No ***ing accident: MIKA SINGS HIS HEART OUT EVERY SHOW

Blue Sky

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dcdeb pic was funny but that comment got me. I forgot we had an ignore feature but I wouldn't have ever thought about blocking mods/admins. :naughty: I wonder if anyone has seriously tried. It'd be funny if a box popped up saying something like, "No, no, no you can't block us! Muwhaha." :teehee:

oh i bet some have tried... unsuccessfully :naughty:

deb's picture is great lol

Google report.

Well I think this thread has made a good effort for Mika, this thread is ranked #1 on the google listings for search terms Mika mimed, #1 Mika miming, #2 for Mika accusations, and also #2 for Mika mimmed:roftl:

Highest ranked MFC thread for Mika mime at #4 was wonka's post here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2609662#post2609662

:roftl:

Oh, be quiet, I know, I have no life.

Oops gotta run:wink2:

The dcdeb pic was funny but that comment got me. I forgot we had an ignore feature but I wouldn't have ever thought about blocking mods/admins. :naughty: I wonder if anyone has seriously tried. It'd be funny if a box popped up saying something like, "No, no, no you can't block us! Muwhaha." :teehee:

I think I can arrange that. :thumb_yello::naughty:

oh i bet some have tried... unsuccessfully :naughty:

deb's picture is great lol

That Wonka Woman is dangerous. :roftl:

I mean, it's stuff like this that makes me want to do two things.

1. Go give Mika a hug. He doesn't deserve this! :sad:

2. OPEN A CAN OF WHOOP*** ON THESE PEOPLE!:bash:

:badmood:

indeed I agree

people like him (the idiot who wrote these things) obviously need their heads read! Mika is fantastic live! and we all know he does sing live too! I mean look at the time he hiccupped on stage & when I saw him in sadlers wells he screwed up then too he wouldn't do that if it wasn't real!!!

Edited by DarkLight
typos dammit typical of me lol

The other night during the Hollywood gig, Mika was falsely accused of miming. How many of you have stood there in the front row, while he sings his ****ing heart out??? (Got the sweat and spit on you, seen/heard the vocal acrobatics and the depleted voice after the show...etc etc):naughty:

Well there is actually much more behind this story than just one deleted tweet. During the gig, I was following twitter (as is my custom) to get what people were saying about the performance, and one guy in particular popped up making ridiculous accusations.

Here are his tweets, but I omitted his name because we don't need google to link to him through MFC. (let's call him XXXX)

He tweeted

1. I think almost this whole Mika show is on hard drive.

2. This is complete bull****. Like listening to a record. I might as well be up there playing Mika, it wouldn't sound any different.

Well this got RTed by a lot of people after that during the show. I was ignoring those tweets while posting the good ones onto the chatter thread. Then came this one:

3. I really can't believe this. Makes Madonna and Britney look talented.

:sneaky2: I resisted my urge to respond to him, some guy I had never heard of.

But THEN Perez answered this guy DURING the show:

perezhilton: XXXX You sure know a lot about bull**** - you're full of it! Mika is amazing!!!! A true talent! Look at this audience - they are LOVING!

So I went off right then to find out who the guy was, that Perez would even pay attention to such nonsense mid-show.

Turns out he is a music critic of some notoriety and apparently some industry clout. He baits people all the time, and has had twitter fights with all kinds of celebs (Lily Allen, Gene Simmons etc) and obviously behaves as if he is some sort of hot shot. He calls his blog "First in Music Analysis". :mf_rosetinted:

So the twitter world was abuzz with RTs from both XXXX and Perez's reply to him, so I think word eventually reached the desk of Paullhitsheet (I want to write sh!tsheet). I think whoever posted the tweet about the "miming accident", in response to the picture of Mika's foot brace, thought he was being funny, riding on the wave of tweets that had been going round.

But then Mika responded and I guess Paul was in a pickle... with his account hacked. Well he and Mika have solved that publicly as we saw.

But the other guy who started all this, who believes in his own influence, has written a scathing review of Mika's show in his blog.

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2009/10/24/mika-at-the-palladium/

Greg Wells responded.

"You espouse an authoritative stance on music, yet your review of Mika at The Palladium last night cements that you’re an untalented hack who couldn’t begin to make a living from music, taking sloppy sniper shots from the sidelines. You’re the [name of someone] of online music blogging - meaning irrelevant, inaccurate, and someone who could use a good slap."

According to another twitter, Greg was not alone in his response

* No less than Mika's producer + manager + booking agent each replied to XXXX to tell him he was wrong.

And more links complain about the barrage of comments from MFCers (go girls):naughty: but sadly, comments are closed on the review, and you can no longer see what was written. Thanks to apoplectic skeptic for saving a snippet.

http://danielholter.tumblr.com/post/222440375/this-is-the-incriminating-tweet-stream-from

I just wanted to post to give a bit more background to the ridiculous accusations...and to Mika's need to respond

@mikasounds I have never lip synched or mimmed ever in my life. Nor do I ever intend to ever. Anybody who knows what I do would know that. That's that.6:33 AM Oct 25th from Tweetie

Indeed Mika, we know you, and we know the truth. It is a simple fact that your live show is so good, so slick, so entertaining, that people cannot believe that one human being can be so fantastic LIVE. :aah:

(But we also know you cannot spell to save yourself.)

PS If mods think this thread should go, by all means take action, but I just wanted to get some of the chronology straight.

Thank you for posting, I'm glad to know more and Greg who I now have even more respect for.

Poor Mika :no:

EDIT: Who are M's producer, manager and booking agent's twitters'?

The other night during the Hollywood gig, Mika was falsely accused of miming. How many of you have stood there in the front row, while he sings his ****ing heart out??? (Got the sweat and spit on you, seen/heard the vocal acrobatics and the depleted voice after the show...etc etc):naughty:

Well there is actually much more behind this story than just one deleted tweet. During the gig, I was following twitter (as is my custom) to get what people were saying about the performance, and one guy in particular popped up making ridiculous accusations.

Here are his tweets, but I omitted his name because we don't need google to link to him through MFC. (let's call him XXXX)

He tweeted

1. I think almost this whole Mika show is on hard drive.

2. This is complete bull****. Like listening to a record. I might as well be up there playing Mika, it wouldn't sound any different.

Well this got RTed by a lot of people after that during the show. I was ignoring those tweets while posting the good ones onto the chatter thread. Then came this one:

3. I really can't believe this. Makes Madonna and Britney look talented.

:sneaky2: I resisted my urge to respond to him, some guy I had never heard of.

But THEN Perez answered this guy DURING the show:

perezhilton: XXXX You sure know a lot about bull**** - you're full of it! Mika is amazing!!!! A true talent! Look at this audience - they are LOVING!

So I went off right then to find out who the guy was, that Perez would even pay attention to such nonsense mid-show.

Turns out he is a music critic of some notoriety and apparently some industry clout. He baits people all the time, and has had twitter fights with all kinds of celebs (Lily Allen, Gene Simmons etc) and obviously behaves as if he is some sort of hot shot. He calls his blog "First in Music Analysis". :mf_rosetinted:

So the twitter world was abuzz with RTs from both XXXX and Perez's reply to him, so I think word eventually reached the desk of Paullhitsheet (I want to write sh!tsheet). I think whoever posted the tweet about the "miming accident", in response to the picture of Mika's foot brace, thought he was being funny, riding on the wave of tweets that had been going round.

But then Mika responded and I guess Paul was in a pickle... with his account hacked. Well he and Mika have solved that publicly as we saw.

But the other guy who started all this, who believes in his own influence, has written a scathing review of Mika's show in his blog.

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2009/10/24/mika-at-the-palladium/

Greg Wells responded.

"You espouse an authoritative stance on music, yet your review of Mika at The Palladium last night cements that you’re an untalented hack who couldn’t begin to make a living from music, taking sloppy sniper shots from the sidelines. You’re the [name of someone] of online music blogging - meaning irrelevant, inaccurate, and someone who could use a good slap."

According to another twitter, Greg was not alone in his response

* No less than Mika's producer + manager + booking agent each replied to XXXX to tell him he was wrong.

And more links complain about the barrage of comments from MFCers (go girls):naughty: but sadly, comments are closed on the review, and you can no longer see what was written. Thanks to apoplectic skeptic for saving a snippet.

http://danielholter.tumblr.com/post/222440375/this-is-the-incriminating-tweet-stream-from

I just wanted to post to give a bit more background to the ridiculous accusations...and to Mika's need to respond

@mikasounds I have never lip synched or mimmed ever in my life. Nor do I ever intend to ever. Anybody who knows what I do would know that. That's that.6:33 AM Oct 25th from Tweetie

Indeed Mika, we know you, and we know the truth. It is a simple fact that your live show is so good, so slick, so entertaining, that people cannot believe that one human being can be so fantastic LIVE. :aah:

(But we also know you cannot spell to save yourself.)

PS If mods think this thread should go, by all means take action, but I just wanted to get some of the chronology straight.

I just wanted to quote your post again Blue Sky, because I'm so glad that you made this thread! I think that it's important to have the facts out there (as much as we know them, obviously), and that we try and counter-act these outrageous claims as much as possible. It's just a matter of fairness and doing the right thing, really. It has nothing to do with being his fans or not.

Anyone who knows Mika even a little bit, or has been to even one song at his concerts, can see that he gives it his EVERYTHING, and leaves his skin on stage every night. He sings his heart out, and so does his band.

He is totally the opposite to these mimers who only do dance routines and showiness. He's a REAL artist! So anyone trying to deny that will have to prove it, and I'm afraid that they just can't. So yes, long live our Golden Astro One Boot Boy :biggrin2:

He is totally the opposite to these mimers who only do dance routines and showiness. He's a REAL artist! So anyone trying to deny that will have to prove it, and I'm afraid that they just can't. So yes, long live our Golden Astro One Boot Boy :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello:

I wanted to note that the danger of something like the unfounded

claims "Mr. X" made is that others who, for whatever reason, don't

particularly like Mika, will pick up on it and preach it as Bible,

even though they've never seen Mika live and have no clue what he's like.

For example, I saw a tweet last night from some guy -- in Scandinavia,

I think? -- who sent around a link to a Mika video from the LA show,

calling it his "Milli Vanilli" performance. For those of you who don't remember

the Milli Vanilli scandal (you younglings!), they were a very popular singing

duo who won a Grammy, but it was then discovered that they really

didn't sing, they just lipsynched, and they were basically run out

of the music business :sneaky2:

As I said the other day, this doesn't mean we should form a lynch mob

and go after the guy spreading the false info -- there will always be haters

and people who want to bring Mika down. As Mika said in a recent interview,

of course there are people who don't like him, but "I have my fans."

IOW, he knows that we know and support him. :wub2:

Not only did Milli Vanilli not sing in their stage performances, but it wasn't their voices on any of their recordings, so they were miming to someone else's voice.

that's true. all they did was dance and look pretty. they had the most beautiful eyes. :wub2:

didn't one of them commit suicide over this?

calling it his "Milli Vanilli" performance. For those of you who don't remember

the Milli Vanilli scandal (you younglings!), they were a very popular singing

It can be scary when mischief gets into the twitterverse like this - it happens where I work (I'm watching a twitterstorm re work as I type :aah:) But often the tweeting is limited to a small group of cronies. If anyone searches Mikasounds on twitter, the overwhelming impression is that Mika is a great Live performer :biggrin2: I honestly don't believe that serious music or general journalists would take the word of a few twitterers and not investigate further.

Which is why I have been keeping my eye on google and twitter, and every now and then someone comes late to the "party" and starts retweeting something about XXXX and mika.

So far so good. But I still worry. When I saw louisa's links I thought that was for Mika not for MV. I know that google bots will crawl this site and link Mika and MV soon too.:aah:

calling it his "Mi.lli Van. illi" performance. For those of you who don't remember

the Mil.li Vani.l.li scandal (you younglings!), they were a very popular singing

Yes, that is exactly why these unfounded claims bother me, because they can take a life of their own, and it's just so wrong. And at the end of the day, it's his credibility on the line, and he doesn't need this sort of negative (and false!!!) publicity.

Anyway, I also loved his quote about having his fans. That was really sweet:wub2:. It does feel like, after all this time, we're like family in a way, some sort of fixed furnishing :aah:.

Not only did Mi.lli Van.illi not sing in their stage performances, but it wasn't their voices on any of their recordings, so they were miming to someone else's voice.

True, very true, it was baaaaaaaaad :biggrin2:

that's true. all they did was dance and look pretty. they had the most beautiful eyes. :wub2:

didn't one of them commit suicide over this?

:mf_lustslow: They did look pretty though, I thought that the slightly ligher skinned one (Rob? I can't remember the names) was particularly gorgeous. And yes, one of them killed himself a few months or years ago. It was really sad :blink:.

I remember when I was just 17 and going out to clubs, and they would play their 'Girl.You.Know.It's.True' song all the time. I LOVED dancing to that one! I still remember the 'boom boom' from the song sounding really loud in the clubs- Loved it. Aaaaaa, good oldling times (this was in 1988!!!) :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqmBPV8zStc

Edited by sariflor
edited the previous (quoted) posts to change the names...

:mf_lustslow: They did look pretty though, I thought that the slightly ligher skinned one (Rob? I can't remember the names) was particularly gorgeous.

Same for me ! Those eyes :wub2:

It was really sad :blink:.

I remember when I was just 17 and going out to clubs, and they would play their 'Girl You Know It's True' song all the time. I LOVED dancing to that one! I still remember the 'boom boom' from the song sounding really loud in the clubs- Loved it. Aaaaaa, good oldling times (this was in 1988!!!) :naughty:

+1 again, I was a teenage and I've loved them, I remember how disappointed I was when I eard they were miming :shocked:

And sorry to quote you again Sariflor but I have the same opinion !

And, as English is not my monther tongue, I must say you are one of the persons I understand the best here ! Nor that I don't understand the other people but if I had better english knowledge, I would have written quite the same things :thumb_yello:

Yes, that is exactly why these unfounded claims bother me, because they can take a life of their own, and it's just so wrong. And at the end of the day, it's his credibility on the line, and he doesn't need this sort of negative (and false!!!) publicity.

Anyway, I also loved his quote about having his fans. That was really sweet:wub2:. It does feel like, after all this time, we're like family in a way, some sort of fixed furnishing :aah:.

True, very true, it was baaaaaaaaad :biggrin2:

:mf_lustslow: They did look pretty though, I thought that the slightly ligher skinned one (Rob? I can't remember the names) was particularly gorgeous. And yes, one of them killed himself a few months or years ago. It was really sad :blink:.

I remember when I was just 17 and going out to clubs, and they would play their 'Girl You Know It's True' song all the time. I LOVED dancing to that one! I still remember the 'boom boom' from the song sounding really loud in the clubs- Loved it. Aaaaaa, good oldling times (this was in 1988!!!) :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqmBPV8zStc

:lmfao: mika was 5! and i was already a mother of 1 :naughty: centuries ago!!! :boxed:

NOT Willywonka!:sneaky2:

Wonka lurves, lurves mods!:mf_rosetinted:

:huglove:

Suck-up:mf_rosetinted:

So as I expected my post to be completely overseen by the intense emotions, I have read the thread myself. It's obvious that Still_a_fan is either Mr. X himself or his mother, as 'it' is trying to anger us with such flippant comments and my advise as an awesome person in general would be to either throw rocks at this person or ignore.

and

as I just predicted

the bots have got us already

and the first google post linling Mika and M.i.lli Van. illi is this thread:aah: with deb's post.

Deb go back and put some odd spaces in!! Quick!

and

as I just predicted

the bots have got us already

and the first google post linling Mika and M.i.lli Van. illi is this thread:aah: with deb's post.

Deb go back and put some odd spaces in!! Quick!

If the first link is to MFC saying how M i V etc were awful and Mika doesn't mime, amd it's unfair that anyone should suggest a he does, then I wouldn't worry too much :thumb_yello:

Particularly given the prominence and clarity of the title of the thread, and the fact that we are well before mr 4X and his band.

If you do a google search with the three words in full, Mika M... V... you can see it quotes deb's post, which is saying she saw a tweet calling the LA perf Mika's M V perf. It looks a bit damning....:blink: although that was not how she meant it to be.

If you do a google search with the three words in full, Mika M... V... you can see it quotes deb's post, which is saying she saw a tweet calling the LA perf Mika's M V perf. It looks a bit damning....:blink: although that was not how she meant it to be.

I did that. What i saw first was the thread title - then what was written beneath - click for more info and you can read this thread which is very clearly saying the tweet is rubbish :thumb_yello:

If we weren't at the top, 4X would be the first relevant result and may be taken as gospel. :shocked:

We get our retaliation in first :original: