MikaFanClub.com's 3rd Anniversary Extravaganza

dcdeb

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to sofimica3212 and bangbanglou, winners of the YouTube scavenger hunt! :biggrin2:

Could you not have given it a time limit, like the other comps, the connection speeds here aren't as fast as some places.

Really? It was kinda easy for me, except for the bum wiggle one. :dunno:

I got them all, no problems, but my connection speed here isn't as fast as it is in the States.

Could you not have given it a time limit, like the other comps, the connection speeds here aren't as fast as some places.

Not really, because I had no way of knowing how long it would take people to find all ten videos. Also, wouldn't a time limit have harmed people with slow connection speeds? :blink:

I think it was harder for me, because I have a slow connection, and so therefore a) don't watch as many videos, and b) couldn't load the pages in time! I did know a few though, like the stolen jewelry one, and there were heaps of umbrella ones. I searched the Mikey thread to get the bum wiggle one. =P

You call that broadband, eh Bigpond? lol

You did well, though. I'm happy for you. =]

Not really, because I had no way of knowing how long it would take people to find all ten videos. Also, wouldn't a time limit have harmed people with slow connection speeds? :blink:

Not if you put the names in the randomiser and picked from that.

I think that one could be found on one of the DVDs tbh.

It was easy till I got to the Freddie one because I had to go through several and my computer is SO slow and unreliable :no:

It was really a computer thing rather than the scavenger hunt itself. I thought it was SOOO much fun though while doing it and I was reading them out to Granddad as I went through finding them and then I'd name where and random details about it and so he looked at me like :blink:

:roftl:

I think it was harder for me, because I have a slow connection, and so therefore a) don't watch as many videos, and b) couldn't load the pages in time! I did know a few though, like the stolen jewelry one, and there were heaps of umbrella ones. I searched the Mikey thread to get the bum wiggle one. =P

You call that broadband, eh Bigpond? lol

You did well, though. I'm happy for you. =]

I didn't think of that. :doh:

My connection is kinda slow sometimes too, but since I knew the titles of some of the videos that I needed I just copied the link without watching the video. That's why it took longer for me to find the bum wiggle one. :aah:

Thanks. :pinkbow:

I think that one could be found on one of the DVDs tbh.

It was easy till I got to the Freddie one because I had to go through several and my computer is SO slow and unreliable :no:

It was really a computer thing rather than the scavenger hunt itself. I thought it was SOOO much fun though while doing it and I was reading them out to Granddad as I went through finding them and then I'd name where and random details about it and so he looked at me like :blink:

:roftl:

It was nice going through the videos, some I haven't seen in ages, just wished there had been a time limit.

Not if you put the names in the randomiser and picked from that.

But the point wasn't to be random. There are lots of random comps happening. The point was to reward those who were able to answer fastest.

There are always going to be people who don't win m'dear - be it because of slow connections, different time zones, not being familiar enough with vintage Mika to find the vids from 2007, etc.

Thanks to everyone who entered! And remember, there are more competitions to be won! :yay:

It was nice going through the videos, some I haven't seen in ages, just wished there had been a time limit.

The confessions one is as beautiful as ever. I don't have a crush or any kind of romantic feelings for Mika but that video is a little different for me :wub2:

Did you know that THAT video alone was the beginning of my burlesque and theatrical obsession?

Before that I wanted to be a kind of emo version of Delta Goodrem. I owe like, my entire success to Mika and that ONE video! :bow:

Why a time limit?

You mean likt the X:00 ones so that everyone's posting at the same time trying to be the fifth person in the inbox? That I could understand for the slow connection and NZ is one if not THE slowest connections in the world.

Doesn't help that my computer's comitting suicide slowly :bleh:

that one was one of the easiest for me, as i have filmed one of them myself... :naughty:

and well, if i hadn't, i knew he did it at all the german tourdates in 2007 during big girl (or i think even ALL the autumn tourdates), so that's what i'd have searched for. :bleh:

hmm i'm wondering now whether it's worth to stay awake for a while and wait for the next competition, or if that competition will only be so late that i'll have fallen asleep on my keyboard until then... :rolls_eyes: :naughty:

that one was one of the easiest for me, as i have filmed one of them myself... :naughty:

and well, if i hadn't, i knew he did it at all the german tourdates in 2007 during big girl (or i think even ALL the autumn tourdates), so that's what i'd have searched for. :bleh:

hmm i'm wondering now whether it's worth to stay awake for a while and wait for the next competition, or if that competition will only be so late that i'll have fallen asleep on my keyboard until then... :rolls_eyes: :naughty:

Do what I did and sleep for half hour periods.

I have trouble sleeping but it was easy for me. I still have headache from being on here for about 6 hours almost nonstop!

But the point wasn't to be random. There are lots of random comps happening. The point was to reward those who were able to answer fastest.

There are always going to be people who don't win m'dear - be it because of slow connections, different time zones, not being familiar enough with vintage Mika to find the vids from 2007, etc.

Thanks to everyone who entered! And remember, there are more competitions to be won! :yay:

I absolutely LOVED this competition, lollipop_monkey! It was very creative and unique. And I, personally, liked the idea of racing against the clock while searching for specific videos. It was definitely a blast from the past! Please make more of these YouTube competitions if you are able to! This has been my favorite competition so far!!! :roftl:

Do what I did and sleep for half hour periods.

I have trouble sleeping but it was easy for me. I still have headache from being on here for about 6 hours almost nonstop!

i can't... if i fall asleep, i'm asleep for the next 5 hours at least. probably 6 or 7. :naughty: ok unless i really do fall asleep at my keyboard, then maybe i'll wake up because it's too uncomfortable. :roftl:

6 hours? make that 15 for me, lol! :naughty: i'm glad that mfc doesn't do so many fun competitions every day, or i'd completely lose any real life i might still have now. :roftl:

anyway, was good to stay up because i got to take part in another competition! :biggrin2: guess i didn't win, but still was fun. :bleh:

Archived