Happy halloween!!!

robertina

4!? :shocked:

My mom predicted hardly any kids would come because of paranoid parents, :huh:

My mom went to buffalo and brought back "popcorn balls" they're ridiculous!! SO I gave a few of those out to the people with "special" costumes.

Ew it's raining? That's awful! It's not a very good halloween this year, that's for sure!

I have had my hand in the snicker bowl allll night :roftl:

ok, that's it for me! i had my share of candies for another year :aah:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we had a great party for kids!

70 of them turned out!

then a magician show and finally some 'mild' begging...just the elder ones went around with parents with them, and they screamed along the streets as mad!

my village is quite small and full of old people who cannot care less about halloween :teehee:

but the kids got some candies anyway:wink2:

time to shut my fancy dress suitcase till next year....:original:

I hate this "tradition".

Kids can have fun with Halloween without begging.

What I don't like about it is that subtle misleading pseudo legitimation of wilful damage of property and coercion. As playful as it may seem, I think it's just a very wrong idea being planted into children's minds.

This doesn't happen everywhere, but in my neighbourhood, its mostly young families with little kids. And many of these little kids are adorable and go to only 20 houses at most because it's so cold and having 20 treats seems like a whole lot of candy already. So it's pretty tame and everyone loves seeing little kids in costume. So there's no violence really, there's no property damage. Every house gives candy so it's really not begging but merely an exchange of my candy for your candy.

But like I said - this doesn't happen everywhere. I have lived in neighbourhoods where kids have egged houses and have snatched the halloween bags out of little kids' hands. :boxed: It's unfortunate.

What I don't like about it is that subtle misleading pseudo legitimation of wilful damage of property and coercion. As playful as it may seem, I think it's just a very wrong idea being planted into children's minds.

Well that's also it. But you put it so much more eloquently.

Yesterday, someone threw an orange so hard at my window I thought it was coming through.

When I went out to clean it , in the dark, I slipped and hurt my back.

I didn't hear anyone knock before that.

Later some one did knock, and you know, I was a bit scared. I ignored it.

Another year I had been out at work since about 6 in the morning and returned about 7.30 pm to find eggs had been thrown at my windows.

I had had a tough day at work. I just sat down and cried.

That's not fun.

This doesn't happen everywhere, but in my neighbourhood, its mostly young families with little kids. And many of these little kids are adorable and go to only 20 houses at most because it's so cold and having 20 treats seems like a whole lot of candy already. So it's pretty tame and everyone loves seeing little kids in costume. So there's no violence really, there's no property damage. Every house gives candy so it's really not begging but merely an exchange of my candy for your candy.

But like I said - this doesn't happen everywhere. I have lived in neighbourhoods where kids have egged houses and have snatched the halloween bags out of little kids' hands. :boxed: It's unfortunate.

this is what happens here really, maybe because it's a small village and halloween is such a young fashion here.

bab, you story is shocking, i'm sorry :boxed:

this is what happens here really, maybe because it's a small village and halloween is such a young fashion here.

bab, you story is shocking, i'm sorry :boxed:

Yeah and you know, I don't live in a bad area. It's quite quiet and pretty ok most of the time.

Yesterday, someone threw an orange so hard at my window I thought it was coming through.

Another year I had been out at work since about 6 in the morning and returned about 7.30 pm to find eggs had been thrown at my windows.

That's not fun.

Oh Babs that's awful! :sad::eek:

I'm so sorry :huglove:

Teenagers that do that are SO stupid, they don't realize how they give all teenagers a bad rap, and that what they do is going to affect the view people have on them.

Move to my neighbourhood and we can tell all the little unicorns how cute they look, together! :biggrin2:

Oh Babs that's awful! :sad::eek:

I'm so sorry :huglove:

Teenagers that do that are SO stupid, they don't realize how they give all teenagers a bad rap, and that what they do is going to affect the view people have on them.

Move to my neighbourhood and we can tell all the little unicorns how cute they look, together! :biggrin2:

God people these days :sneaky2: I aggree. People like that are giving us, me being a teenager :teehee: bad reputations. I mean, the shop in our village wont sell kids eggs or flour near halloween.

That's not fun.

Just read this now...F*CK. . :sneaky2:

Heck, just get married--

Awesomecake.jpg

N.J. couples say 'I Boo!' at Halloween weddings

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/nj_couples_say_i_boo_at_hallow.html

GothicCharmSchoolJacket.jpg39652808_9837414964ac4b3eb43de4.jpg

"We usually have a Halloween party every year.

This year we’re throwing a wedding."

0006zer3.jpg

For the Goth worried about etiquette--

http://www.gothic-charm-school.com/