Erik Hassle To Support Mika on UK Tour

dcdeb

I'd prefer Daisy Dares You and her virtuous pianist ...:biggrin2:

Alex Gardner has a great voice but his songs sound the same. Plus he would need an adult to look after him as he looked completely lost before and after the gig .... :naughty:

I thought it was Daisy's tunes that were samey and Alex' more varied! (mind, I assumed she wrote hers and that he didn't) I can remember a couple of Alex' songs, but none of hers. I can imagine lots of overexcited 12 year olds wanting to look after Alex before and after gigs too- I think he might do well

But then I'm remembering Erik Hassle as rocky, and seem to be outvoted on that as well!

Virtuous pianist?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well, so it's like most of his support acts. :naughty: except yelle, who was annoying, and palladium, who were my fave mika support act ever. :bleh:

I love Yelle, very dancey music, but I love electropop anyway, so I'm biased:naughty:

I thought it was Daisy's tunes that were samey and Alex' more varied! (mind, I assumed she wrote hers and that he didn't) I can remember a couple of Alex' songs, but none of hers. I can imagine lots of overexcited 12 year olds wanting to look after Alex before and after gigs too- I think he might do well

But then I'm remembering Erik Hassle as rocky, and seem to be outvoted on that as well!

Virtuous pianist?

I loved Daisys last song Rush, it was quite beautiful, and anyone who has a song called Rosie, can't be all bad:naughty:

oh well, so it's like most of his support acts. :naughty: except yelle, who was annoying, and palladium, who were my fave mika support act ever. :bleh:

couldn't agree more, Yelle :sneaky2: yuk Palladium :mf_lustslow::thumb_yello: woop woop, no one else has has really stcuk in my head lol.

OH and I liked BOTH Daisy Dares you (she is only JUST 16 give the girl a chance) I think she came across as a bit nervous cos she hid behind her hair on purpose, and I thought her voice was quite sweet, and she was a pretty little thing.

And I liked Alex too, I liked his voice and hes personality came over as a nice guy after the gig too ( he went upstairs to watch Mika and sang his praises, they guys got taste lol).

I wish he would have a local lassie...

Catarena Rea (aww her vid is shot inlocal places here (Soaring Simpson will recognise the place lol).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u7Hpux0kwY

OH why not this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpkzLc5v9J0

Edited by sparkly1

I thought it was Daisy's tunes that were samey and Alex' more varied! (mind, I assumed she wrote hers and that he didn't) I can remember a couple of Alex' songs, but none of hers.

I don't remember any of the songs for either artist, except the story that Daisy wrote a song about her friend Rosie who was not there that night...:blink:.. whatever... still, I think they were more versatile - using different instruments and sounds. And I absolutely liked the pianist. I just loved the way he played the piano.

As for Alex Gardner, yes, I think he is sweet and it seems he has a high chance of becoming UK's next heartthrob. :cool: I also think that he is a talented performer. Besides his voice, there definitely is something about him. He was looking for eye-contact with the audience and performed at ease.

And I liked Alex too, I liked his voice and hes personality came over as a nice guy after the gig too ( he went upstairs to watch Mika and sang his praises, they guys got taste lol).

I still don't understand why he was waiting there before the gig with the fans...especially that it was only Mika fans there...Did he think his own fans were queueing since the morning? :blink:...

(I think he is still a baby who needs to be looked after.:naughty: )

My thoughts exactly... :thumb_yello:

I did like most of the songs - most of them were those typically catchy Swedish pop songs :teehee: - but he played way too loud and caused me a severe headache that suddently stopped when he finished and Mika came on stage...:blush-anim-cl:

:biggrin2:

Hehe, I wasn't going to post in this thread at all because I don't know anything about Erik Hassle at all, other than I've heard his name:teehee: But how could I let a comment like this pass?:biggrin2:

Funniest thing ever...I didn't even know there was something like a typical Swedish pop song:wink2:but know I'm curios, what are other countries impression about Swedish music really?:teehee:

And please don't say just ABBA, there are so much more!:roftl:

I still don't understand why he was waiting there before the gig with the fans...especially that it was only Mika fans there...Did he think his own fans were queueing since the morning? :blink:...

(I think he is still a baby who needs to be looked after.:naughty: )

was he really? I didn't know that, he came out after the gig round the back to smoke a ciggy and probs chat to the fans, maybe he was hoping for some posative feedback from them, I think he got some he was well recieved.

Hehe, I wasn't going to post in this thread at all because I don't know anything about Erik Hassle at all, other than I've heard his name:teehee: But how could I let a comment like this pass?:biggrin2:

Funniest thing ever...I didn't even know there was something like a typical Swedish pop song:wink2:but know I'm curios, what are other countries impression about Swedish music really?:teehee:

Hey!

I think I would like to comment on that. :biggrin2:

Well, I guess that it's not only ABBA - the reputation of Sweden being the country of great pop music started there of course - but especially in the 90s there were so many Swedish pop/rock bands which has kind of backed up this reputation.

Bands that would come to my mind immediatelly would be: Ace of Base, Army of lovers, BWO, Alcazar, Robyn, Roxette, the Cardigans, September, Mado Diao, Kent, Eskobar, the Ark, Ceasars, the Hives, Johnossi :wub2:, ...

Ok, some of these donb't really enter in the Swedish pop song category, but some of them do. :aah::wink2:

Ok, Here are my examples:

Roxette

Neneh Cherry

Eagle Eye Cherry

The Cardigans

Stakka Bo

Ace of Base

Europe

Dr Alban

Leila K

Army of Lovers

Rednex

Alcazar

In the first group are the artists I prefer but they all have songs with very catchy tunes:wink2:

Well, I guess that it's not only ABBA - the reputation of Sweden being the country of great pop music started there of course - but especially in the 90s there were so many Swedish pop/rock bands which has kind of backed up this reputation.

Yes, I agree with that!..

PS: from which interview is the quote in your siggie from?

Edited by suzie

was he really? I didn't know that, he came out after the gig round the back to smoke a ciggy and probs chat to the fans, maybe he was hoping for some posative feedback from them, I think he got some he was well recieved.

Yes, I saw he was popular with some of the French fans:teehee:

I'd prefer Daisy Dares You and her virtuous pianist ...:biggrin2:

Alex Gardner has a great voice but his songs sound the same. Plus he would need an adult to look after him as he looked completely lost before and after the gig .... :naughty:

Oh, he really was lost, wasn't he?! :biggrin2: He looked very young... I thought he was a Mika fan when I saw him before the gig :teehee: He chatted with French fans, he seemed to be very polite and nice. But he was smoking, it can't be very good for his voice :sneaky2:

Hey!

I think I would like to comment on that. :biggrin2:

Bands that would come to my mind immediatelly would be: Ace of Base, Army of lovers, BWO, Alcazar, Robyn, Roxette, the Cardigans, September, Mado Diao, Kent, Eskobar, the Ark, Ceasars, the Hives, Johnossi :wub2:, ...

Ok, some of these donb't really enter in the Swedish pop song category, but some of them do. :aah::wink2:

Ok, Here are my examples:

Roxette

Neneh Cherry

Eagle Eye Cherry

The Cardigans

Stakka Bo

Ace of Base

Europe

Dr Alban

Leila K

Army of Lovers

Rednex

Alcazar

In the first group are the artists I prefer but they all have songs with very catchy tunes:wink2:

Yes, I agree with that!..

PS: from which interview is the quote in your siggie from?

Oh I'm really impressed that you know of so many Swedish artists!:wub2:

This is a favourite of mine, Lars Winnerbäck:

He is good too, Peter Jöback:

:wink2:

E-Type, Roxette, Ace of Base, Drömhus, A-teens, Alcazar, Robyn, the Cardigans, Kent, Play, Dr. Alban, Eskobar, In Flames, The Ark, Rednex, Europe Eagle-Eye Cherry.

Thats all i can think of right now :blush-anim-cl: (not good... not good)

But does Aqua count in? A big part of it is from Sweden... :wink2:

Edited by Dark Angel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I quite liked him at Sheffield, and I quite fancied getting his album and seeing him on his tour xD Lolz.

He seems to be giving lots of tickets out for the 1st March though, as he's put up a Facebook note giving 3 pairs away. I hope they're not struggling to sell the Hammersmith Apollo out for the second night. "/