:)

He can be such a good actor! Especially with this kind of songs that he evidently feels so close to him (also during the gigs).

Oh well I don't know what to think yet :naughty: I feel the video fits very well with the song especially with the lyrics and I love some parts of it..I just have to watch it a few times to know if I like it or not :naughty:

Aha, I found the video which this video reminded me off!

Yup, weird :blink:

I wanted a metaphorical wet T shirt to go with the metaphorical rain :sad: It's not much to ask, is it? :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl::roftl:

---

Well, finally my opinion after watching it like gazillion times :teehee:. I like that it's different from the other ones, creates another kind of atmosphere, it's dark and a little scary.

First time I watched it I was like what the heck are these creatures, and why is he running away from them in such a funny running. Yes, his running makes me laugh which ruins a bit the dark and scary asmosphere.

But I liked it all, his moves, him on the floor, twisting himself :blush-anim-cl:, his shadow, the tent, the jump (I simply adore it!). the lights, fireworks, the forest. The creatures are weird but ok, it's his style. And about the running all I have to say is that is funny to me, I can't help but laughing.

I like it for a change, very cinematic. Well done Mika!! :thumb_yello:

Ah! and I love the song.

Thank you SO much for posting this.:biggrin2:

I absolutely love this video, I really do. I think it suits the song perfectly. I like the scene, those mirror things hanging from the trees, all those ''weird'' people, the fireworks,...it all works so great together. Oh and Mika looks so stunning.:fangurl:

:yikes:

Thank you for posting Droopsy!! Where the HELL do you find these things??

Anyway :aah: I think this is my fav Mika video now :wub2: It's so unlike to what he had done before. I especially like this dark note that was added and you can feel it only when watching the video,because when you only listen to the song you get a totally different feeling. That's what I feel at least.:teehee:

I also adore his outfit and his dancing :thumb_yello: And his hair,he looks like he's 19 year old :wub2:

It's really kind of opposite to all of his previous vids - it's not as colourful,cheerful,crazy... It's rather depressive and dark and moody,and those fairies and forest beings remind me of Disney's "Sleeping Beauty",which is one of my all-time favourite cartoons. Also,the fireworks in the end and his running is brilliant, breath-taking.This kind of style goes much better along with what TBWKTM is about and its lyrics.

I think he should do more videos like this.

Edited by keti

Thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

I absolutely LOVE this video, and as Keti said, It's very different from what you imagine when you listen to the song. He put a little bit of dark in it, and that's great. I love his outfit, too. and he looks stunning :wub2:(not like Blame it On the Grils, WTF with this vid???:sneaky2:)

I am so proud of our boy. Thumbs up Mikachou! :roftl: