MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's because it rained all blinking summer!

Not where I was! There were many many many beach trips! And I was working the festivals too, and they were all BAKING weekends.

Over 3 months until the gig and 275 posts in this thread already!

I am loving this thread and the people in it so much that I think I'll make it my home and hide here until June!:naughty:

Yeah, I'm gonna set up camp in here and not budge. :aah:

Oh yes brilliant idea!!

Next time lets do that, that'll really confuse him!!:teehee:

Yes plan!!!:naughty:

you what you what you what!

byeeee Kath:wub2:

Yes me too peeps!! Mika love all round....gosh i feel all soppy!:blush-anim-cl:

He needs many woman to look out for him!!:teehee:

You should ask him, he's quite good at taking pics:wink2:

I hope not she wants to be at the front loved MIka when i took her to Sheffield

she was a big JLS fan but MIKA has become no1. she looks older with her long legs up to her arse:roftl::roftl:

I rang the Eden Project Box Office a few days ago to enquire about whether my son (aged 11) would need to go into the Family Viewing Area, and was told that there will be NO Family Viewing Area for Mika's gig. I guess they feel that Mika's show is much more family-friendly than others so it isn't necessary to have this area set aside for youngsters and their parents. The implication of this is that kids will obviously be able to stand/sit anywhere in the arena (presumably with their parents!)! :thumb_yello:

Not where I was! There were many many many beach trips! And I was working the festivals too, and they were all BAKING weekends.

:shocked: It rained on almost every day of the 6 week school holiday here.

Yes, I know, before anyone points out the obvious, it is Wales, but we usually have better weather than the rest of Wales here.

I went to Cornwall in August and it rained a lot there too.

.....but this summer will be different I think, particularly the weekend of 26th/27th June:wink2:

I rang the Eden Project Box Office a few days ago to enquire about whether my son (aged 11) would need to go into the Family Viewing Area, and was told that there will be NO Family Viewing Area for Mika's gig. I guess they feel that Mika's show is much more family-friendly than others so it isn't necessary to have this area set aside for youngsters and their parents. The implication of this is that kids will obviously be able to stand/sit anywhere in the arena (presumably with their parents!)! :thumb_yello:

OH thankyou thats brill haven't told her yet as waiting for prices on train but she cant wait to see him again :thumb_yello:

Weyhey, a sensible attitude from the organisers!

(I've just remembered that someone who I used to share a house with at university in the dim and distant past is some sort of manager at Eden)

:shocked: It rained on almost every day of the 6 week school holiday here.

Yes, I know, before anyone points out the obvious, it is Wales, but we usually have better weather than the rest of Wales here.

I went to Cornwall in August and it rained a lot there too.

.....but this summer will be different I think, particularly the weekend of 26th/27th June:wink2:

I did pretty well where I was - numerous trips to Southend, one trip to Broadstairs, Isle of Wight, V Chelmsford and Big Weekend in Swindon were all gloriously sunny. Can't get over how gorgeous Isle of Wight was though, I could so easily live there.

And East London got its fair share of rays too! I got sunburnt really badly twice, despite wearing factor 30 lotion. I think you must have been unlucky! Weather wise, not lack of sunburn wise. :aah:

Ha ha, they have NO idea!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I did pretty well where I was - numerous trips to Southend, one trip to Broadstairs, Isle of Wight, V Chelmsford and Big Weekend in Swindon were all gloriously sunny. Can't get over how gorgeous Isle of Wight was though, I could so easily live there.

And East London got its fair share of rays too! I got sunburnt really badly twice, despite wearing factor 30 lotion. I think you must have been unlucky! Weather wise, not lack of sunburn wise. :aah:

Were you at the Big Weekend in Swindon?:shocked:

Which day?

So we can count on you to bring the sunshine to Eden then! I think that I'll just follow you around all summer long if the weather is rubbish in Wales . I've never been to the Isle of Wight.

Were you at the Big Weekend in Swindon?:shocked:

Which day?

Both days! Behind the bar opposite the Big Top or whatever it's called.

So we can count on you to bring the sunshine to Eden then! I think that I'll just follow you around all summer long if the weather is rubbish in Wales . I've never been to the Isle of Wight.

Well, I hope so! Wouldn't like to jinx it but I had a good summer last year!

You MUST go to the Isle of Wight at some point, it's gorgeous. There's not much to do in the way of attractions, but it's a lovely place to wander round and catch some rays.

The Isle of Wight is gorgeous, even when it's overcast.

Bestival last year, the weather was lovely!

Both days! Behind the bar opposite the Big Top or whatever it's called.

Well, I hope so! Wouldn't like to jinx it but I had a good summer last year!

You MUST go to the Isle of Wight at some point, it's gorgeous. There's not much to do in the way of attractions, but it's a lovely place to wander round and catch some rays.

Wish I'd known you then, I could have hung out there on the Saturday.

Wish I'd known you then, I could have hung out there on the Saturday.

*has just re-read what you ACTUALLY said and will now edit accordingly*

Yes, I could have used some cheery company. Long hours, low pay, and lots of rushing about in the breaks then standing about like a lemon when the main acts are on.

Christ! Canno keep up with this thread! :aah:

Loving the energy that's flowing about this gig, so many fab MFCers are going that no matter what else happens I know we're gonna have a blast.

I'm up for meeting up for food and drinkies, I'm sure the guy at our B&B will be able to recommend somewhere, I'll ask him nearer the time as we may need to book?

I have to leave this lovely thread now, time to put out the bins (what a glamorous life I lead) and go to bed.

Nighty night,

MM

x

I'm off to Tesco to buy supernoodles, so not much better! :aah:

Night night! :bye:

Loving the energy that's flowing about this gig, so many fab MFCers are going that no matter what else happens I know we're gonna have a blast.

I'm up for meeting up for food and drinkies, I'm sure the guy at our B&B will be able to recommend somewhere, I'll ask him nearer the time as we may need to book?

I knooooooooow it's gonna be so much fun. How many of us are there gonna be pubbing it?

Going by who's gonna be in the B&Bs...Me, Viv, Freddie, Vicky, Laurel, Silver, Rose, Kath (+ hubby?) and you and Craig? So that's eleven already, plus I imagine a few others will be joining...will the ones with little'uns be able to come too? Do they have an area where you can have the kids with you?

Bah, we'll sort it nearer the time but I guess booking up a place would be a good idea. Then we can have one big MFC meal and it'll be great.

Something that crossed my mind earlier...will the big man be about? It's a long old way down from London so he'll probably be staying the night before...and if St Austell's the nearest town, he'll probably be in a B&B there. It'd be hilarious if he walked into the pub we were all in. :aah:

The guy at the b and b already loves us, if not our musical tastes , but he WILL soon!! mmwwwaaahh:teehee:

I knooooooooow it's gonna be so much fun. How many of us are there gonna be pubbing it?

Going by who's gonna be in the B&Bs...Me, Viv, Freddie, Vicky, Laurel, Silver, Rose, Kath (+ hubby?) and you and Craig? So that's eleven already, plus I imagine a few others will be joining...will the ones with little'uns be able to come too? Do they have an area where you can have the kids with you?

Bah, we'll sort it nearer the time but I guess booking up a place would be a good idea. Then we can have one big MFC meal and it'll be great.

Something that crossed my mind earlier...will the big man be about? It's a long old way down from London so he'll probably be staying the night before...and if St Austell's the nearest town, he'll probably be in a B&B there. It'd be hilarious if he walked into the pub we were all in. :aah:

A meet up would be great to get everyone together on the Saturday!

i expect Mika will be keeping very clear if he knows we're all let loose!!:naughty:

off to brush my teeth!

night all xxx:biggrin2:

I was wondering if he'd be playing Glasto on the Saturday, and drive on down Sunday morning, as the line up there hasn't been announced yet.

If he's not, it would be cool to think he could be there on the Saturday evening:thumb_yello:

The guy at the b and b already loves us, if not our musical tastes , but he WILL soon!! mmwwwaaahh:teehee:

A meet up would be great to get everyone together on the Saturday!

i expect Mika will be keeping very clear if he knows we're all let loose!!:naughty:

off to brush my teeth!

night all xxx:biggrin2:

Yeah, a meet up's gonna be great, especially if there's a big group of us. Lots of fun!

He may TRY to keep clear, but I bet he'll go mad if he stays in his room the whole town. He likes a wander, does our Mika. :aah:

Night night!

I was wondering if he'd be playing Glasto on the Saturday, and drive on down Sunday morning, as the line up there hasn't been announced yet.

If he's not, it would be cool to think he could be there on the Saturday evening:thumb_yello:

Aaaah is Glasto the same weekend? He may very well be there then I suppose. I hope he's not, purely for the comedy value of him walking into a pub and being faced with a dozen MFCers. I wonder if he'd leg it or not. :naughty:

OMG Freddie, you're coming to Eden!!!

That's fan-blinking-tastic!

10 hours in the car, that's true dedication. This is going to be such a great MFC turn out and the location is brilliant. I just can't wait.

yup it's gonna be a long haul but worth it

Are we doing drinkies and meet up on the Sataday night?

hell yeah

It's about 5 1/2, 6 hours for me from Essex, you're at LEAST another four, probably five hours.

Put that foot down Freddie!

Though watch it on the motorways down south, full of fekking speed cameras and vans on bridges who like to take pictures of a certain someone when she's doing 90mph on the M4 in her little KA.

lol your like sh*t off a stick (think that is how the saying goes).

What about a nice pub dinner...followed by drinkies :teehee:

YUP I'm up for that too.

Great news! wil be looking forward to man drinks

ahhh male bonding at it's best :)

Crotches!:roftl:

The mind boggles...........

yup MINE certainly did... a lot lol.

Well if your car was an A380 then you could be there in no time at all.

Tunes are the way forward fo sho. Tunes kept me going on the way back from Glasgow.

WHO'S GONNA HOLD MY CRISPS? VIVVVVVVVVVV.

sorry my arms arnt that long or removable, I would saw one off but I might need it to to clap etc at the gigs :aah:

Yessssss this is gonna be so good. There's such a GREAT bunch of people going, and it's in a lovely location. This might be the best gig EVER, even if Mika forgets all the words to his songs and gets knocked out by the giant big girl shoe, we'll still have a blast, I know it.

yeeeey I am sooo excited and happy to be going. I must like impromtu thingies.

........and Freddie is a perfect gentleman! :biggrin2:

that is a vicious rumour :naughty:

Going back to freddie's comment about the gig not being sold out:

Was I the only person who saw some really nasty things being written about Mika on an Inside Track Forum?

I can't find it again (it may have been a Facebook group if not the Eden website), but I somehow ended up reading a lot of comments by Inside Track members saying that they were totally disgusted that Eden had "sold out" and booked a mainstream pop act.

A lot of them said that they wouldn't dream of going even if the tickets were free. It appeared from some of the comments that they only pay £15 for tickets anyway and some of them said that he wasn't even worth that.

They seemd so far up their own backsides trying to be cool that they didn't consider the fact the he might actually be popular because he's a brilliant songwriter and performer. Arseholes. Their loss is our gain.

ignoramii I shall try not to hate them for they know not their own minds.

Wow, you've got a lot more will power than I have! I just say yes to anything!

I noticed :roftl:

Going by who's gonna be in the B&Bs...Me' date=' Viv, Freddie, Vicky, Laurel, Silver, Rose, Kath (+ hubby?) and you and Craig? So that's eleven already, plus I imagine a few others will be joining...will the ones with little'uns be able to come too? Do they have an area where you can have the kids with you?

Something that crossed my mind earlier...will the big man be about? It's a long old way down from London so he'll probably be staying the night before...and if St Austell's the nearest town, he'll probably be in a B&B there. [b']It'd be hilarious if he walked into the pub we were all in[/b]. :aah:

haha this rings a bell, we had many a jolly thought like this to keep us amused on our road trips recently.

lol your like sh*t off a stick (think that is how the saying goes).

Yes, yes I am. I am like sh*t off a stick. :mf_rosetinted:

sorry my arms arnt that long or removable, I would saw one off but I might need to to clap etc at the gigs :aah:

Baaaaaaaaaaah. Maybe I'll get a handsome gentleman to hold them for me.

I noticed :roftl:

Tbh, I'm young, I'm strong, I'm free, why the hell not? :biggrin2:

haha this rings a bell, we had many a jolly thought like this to keep us amused on our road trips recently.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL. "Wouldn't it be funny if he was at the welcome break?" "Wouldn'tit be funny if he walked in here for his lunch?" "Wouldn't it be funny if..." :roftl:

Archived