MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

Jamie, to answer your question on the biggest turnout for a gig, it was about 105 at Sadlers Wells;-)

Fred, do you know any Prog rock bands?

Best way to get Jimmys attention, I found, ha ha!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long were you planning on staying in England?

Not long, considering how long we've wanted to go. If we can save money on airline tickets we'd do 7 complete days plus our two travel days.

Right now though airline tickets are about $900 EACH!!

There has to be a trick to getting better prices.

Jamie, to answer your question on the biggest turnout for a gig, it was about 105 at Sadlers Wells;-)

Fred, do you know any Prog rock bands?

Best way to get Jimmys attention, I found, ha ha!

COOL!!!! that is such a trivia question/answer.

Fish, former front man for Marillion, his fan club is called Freaks.

Not long, considering how long we've wanted to go. If we can save money on airline tickets we'd do 7 complete days plus our two travel days.

Right now though airline tickets are about $900 EACH!!

There has to be a trick to getting better prices.

Wow! Thats crazy money. It would be a shame though to go all that way at the wrong time and miss Eden.

Are your children on school hols in June.

Brilliant, tanx.:thumb_yello:

Really looking forward to this now. you all sound so crazy and I'm quite shy. Don't know what I'm doing must be Mid-life Crisis or something!!

Yeah, just don't think of it as a CRISIS think of it as an awakening.

Thank you so much for that. That will come in very handy when my boys are referring to my Crisis:thumb_yello:

hell yea I LOVE it, but seems I am still half asleep so need MORE awakening.:naughty:

wow.gifpant.gif Longest MQ ever

Yes, bonkers is really the best word I could think of. I mean I am trying to find another place to stay and wonder if I can convince the husband to go on our trip to England in June instead of August.

that would be bonkers.

Nice to meet you, btw.

nice to meet you too and in person in paridise with Mika and the freakas.

love the WOW emoticon and his mate are they new?

Mika, loads of brilliant MFCers, Cornwall, Eden, Summer, Open Air gig, matching T shirts, flowers.....

Has someone probed my brain whilst I'm alseep and created my dream gig here? :naughty:

(if so, please will you also arrange for Freddie Mercury to come back from the dead to duet with Mika and for me to be a teenager again?)

Mika, loads of brilliant MFCers, Cornwall, Eden, Summer, Open Air gig, matching T shirts, flowers.....

Has someone probed my brain whilst I'm alseep and created my dream gig here? :naughty:

(if so, please will you also arrange for Freddie Mercury to come back from the dead to duet with Mika and for me to be a teenager again?)

OMG how weird I had the same dreams and wishes :naughty:

OKAY here's the new bigger version which should be nice and big enough for the t shirts...though obvs I'm not POSTING it bigger. Made a few changes to what I had originally, sadly had to ditch granddad vest/bicep-y Mika and replace him with this rather well turned out version instead. I like this version a lot better - there are a few little details that took forever but it looks all the better for it...I hope.

Couple of questions:

1) Flowers - too many? Should I fill the rest of the blue space on the left with them or should I just leave that for the wording?

2) Viv said something about having some sort of lyrical reference to Kick Ass...thoughts?

Anyway, here it is, any suggestions, let me know.

image15h.jpg

OKAY here's the new bigger version which should be nice and big enough for the t shirts...though obvs I'm not POSTING it bigger. Made a few changes to what I had originally, sadly had to ditch granddad vest/bicep-y Mika and replace him with this rather well turned out version instead. I like this version a lot better - there are a few little details that took forever but it looks all the better for it...I hope.

Couple of questions:

1) Flowers - too many? Should I fill the rest of the blue space on the left with them or should I just leave that for the wording?

2) Viv said something about having some sort of lyrical reference to Kick Ass...thoughts?

image15h.jpg

i so want one t-shirt even if i'm not going!!!!!!!!!! it's b e a u t i f u l!!!

:crybaby: :crybaby:

i so want one t-shirt even if i'm not going!!!!!!!!!! it's b e a u t i f u l!!!

:crybaby: :crybaby:

You can have one! I think if I upload the design to cafe press or something like that, anyone who wants one will be able to order it.

Couple of questions:

image15h.jpg

I dont think there are too many flowers and I would not fill in the left side , the blue looks great :thumb_yello:

I like it the way it is

I dont think there are too many flowers and I would not fill in the left side , the blue looks great :thumb_yello:

I like it the way it is

Woo! Cheers Freddie! Looks like it's more or less done then!

Couple of questions:

image15h.jpg

Its beautiful. I think its great as it is, no changes

Looks amazing :wub2:

Then number on the back and out forum name underneath?

are we having freak #___ then our forum name or forum name freak #__ ?

niiiiissssh work Laura :wub2::biggrin2: luv the new blue top better than old grey vest (dont like grey its...well GREY too much like a UK sky) :sneaky2:

Looks amazing :wub2:

Then number on the back and out forum name underneath?

Oh geee you're making me blush. :aah:

I was thinking like this for the back of the shirts, though obvs the curve of the name and freak# would be better and more central.

Do we wanna put MFC on it anywhere? Or the site URL or the full unabbreviated name or what?

img00115.jpg

Its beautiful. I think its great as it is, no changes

are we having freak #___ then our forum name or forum name freak #__ ?

niiiiissssh work Laura :wub2::biggrin2: luv the new blue top better than old grey vest (dont like grey its...well GREY too much like a UK sky) :sneaky2:

Thanks guys! :fangurl:

I was thinking like this for the back of the shirts, though obvs the curve of the name and freak# would be better and more central.

Do we wanna put MFC on it anywhere? Or the site URL or the full unabbreviated name or what?

img00115.jpg

YEH! i like that ... nothing tooo fancy on the back:biggrin2:

img00115.jpg

I think MFC even small somewhere might be niiiice in MFC colour of course, at the bottom front OR back :biggrin2: then ppl who dont know bout MFC might see it, or even MikaFanClub.com (pays to advertise) :thumb_yello:

I think MFC even small somewhere might be niiiice in MFC colour of course, at teh bottom front OR back :biggrin2: then ppl who dont know bout MFC might see it, or even MikaFanClub.com (pays to advertise) :thumb_yello:

Yeah I was thinking that too, Viv. I'll have a mess around when Cafe Press starts working and see what looks best.

Couple of questions:

image15h.jpg

It looks amazing!

1) I think the amount of flowers is perfect, any more would overcrowd it

2) Not sure, but it's quite a busy picture already

And a question of my own,

How much are these going to cost to make approx?

It looks amazing!

1) I think the amount of flowers is perfect, any more would overcrowd it

2) Not sure, but it's quite a busy picture already

And a question of my own,

How much are these going to cost to make approx?

Yeah I think it's probably best to leave it as it is.

Not sure about the costs yet, I'm gonna upload the design to Cafe Press and then I'll be able to work it out from then on.

Archived