Post Mika Depression

Mom4Mika

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unluckily (yes!) I have never suffered from PMD... :no: because I have never been to any of his concerts yet... BUT I did suffer from Post Queen Depression last year :blush-anim-cl:.

It was quite weird really, because it took me a couple of weeks to realize that my dream had come true, and that it was over (I cried sooo much !). I just focused in University and trying to get as many videos from the concert as posible:teehee::aah:.

Now it feels Ok, I'm just waiting for Mika to come here.:wink2:

Unluckily (yes!) I have never suffered from PMD... :no: because I have never been to any of his concerts yet... BUT I did suffer from Post Queen Depression last year :blush-anim-cl:.

It was quite weird really, because it took me a couple of weeks to realize that my dream had come true, and that it was over (I cried sooo much !). I just focused in University and trying to get as many videos from the concert as posible:teehee::aah:.

Now it feels Ok, I'm just waiting for Mika to come here.:wink2:

Aaahhh FOR ME - Post Mika Depression is FAR worse then ANY other I have ever experienced! Don't know why :dunno: other then the fact that is truly is everything! Being with other MFCers and having SO much FUN - and the SHOW O M G . . . MIKA is EXPLOSIVE. I can't wait for you to experience Mika LIVE - there is nothing like it in the UNIVERSE! T R U L Y!!!!! :shocked:

I didn't even feel like this after following Rufus around - and YALL know how MUCH I LOVE that man! And I was SO MUCH closer to him then I will ever be to Mika! So . . . I don't even know what to say!

I'm going through this big time right now. :sad: As soon as I got to the car, I called my dad, and right when he said, "Did you have fun?" I started sobbing. He did not understand at all. He thought I was crying because I didn't get to meet Mika, but that wasn't even it. I cried for an hour on the way home, and my friend couldn't even talk. It was like she just couldn't make sense of her feelings. When I got home I felt a lot better, but before I went in the house, I saw a shooting star, and for some reason it made me start crying again. Ever since then it's been a roller coaster. School tomorrow is going to be torture.

I'm going through this big time right now. :sad: As soon as I got to the car, I called my dad, and right when he said, "Did you have fun?" I started sobbing. He did not understand at all. He thought I was crying because I didn't get to meet Mika, but that wasn't even it. I cried for an hour on the way home, and my friend couldn't even talk. It was like she just couldn't make sense of her feelings. When I got home I felt a lot better, but before I went in the house, I saw a shooting star, and for some reason it made me start crying again. Ever since then it's been a roller coaster. School tomorrow is going to be torture.

Aaahhh i know exactly how you are feeling! LIFE is so weird after Mika. We get sucked into this alternate universe - and then spit out to fall to the earth - and feeling like we just got the breath knocked out of us. I still haven't caught mine yet! :boxed:

Aaahhh i know exactly how you are feeling! LIFE is so weird after Mika. We get sucked into this alternate universe - and then spit out to fall to the earth - and feeling like we just got the breath knocked out of us. I still haven't caught mine yet! :boxed:

Exactly! My friend was saying today that once Mika left the stage, it was like we had to wake up from a dream and get back to our normal lives when all we want to do is hit the snooze button and get back to the dream.

PMD sucks. I find it very intriguing that so many of us feel the same way about this. :teehee:

I was a wreck after my first three gigs. I think what it amounts to is that the high - especially at your first couple gigs - is just such a high compared to Real Life that it really screws with your brain. I mean that on a physiological level - I'm sure there's some kind of dopamine rush associated with these gigs that can't be replicated by many things in Real Life. And when you get home to the monotony of your everyday life, it so desaturated in comparison to the vividness of the shows that it's off-putting for a while.

The last time it really hit me was in the cab home from the airport after the Roxy gig. Now that I've seen Mika a few more times, I find it's not so much a post-Mika depression as it is about the whole experience. Going to gigs in far-flung corners of the world and making amazing friendships with people from totally different walks of life is such a great thing, and not knowing when I'll see people again is heartwrenching. :tears:

However, I do find the post-gig hole to be somewhat cleansing. It's probably just a pickled-brain delusion, but I often feel like I can think more clearly, like the whole experience somehow washes away the monotony of life and lets me see what's going right and what I should consider changing.

Tips for recovery? Indulge in it for a week or so. Time does make it easier. Remind yourself that Mika's career is only just getting started, and there will be other gigs in the future. Spend time with RL friends and family, and hang out on MFC. :naughty:

But don't try forcing yourself to go to a gig of another artist you're only semi-interested in. He/she/they will seem like crap in comparison, which will only worsen the PMD. :roftl:

Tips for recovery? Indulge in it for a week or so. Time does make it easier. Remind yourself that Mika's career is only just getting started, and there will be other gigs in the future. Spend time with RL friends and family, and hang out on MFC. :naughty:

But don't try forcing yourself to go to a gig of another artist you're only semi-interested in. He/she/they will seem like crap in comparison, which will only worsen the PMD. :roftl:

I like your suggestions. I have seen MIKA 9 times (I think) and it does not get better. Maybe once I start to attend more than two lol

Mine is getting worse because I regret not talking to the other MFCers. I'm so shy! I hate it!!! Plus I missed the chance to meet Mika, but I probably wouldn't be able to even talk to him if I did. :sad:

Aaahhh NEVER be oo shy to talk to MFCers - We are FAMILY! :roftl: Yo ALWAYS regret it in the end!!!!

Mine is getting worse because I regret not talking to the other MFCers. I'm so shy! I hate it!!! Plus I missed the chance to meet Mika, but I probably wouldn't be able to even talk to him if I did. :sad:

You should try to approach us!! We tend to be very friendly :biggrin2:

I saw so many gigs at the Mod Club and Kool Haus and spent the whole time imagining Mika on stage instead and thinking how it couldn't compare. I'm finally over it.

But oh lordy the Sound Academy will never ever be the same!! I'm sure I'll find myself going by there later this year just to watch the sunset.

You should try to approach us!! We tend to be very friendly :biggrin2:

I know that, but I have such a hard time approaching people. It's what I've always hated about myself, but I'm getting better as time goes by. Hopefully I'll get to see Mika again and talk to MFCers.

My friend kept saying, "Talk to them; they're your people!!"

:naughty:

I know that, but I have such a hard time approaching people. It's what I've always hated about myself, but I'm getting better as time goes by. Hopefully I'll get to see Mika again and talk to MFCers.

My friend kept saying, "Talk to them; they're your people!!":naughty:

I LOVE THAT!!!! It could NOT be more TRUE!!!!! :roftl:

yeah

btw, I was looking at the hug from LPR and is making me want MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crybaby:

Aaawww I am listening to TBWKTM and it is MAKING IT worse!!!! I don't want it to be where i can't EVEN listn to him!!!! :crybaby:

My mom thinks I'm crazy because when I got home I was crying and hugging my purse. She thought I just really loved it or something.:naughty:

that is actually funny. I got a balloon from the philly show and my hubby pop it last night......I was crying like a baby!!!!

Aaawww I am listening to TBWKTM and it is MAKING IT worse!!!! I don't want it to be where i can't EVEN listn to him!!!! :crybaby:

It does!

But I listen to him today all day and I was just dancing in my chair lol

that is actually funny. I got a balloon from the philly show and my hubby pop it last night......I was crying like a baby!!!!

It does!

But I listen to him today all day and I was just dancing in my chair lol

NO! W H Y did he pop it!!??? OMG!!! :crybaby:

One of my friends was a big Journey fan, and she went to the concert last month. The day after, I asked her if she was depressed that it was over, and she just did this face at me: :blink:. I had to explain that I meant, after seeing someone that you liked a lot, did it feel really bad after you had seen them. She just that I was CUHRAZY.

I've never been to a Mika gig, but frankly, the PMD terrifies me. You would think that we would not be this pathetic, but from what I've read, it is very real and very hard. And no one else gets it!

We'll see, there seem to be varying degrees. I'll hope to be on the lesser side. :aah: