MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

Ah I'm sure it's not an April fools joke. I'm glad things are finally looking up for you!

And don't worry about t shirts, I'm not usually a big fan of group t shirt thingies but I quite liked the idea of it for this one. Flowers in the hair, hippy style was my first thought for this gig, then someone mentioned t shirts and I was like ooooooooh!

lolz, don't think I'll work out my outfit till I know what the weather's like first though :aah: Stupid unpredicatble British weather...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lolz, don't think I'll work out my outfit till I know what the weather's like first though :aah: Stupid unpredicatble British weather...

You just need to have contingency plans! Layers are always good, perhaps a mac or something in case it DOES rain, and some waterproof boots and you'll be sorted for all weathers!

You just need to have contingency plans! Layers are always good, perhaps a mac or something in case it DOES rain, and some waterproof boots and you'll be sorted for all weathers!

But it's Juuuune, it shouldn't rain :aah: But knowing British Weather it probably will. I'll just see what the weather man says when it gets nearer the time and I'll go from there :aah:

I just have a vision of me having flowers in my hair, my hair all way...looking all happy and hippy-ish...everyone sitting on grass...:roftl::roftl:

But it's Juuuune, it shouldn't rain :aah: But knowing British Weather it probably will. I'll just see what the weather man says when it gets nearer the time and I'll go from there :aah:

I just have a vision of me having flowers in my hair, my hair all way...looking all happy and hippy-ish...everyone sitting on grass...:roftl::roftl:

Yessss shades on, soaking up the sun, waiting for Mika to come on stage and be wonderful. Aaaah it's gonna be a good one, whatever the weather. :biggrin2:

Yessss shades on, soaking up the sun, waiting for Mika to come on stage and be wonderful. Aaaah it's gonna be a good one, whatever the weather. :biggrin2:

It better be :roftl::roftl:

Anyone know what kind of festival this is, yet? :blink:

And who came up with "The Freaks Find Home"?

It better be :roftl::roftl:

Anyone know what kind of festival this is, yet? :blink:

And who came up with "The Freaks Find Home"?

What kind? As in outdoor, indoor, acts, what?

It's outdoor, and it's not really a festival as such, it's more like the iTunes festival, where it's across a number of days and they have different headline acts each night.

Freddie came up with Freaks Find Home. I have no idea where he got it from. :naughty:

I'm listening to Good Gone Girl, and I've decided it's the perfect summer song :biggrin2:

It's a driving song! Makes me wish I had a convertible in the summer. That'd be good.

What kind? As in outdoor, indoor, acts, what?

It's outdoor, and it's not really a festival as such, it's more like the iTunes festival, where it's across a number of days and they have different headline acts each night.

Freddie came up with Freaks Find Home. I have no idea where he got it from. :naughty:

It's a driving song! Makes me wish I had a convertible in the summer. That'd be good.

Ohhh so it's nothing like V Festival, THANK GOD haha. Lots of relaxation then. When will be let in? Is there anything there? :blink: (I've never attended a festival before and have no idea what to expect lol)

And nice work Fred!

Ohhh so it's nothing like V Festival, THANK GOD haha. Lots of relaxation then. When will be let in? Is there anything there? :blink: (I've never attended a festival before and have no idea what to expect lol)

And nice work Fred!

I have no idea really. I think there will be more info closer to the time. It's more of an outdoor gig than a festival really, so it won't be remotely like V...thank god. XD Although I'm going to V this year...makes a change from working there though. BAH!

I have no idea really. I think there will be more info closer to the time. It's more of an outdoor gig than a festival really, so it won't be remotely like V...thank god. XD Although I'm going to V this year...makes a change from working there though. BAH!

Ahhh I'm really excited, I've never attended an outdoor gig before. I'm so bang up for this!

And screw working at a festival :aah:

And nice work Fred!

It's not a festival, but the venue is amazing.

Have a look here:

http://www.edenproject.com

The ticket price includes entry into Eden on the day of the gig and the day after, so you can get in first thing in the morning and have a good look around before you queue, although to be honest I don't think that many people other the MFC will queue. They will kick all the "normal" visitors out at 6pm only let those with Mika tickets stay in.

It's going to be brilliant!

It's not a festival, but the venue is amazing.

Have a look here:

http://www.edenproject.com

The ticket price includes entry into Eden on the day of the gig and the day after, so you can get in first thing in the morning and have a good look around before you queue, although to be honest I don't think that many people other the MFC will queue. They will kick all the "normal" visitors out at 6pm only let those with Mika tickets stay in.

It's going to be brilliant!

Aww it looks so pretty. June couldn't come any slower :aah:

:roftl::roftl:

What call .. .its something I would do :naughty:

Btw .. how the hell did you get to the front ? , Ive been meaning to ask you for ages :aah:

Oh - you mean like a very drunken not knowing what the hell one is saying call? HMM..................I hope I didn't say anything TOO embarassing.:mf_rosetinted:

Front? Well, drunk as I was, I was sober enough to know that I wasn't going to queue jump so I just took my place in the queue, but after a bit they opened the doors further down the line and it became a free for all...........as it does.............I was on the front row but I certainly wasn 't central, I was way to the left - but I was quite happy. Front row anywhere is fine for me........Mika moves around so much it isn't essential to be absolutly in the middle I find.

Mind you.................at Eden I won't be anywhere near the front as Dave would not be impressed with queuing all day - which is why I don't usually bring him :roftl:. I will just have to admire from afar on this one :shocked:

Oh - you mean like a very drunken not knowing what the hell one is saying call? HMM..................I hope I didn't say anything TOO embarassing.:mf_rosetinted:

Front? Well, drunk as I was, I was sober enough to know that I wasn't going to queue jump so I just took my place in the queue, but after a bit they opened the doors further down the line and it became a free for all...........as it does.............I was on the front row but I certainly wasn 't central, I was way to the left - but I was quite happy. Front row anywhere is fine for me........Mika moves around so much it isn't essential to be absolutly in the middle I find.

Mind you.................at Eden I won't be anywhere near the front as Dave would not be impressed with queuing all day - which is why I don't usually bring him :roftl:. I will just have to admire from afar on this one :shocked:

Noooo ... bring Dave down to the front ... they'll he'll get Mikafied and then you can go to more Mika gigs ... :teehee:

Good plan ... yes :biggrin2:

Noooo ... bring Dave down to the front ... they'll he'll get Mikafied and then you can go to more Mika gigs ... :teehee:

Good plan ... yes :biggrin2:

Is this totally nessesary?:naughty::roftl:

Ahhh I'm really excited, I've never attended an outdoor gig before. I'm so bang up for this!

And screw working at a festival :aah:

Yeah I'm mega excited too, it's gonna be greeeeat.

And yeah, working at festivals is lame...but you do get to see some good bands if you crane your neck. Long hours, crap pay, sun burn, but it's all worth it when you blow off the rest of the day pretending to be ill and then sit on a grassy knoll while watching Katy Perry do her thang in front of 30,000 people.

Is this totally nessesary?:naughty::roftl:

Er...ABSOLUTELY! :teehee:

Yes ... Mika needs you :wink2:

Well................I wasn't planning on abanoning him...........was just thinking that maybe increasing my gig count possibly wasn't in the best interests of my bank unbalance :naughty:

Well, sometimes I think that I don't pull my weight...................maybe I should try to get to more gigs :biggrin2:

Yeah, I mean look at the pitiful amount in your sig!! Step to it!

Btw, how the hell did you get so many in your sig? I've got a character limit so I can't update mine with the UK tour. :sad:

Btw, how the hell did you get so many in your sig? I've got a character limit so I can't update mine with the UK tour. :sad:

I don't know - it always seems a bit odd, sometimes I seem to be able to add things and other times not.

Maybe I get special dispensation because, as Laurel has just pointed out in the Oldlings...............I am an antique :shocked::naughty:

Neither could I ... hence I gave up and had to put that awful siggy pic in instead :teehee:

So, we can walk around the whole place all day then, before the gig?

Cool!:thumb_yello:

We can have lunch there then, I think I'm liking the sound of this gig by the minute:biggrin2:

I don't know - it always seems a bit odd, sometimes I seem to be able to add things and other times not.

Maybe I get special dispensation because, as Laurel has just pointed out in the Oldlings...............I am an antique :shocked::naughty:

Hahaha yeah, like OAPs get a discount in the hair dressers. :roftl:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding, you're not an OAP. :naughty:

Neither could I ... hence I gave up and had to put that awful siggy pic in instead :teehee:

Yeah, so tragic. Actually, it is pretty awful, I look WELL ginger in it.

I might just ditch my dates and put in the picture of him holding my hand. *sigh*

Archived