MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be MFC heaven!:mf_lustslow:

I was thinking that he might have a little look around Eden in the daytime because it would be shame to go all that way and not do the tourist bit.

Ha ha, if he did that, and had 30 people trailing around behind him:naughty:

You, Nectar and Silver could recommend plants for his new house:thumb_yello:

Ohhhh pasties! better than greggs? impossibleeeeee:shocked:

You'll be in the home of the pasty, they make Greggs pasties look anorexic!

The pasties down there, are bigger than your hands!

Ohhhh its so bad in town "up here" that all the kids get fed greggs pasties and sausage rolls , like when a kid cries the mum gives it one to shut them up ...

They are known as ... greggs dummies :aah::roftl:

:roftl: You get those in every supermarket though.

Kid: Muuuum.

Mum: Not now, mummy's shopping.

Kid: I want chocolate.

Mum: You do not "want", you "would like"

Kid: No, I WANT and I WANT NOW.

Mum: Don't talk to me like that.

Kid: CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

Mum: You're not getting chocolate.

Kid: IIIII WAAAAAANT CHOOOOOCOOOOLAAAAATE *screams and cries and causes a scene*

Mum: Oh here you go.

Kid: Om nom nom (before it's even been paid for!! :doh:)

I was never like that and my kids won't be, either. If I asked my mum for something and she said no I shut up. :dunno:

Kids are so spoilt these days, makes them selfish. Plus lack of discipline and parenting skills...drives me loopy...so your kid starts screaming cos they can't have what they want...they need to learn they can't always have what they want...if they want to cause a scene let them cause a scene...the only one who's looking stupid is your child and they'll soon realise that...

:sneaky2:He'd never be there to water them

Kid: IIIII WAAAAAANT CHOOOOOCOOOOLAAAAATE *screams and cries and causes a scene*

I was never like that and my kids won't be, either. If I asked my mum for something and she said no I shut up. :dunno:

Kids are so spoilt these days, makes them selfish. Plus lack of discipline and parenting skills...drives me loopy...so your kid starts screaming cos they can't have what they want...they need to learn they can't always have what they want...if they want to cause a scene let them cause a scene...the only one who's looking stupid is your child and they'll soon realise that...

Same for me actually.. my mum and dad were poor .. and he died when I was 13 and in many ways I was left to get on with it ..so everything I got I treasured (still do actually):wub2:

But the point is .. with having so little you really love what you get and more than that .. I had a fire in me where I wanted to do good and .. yeh still I drive me pretty hard

Anyways .. I hate to see that .. its so bad

I'd love to, but obviously I'd have to study the house first to assess the light levels and temperatures etc:naughty:

But the point is .. with having so little you really love what you get and more than that .. I had a fire in me where I wanted to do good and .. yeh still I drive me pretty hard

That's so true Freddie and we all love you for it.

I totally agree with you.

My mum and dad were complete disciplinarians, and I respected them for it, so when I see kids today, who don't get disipline, and disrespect everyone around them, it drives me round the bend!

That's so true Freddie and we all love you for it.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :wub2:

Is is true actually , thats why i treasure my first mika ticket , and the things he signed .... I look at them in my own time , or the rock a girl picked up in the shape of a heart once and gave to me .. etc .. to the flat and car I have . I love it ..:wub2:

Story .. my gran died 3 years to the day!!! .. so today I got some flowers and took them to the cemetary and took a coffee .. and just sat , sun coming down and having my own thoughts .. then .. I got LICM and drove away .. first time in a while actually and when Happy Ending came on.. wow :shocked:

You know when you have a "moment" in your life , the choir near the end where it build and builds .. incredible

i didnt have tears no way never :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I totally agree with you.

My mum and dad were complete disciplinarians, and I respected them for it, so when I see kids today, who don't get disipline, and disrespect everyone around them, it drives me round the bend!

I agree too.

Sometimes I hear myself sounding like a right old fart when I do one of my "you don't know how lucky you are....." routines. I am fairly strict compared to most parents, but my kids still have an easier time than I did.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :wub2:

Is is true actually , thats why i treasure my first mika ticket , and the things he signed .... I look at them in my own time , or the rock a girl picked up in the shape of a heart once and gave to me .. etc .. to the flat and car I have . I love it ..:wub2:

Story .. my gran died 3 years to the day!!! .. so today I got some flowers and took them to the cemetary and took a coffee .. and just sat , sun coming down and having my own thoughts .. then .. I got LICM and drove away .. first time in a while actually and when Happy Ending came on.. wow :shocked:

You know when you have a "moment" in your life , the choir near the end where it build and builds .. incredible

i didnt have tears no way never :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

That's so sweet and lovely, Freddie. You've made me cry now.

The bit where it goes ...

Little bit of love .. little but of loveee and Mika sings iiiiiiiii building and building

Incredible incredible man :wub2::wub2:

This is the hardest story that I ever told iiiiiiiiiiiii feel as if Im wasted and iiiiiiiiiiiii wasted every day

:wub2::wub2:

That's so sweet and lovely, Freddie. You've made me cry now.

Took me back to 2007 , things feel different now :boxed: ..

That album is just awesome .. when you play it again after a little while all that comes flooding back , 2007 and all that it brought :wub2:

Now .. its not the same for many reasons ..

I freakin' love Happy Ending, especially "little bit of love onwards". I wanna hear an acapella version of it...Mika + backing singers + gospel choirs please.

Happy Ending and One Foot Boy :mf_rosetinted:

That choir is just SOMETHING .. when it builds and builds and builds .. wow :shocked:

Must be one of my fav mika songs :wub2: , listening to that and his new album I really think we went too far off the wall with it .. just my feeling . LICM is magic:wub2:

That album is just awesome .. when you play it again after a little while all that comes flooding back , 2007 and all that it brought :wub2:

I was listening to LICM and singing along whilst driving about the other day, very loudly, i got a right funny look from some woman, but i made me feel awesoome :biggrin2:

The bit where it goes ...

Little bit of love .. little but of loveee and Mika sings iiiiiiiii building and building

Incredible incredible man :wub2::wub2:

This is the hardest story that I ever told iiiiiiiiiiiii feel as if Im wasted and iiiiiiiiiiiii wasted every day

:wub2::wub2:

I had a similar experience after my first Mika gig, when one of my best friends died. Her husband called, whom I dogsit for now, and told me, and I had LICM on, but I only played OMS, AOW, Happy Ending and My Interpretation, which got me as far as the first service station on the motorway, where I stayed for 2 hours crying my heart out.

I just kept playing them over and over for those 2 hours. Managed to get back to my other friends place eventually, but that was the worst drive of my life.

2007 was amazing. I watched the Grace Kelly video for the first time in ages the other night. The memories came flooding back.

I turned 40 in 2007 and people say that 40 is a milestone, but for me the big thing of 2007 was discovering Mika. It changed me, for sure.

highly, highly agree. Not different in a bad way, but things are different. There's a ... there's a sense, you know? There's a certain feeling to it. Spring time always makes me remember when I first held Life In Cartoon Motion in Woolworths. It was a sunny day, quite a nice day actually...and I remember going home and putting the CD in my laptop...wondering what the rest of the album would sound like...it was like a fresh beginning. That's the only way to describe it. The air had changed. My point of view was different. Mika and his music really did change my life.

I was listening to LICM and singing along whilst driving about the other day, very loudly, i got a right funny look from some woman, but i made me feel awesoome :biggrin2:

I was the same ... I mean 2007 over and over and over and overrrr again I listened to it .. today was relax and the BOOMING bass and happy ending .. love it .. made me want to have a convertable and blast to the world!!

I had a similar experience after my first Mika gig, when one of my best friends died. Her husband called, whom I dogsit for now, and told me, and I had LICM on, but I only played OMS, AOW, Happy Ending and My Interpretation, which got me as far as the first service station on the motorway, where I stayed for 2 hours crying my heart out.

I just kept playing them over and over for those 2 hours. Managed to get back to my other friend place eventually, but that was the worst drive of my life.

Yes .. they are powerful incredible songs .. sometimes you just need that moment in life to capture them , when Mika was raw and new and just wow!

I hope actually he pulls it back on the 3rd album , the last one just didnt quite have that zing!

Archived