Mika on his demoNs and overcoming a crisis of confidence

dcdeb

mostly tweets hinting that something fab had gone on that's all. It doesnt take a genius to recoginse private jokes or hints.

:aah: Ok. How weird :naughty:, I didn't realise myself that it was going on, as we do a lot of joking on twitter anyway. Oh well :blink::roftl:

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't laugh at me, but I'm really curious about the planets (notice that I didn't say balls:naughty:). What were they made of, and how did you paint them?

They were really cool.

I said don't laugh at me:sneaky2:

it's been covered earlier in the thread just go look for all the juicey details your heart could desire :roftl:

Don't laugh at me, but I'm really curious about the planets (notice that I didn't say balls:naughty:). What were they made of, and how did you paint them?

They were really cool.

Why would we laugh at you? :huglove:

They were made of polystrene, and out of two "circles" that were later glued together to make each planet. Unfortunately, nobody thought about the fact that the circles would be painted by different people, and that we should keep both parts of one planet (painted by the same person) together, because, as it turned out, we all had very different techniques and in some planets you can see a huge difference between one half and the other :naughty:.

The technique that we had to follow was first to smash the brush up so that the bristles weren't too "perfect", and then dipping the brush very lightly in white UV paint , and just sort of gently "tap" the planet, leaving many bits unpainted. Basically, you nad to sort of recreate the craters by putting very little paint and leaving some spaces unpainted. Then we checked the progress under a black light lamp, to see how it was looking.

Later on, the planets were glued together and had a bit of string fixed to them, so that thy could be hung from the stage. They also needed a bit of sticky tape to hold both halves together which was later removed, but when we were waiting for the Toronto gig to start I remember spotting one that still had the tape on it and thinking "dammit! That one slipped the net :aah:"

Guest whalesfood
Glad im not the only one who sees it like that!

hahaha definitely not! my boyfriend picked up on it first when the song first came out lol. we were at a club and it was on and we were dancing and he just stops "i'm 98% sure he was horny when he wrote this song" "what?" "just an inkling.." then the next day he was listening to his album, dancing in the kitchen and he just stops singing and dancing, grabs my hand, takes me to the bedroom (this is not going anywhere bad), sits on the bed, throws me his ipod and tells me to put one bud in my ear and listen to the beginning and tell him when i'm done. so i do, "jonah. does that sound like anything at all? the piano?" "kind off. why?!" and with that he starts moving his hips and the headboard did the dong dong dong against the wall. haha. ever since then! that's all i hear. haha. jaki would be 100% thrilled to know he was right hahaha.

hahaha definitely not! my boyfriend picked up on it first when the song first came out lol. we were at a club and it was on and we were dancing and he just stops "i'm 98% sure he was horny when he wrote this song" "what?" "just an inkling.." then the next day he was listening to his album, dancing in the kitchen and he just stops singing and dancing, grabs my hand, takes me to the bedroom (this is not going anywhere bad), sits on the bed, throws me his ipod and tells me to put one bud in my ear and listen to the beginning and tell him when i'm done. so i do, "jonah. does that sound like anything at all? the piano?" "kind off. why?!" and with that he starts moving his hips and the headboard did the dong dong dong against the wall. haha. ever since then! that's all i hear. haha. jaki would be 100% thrilled to know he was right hahaha.

sorry what song are we talking about? :roftl:

They were really cool.

I really wanted to know that too but when I asked how many they painted they just said all of them and that's not a number!:sneaky2:

:naughty:

They were made of polystrene, and out of two "circles" that were later glued together to make each planet. Unfortunately, nobody thought about the fact that the circles would be painted by different people, and that we should keep both parts of one planet (painted by the same person) together, because, as it turned out, we all had very different techniques and in some planets you can see a huge difference between one half and the other :naughty:.

The technique that we had to follow was first to smash the brush up so that the bristles weren't too "perfect", and then dipping the brush very lightly in white UV paint , and just sort of gently "tap" the planet, leaving many bits unpainted. Basically, you nad to sort of recreate the craters by putting very little paint and leaving some spaces unpainted. Then we checked the progress under a black light lamp, to see how it was looking.

Later on, the planets were glued together and had a bit of string fixed to them, so that thy could be hung from the stage. They also needed a bit of sticky tape to hold both halves together which was later removed, but when we were waiting for the Toronto gig to start I remember spotting one that still had the tape on it and thinking "dammit! That one slipped the net :aah:"

Yay!:thumb_yello:

Finally!

I loved to read that!:wub2:

I'm a real stickler for details!:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for the details Sariflor!!!! The end result of your handiwork and Mika's vision was truly magical. I was blown away at the Boston concert when the curtains first opened after the couch/tv intro to reveal the set with those planets hanging down...

While I absolutely LOVED the Parc des Princes concert (dvd) I LOVED the 'Making Of' the concert piece even MORE if that's at all possible. I have massive love and respect for Mika (and his family's) creativity, and loved watching Mika painstakingly create and refine every aspect of the concert. I also LOVE (as I also saw in that piece) that he COOKS too!!!!!!

A joy to see that Mika also respects his fans enough to go the extra distance and create concerts that are also VISUALLY delicious as well... I'm happy for all you who were there painting with Mika et al in Toronto - what a gift (on so many levels!) that you got to be a part of that!!!!!!

MikaPizzaTShirtforMFC.jpg[/img]

uhhh... uhhh... u8hhh... sounds great!!!!!!!

tried Touches You yet?

Touching me touching you? Bet he was in a :das: kinda mood.....

I wanna be your brother, wanna be your father too

Never make you run for cover even if they want us to

I wanna be your sister, wanna be your mother too

I wanna be wanna be

Whatever else that touches you

and just look at his moves when signing it...

flirtatious & naughty... and we like it...

Guest whalesfood

tried Touches You yet?

I wanna be wanna be

hahaha. since i'm already in the corner anyways! haha. yes! that's one of my favorites! it's REALLY nice when he performs it haha. like sparkly and i were saying in either this one or another. i think this one haha. it really really gets me when he does that really slow, intense introduction live for love today. *fans self* touches you quickly follows. i've had a lot of fun to mika if you know what i mean.

hahaha. since i'm already in the corner anyways! haha. yes! that's one of my favorites! it's REALLY nice when he performs it haha. like sparkly and i were saying in either this one or another. i think this one haha. it really really gets me when he does that really slow, intense introduction live for love today. *fans self* touches you quickly follows. i've had a lot of fun to mika if you know what i mean.

Touches You always makes me more :das: somehow. have been told im a pretty naughtry/dirty girl besides that but that one just gives it a lil xtra :naughty: I love it when he love those naughty/dirty moves like in my sig. and have noted he does that a lot in TY... looking forward to see it live...

i think i know what you mean.... :wink2:

I really wanted to know that too but when I asked how many they painted they just said all of them and that's not a number!:sneaky2:

in the article it said 120... :naughty:

tried Touches You yet?

I wanna be wanna be

ooops, so what does that say about me, that love today and touches you both are among my top 5 mika songs - with touches you being no.1? :aah::teehee::naughty:

Guest whalesfood
Touches You always makes me more :das: somehow. have been told im a pretty naughtry/dirty girl besides that but that one just gives it a lil xtra :naughty: I love it when he love those naughty/dirty moves like in my sig. and have noted he does that a lot in TY... looking forward to see it live...

i think i know what you mean.... :wink2:

hahaha. i think i have more memories for love today that just add to it haha. i love those moves. i have definitely taken note of your signature before! he's really good with his hips. :naughty:

ooops, so what does that say about me, that love today and touches you both are among my top 5 mika songs - with touches you being no.1? :aah::teehee::naughty:

if you ask me... a "good girl" Touches You is my fave. too. Love Today is my 2nd. What i mean with "good girl" is in a naughty kinda way... if you get what i mean?

Guest whalesfood
if you ask me... a "good girl" Touches You is my fave. too. Love Today is my 2nd. What i mean with "good girl" is in a naughty kinda way... if you get what i mean?

hahaha. i think i have more memories for love today that just add to it haha. i love those moves. i have definitely taken note of your signature before! he's really good with his hips. :naughty:

he knows how to move his body and especially in a way like that... and even better when he have his flirtatious/naughty look in his eyes! so you agree on the more naught & flirtatious he is and looks... the better?

More memories from LT? Sounds good to me! Wish i could say that i have that! :aah:

it probably just says that mika successfully managed to seduce us. :teehee: with him knowing all the time what he was singing about in love today, and being like :das: while performing this song, taking off his shirt and stuff like that - he just managed to get across the feeling of the song, without us realizing, poor victims that we are! :puppy_eyes:

Guest whalesfood
he knows how to move his body and especially in a way like that... and even better when he have his flirtatious/naughty look in his eyes! so you agree on the more naught & flirtatious he is and looks... the better?

More memories from LT? Sounds good to me! Wish i could say that i have that! :aah:

haha i fully fully agree! he's worse than elvis with the pelvis. hahaha. he's a very sexy guy.

some of the best "sleepy" i have ever had was to love today and relax. most of the life in cartoon motion album.