awwww!! i loved wham and that video!! :wub2:

I only like the video actually...:teehee: for the lyrics are sooooo cheesy :cool:

for example:

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart

But the very next day, You gave it away"

"Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart

A man undercover but you tore me apart "

"I'll give it to someone special

who'll give me something in return

hold my heart and watch it burn" :blink:

:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only like the video actually...:teehee: for the lyrics are sooooo cheesy :cool:

for example:

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart

But the very next day, You gave it away"

"Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart

A man undercover but you tore me apart "

"I'll give it to someone special

who'll give me something in return

hold my heart and watch it burn" :blink:

:mf_rosetinted:

well i liked the words too :naughty:

they've copied the article for a german website, and there the title points even more towards a cover of "last christmas", it means sth like "mika in the footsteps of wham" :aah: - imagine my face when i saw it! :shocked: i love the song. and the video. :wub2: so, even more than wanting mika to cover the song, i'd love to see him in a videoclip like that. :wub2: he should add a few days before/after his holiday in that chalet, to shoot a video there, maybe for "i see you"? :biggrin2: (or for "one foot boy", if he isn't careful with skiing... :teehee:)

shame that he didn't choose the austrian alps, i might've had a chance to bump into him there. :naughty:

Yodel-Ay-Ee-Oooo!

Isn't there yodeling in the Alps?

I would love to hear Mika yodel - I know it was probably developed in the Swiss & Austrian Alps but surely they must yodel in the French Alps.

With Mika's range he probably is an excellent yodeller.

It is in his blood - he tweets "Yo" :roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Have fun & a Merry Christmas Holiday Mika, Family & Friends!

There is nothing better than ringing in the New Year in a chalet in the mountains with a cozy fireplace.

Been there done that in the Canadian Rockies!

:newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear:

Yodel-Ay-Ee-Oooo!

I would love to hear Mika yodel - I know it was probably developed in the Swiss & Austrian Alps but surely they must yodel in the French Alps.

Have fun & a Merry Christmas Holiday Mika, Family & Friends!

There is nothing better than ringing in the New Year in a chalet in the mountains with a cozy fireplace.

Been there done that in the Canadian Rockies!

:newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear:

You drink too much coffee, dontcha, Kodes???:shocked:

:biggrin2:

they've copied the article for a german website, and there the title points even more towards a cover of "last christmas", it means sth like "mika in the footsteps of wham" :aah: - imagine my face when i saw it! :shocked: i love the song. and the video. :wub2: so, even more than wanting mika to cover the song, i'd love to see him in a videoclip like that. :wub2: he should add a few days before/after his holiday in that chalet, to shoot a video there, maybe for "i see you"? :biggrin2: (or for "one foot boy", if he isn't careful with skiing... :teehee:)

shame that he didn't choose the austrian alps, i might've had a chance to bump into him there. :naughty:

And I read "the Australian Alps" and was like. :blink::roftl:

Yodel-Ay-Ee-Oooo!

:lmao:

So he's spending his Christmas holidays in London... :original:

:teehee:

£42,000?! :aah:

We're all wannabes. No one knows decadence like Mika knows decadence. :roftl:

I can't blame him, though. I'm sure if I had boatloads of money to burn, I'd do the same. :teehee:

And yes, I too almost peed myself when I thought he was covering Last Christmas. That would be just :swoon:.

MIKA is taking inspiration from Eighties duo WHAM! and treating his family to a Last Christmas-style Crimbo knees-up.

The camp warbler, who bagged a Brit Award last year, is splashing out 42,000 pounds to rent a luxury chalet in the French Alps and has invited 35 friends and family to stay with him.

He said: "It's going to be just like that Wham! video clip for Last Christmas, where they all frolic around in the snow."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2757884/Mikas-holiday-hit.html

------

I got excited and thought he was covering "Last Christmas" :sneaky2:

teeeheee.... I thoght it talked about the let it snow thing :naughty:

cool of mika, I think it'll turn into one big mika-style party :biggrin2:

I hope he doesn't drag john down the hills on the sledge again.. :roftl:

have fun, big M and I hope you'll find lots of snow there :thumb_yello::newyear:

XD I thought he was going to release "Let it Snow" as well from the tittle. Weird tittle for what is said.

Though I guess it's a good thing he's not, when I played the song during open studio a kid I know said whoever sang the song sounded like a "Drugged up drag queen" or something like that. :boxed:

I loved Wham's Last Christmas and the vid for it - I'd been thinking it would be so great if Mika sang that too after hearing his version of Let It Snow. :wub2:

I'm so envious of him going to this luxury chalet in the Alps, with real snow, cosy fires, gluhwein, chocolat chaud, fondues, snowball fights, sledging, skiing, snowboarding, sunshine (hopefully!) etc. I've been dreaming of going skiing again in the next few months but doubt we'll go this season. Was actually just today looking up the cost of an apartment to rent for a week in the Alps for next April - it sure as heck wasn't £42,000, but will still probably have to give it a miss for a year :sad:!!

God, I'm depressed now cos' I'm not going to be doing this over Christmas (but there's still time to invite me, Mika!, lol)! Hey ho.... Hope he has a lovely time with his family and friends'.

I thought Mika didn't like spending money:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: Well it is the sun, wasn't it them that also said he spent £30,000 on his pub party, when it was actually remarkably less? I don't trust them :shun:

£42,000?! :aah:

We're all wannabes. No one knows decadence like Mika knows decadence. :roftl:

oh you know, mika likes to exaggerate, and then add the fact that it's the sun who wrote it, so it's probably just 5.000. :naughty: nah, well, seriously... if he really rented a chalet in the french alps for a week over xmas and/or new year, which is big enough to house 35 ppl, i guess the 42.000 is quite realistic.

Archived