MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

I had a similar experience after my first Mika gig, when one of my best friends died. Her husband called, whom I dogsit for now, and told me, and I had LICM on, but I only played OMS, AOW, Happy Ending and My Interpretation, which got me as far as the first service station on the motorway, where I stayed for 2 hours crying my heart out.

I just kept playing them over and over for those 2 hours. Managed to get back to my other friends place eventually, but that was the worst drive of my life.

Are you able to listen to those tracks now without getting upset Rose?

I hope that it hasn't stopped you loving them.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That choir is just SOMETHING .. when it builds and builds and builds .. wow :shocked:

Must be one of my fav mika songs :wub2: , listening to that and his new album I really think we went too far off the wall with it .. just my feeling . LICM is magic:wub2:

what do you mean by that? :blink:

I have to say, I prefer iMMa's harmonising vocals than the choir's...I mean...I know the choir are probably singing the same harmonisation...(if that's a word...it is now) but when you hear it live iMMa just freakin' goes for it and there's so much feeling and it makes me want to burst.

2007 was amazing. I watched the Grace Kelly video for the first time in ages the other night. The memories came flooding back.

I turned 40 in 2007 and people say that 40 is a milestone, but for me the big thing of 2007 was discovering Mika. It changed me, for sure.

YES .. wow 2 years time Ill be 40 , I WILL be ok wont i? :aah:

It was a life changing experience wasnt it .. mika coming and filling that heart shaped hole Freddie left:wub2:

highly, highly agree. Not different in a bad way, but things are different. There's a ... there's a sense, you know? There's a certain feeling to it. Spring time always makes me remember when I first held Life In Cartoon Motion in Woolworths. It was a sunny day, quite a nice day actually...and I remember going home and putting the CD in my laptop...wondering what the rest of the album would sound like...it was like a fresh beginning. That's the only way to describe it. The air had changed. My point of view was different. Mika and his music really did change my life.

Yes .. I mean then Mika paved the way for pop again , he was new , fresh , different , bloody minded and raw .. but as you say that "sense" isnt quite there .. I cant explain it .. its there for sure but maybe we were spoilt toooo much ...

I think it was a life changing experience , and for that we are on the journey now and its growing but 2007 was so so so special

On a similar note, I'm sad that the one thing that can never be repeated is that thrilling feeling I had when I first saw him live.

I mean the exact moment when he appeared on stage in front of me and I thought that I might faint with excitement. It's always great when he comes on stage, but there's something so special about that first time.:wub2:

Are you able to listen to those tracks now without getting upset Rose?

I hope that it hasn't stopped you loving them.

No, I still love them, in fact when he does Happy Ending live, I just wallow in it and sing my lungs out at the end, looking upwards. Like to sing it up to my friend, I know she's looking down on me.

YES .. wow 2 years time Ill be 40 , I WILL be ok wont i? :aah:

It was a life changing experience wasnt it .. mika coming and filling that heart shaped hole Freddie left:wub2:

You'll be fine because you'll have all of us to help you through it!

I felt younger at 40 than 39, thanks to Mika.:biggrin2:

No, I still love them, in fact when he does Happy Ending live, I just wallow in it and sing my lungs out at the end, looking upwards. Like to sing it up to my friend, I know she's looking down on me.

Awwww. She's probably looking down thinking "there's Rose, still nutty as a fruitcake!":naughty:

I was listening to LICM and singing along whilst driving about the other day, very loudly, i got a right funny look from some woman, but i made me feel awesoome :biggrin2:

I listened to LICM the other day in the car after a break from listening to it (since TBWKTM was released) and, like others have said, was just reminded how much I love that album. Now that we have another album from Mika it's interesting to compare the first with the second - I'm even more astonished by the confidence and audaciousness (not sure if that's the right word, difficult to explain) of LICM considering it's a first album!

And like others (sorry I don't know how to do/use multiquote!) I love 'Happy Ending' - I've said it before elsewhere, but that's got to be one of my favourite songs of all time, it's beautiful, especially the build up of 'little bit of love' - the way he says the last one is just :wub2:

Yes .. I mean then Mika paved the way for pop again , he was new , fresh , different , bloody minded and raw .. but as you say that "sense" isnt quite there .. I cant explain it .. its there for sure but maybe we were spoilt toooo much ...

I think it was a life changing experience , and for that we are on the journey now and its growing but 2007 was so so so special

I think LiCM is more...unique than TBWKTM. The thing about TBWKTM was that there were so many snippets before the actual release that I think it totally ruined the whole "newness" of it. There wasn't that sense of "newness" with the new record for me, it was like I had already heard it way before it came out because to be honest...I kinda had...with those one minute clips we had or whatever... I certainly won't be listening to any clips when the 3rd album comes out because I want that feeling again.

I don't know if it will ever be the same feeling as it was in 07 because Mika was so...NEW...I remember the time when YouTube only had about 3 Mika interviews...:aah:

Discovering Mika at the time we did is so special Fred, because we witnessed his rise the same time he did, y'know? It was like we shared the experience with him even though we barely "knew" each other at the time. He was just an artist back then, now he is so much more.

I think LiCM is more...unique than TBWKTM. The thing about TBWKTM was that there were so many snippets before the actual release that I think it totally ruined the whole "newness" of it. There wasn't that sense of "newness" with the new record for me, it was like I had already heard it way before it came out because to be honest...I kinda had...with those one minute clips we had or whatever... I certainly won't be listening to any clips when the 3rd album comes out because I want that feeling again.

I don't know if it will ever be the same feeling as it was in 07 because Mika was so...NEW...I remember the time when YouTube only had about 3 Mika interviews...:aah:

Discovering Mika at the time we did is so special Fred, because we witnessed his rise the same time he did, y'know? It was like we shared the experience with him even though we barely "knew" each other at the time. He was just an artist back then, now he is so much more.

I think your right , a few of us were hearing KNOWING this was going to be massive and taking a risk on him really .. , an unknown with a tiny unoffical forum

Its quite incredible .. :wub2:

Night everyone

x

I really need to get some sleep now. This thread has kept me up far too late!:biggrin2:

Night night beautiful freaks,

MM

x

I think your right , a few of us were hearing KNOWING this was going to be massive and taking a risk on him really .. , an unknown with a tiny unoffical forum

Night everyone

x

Night and sweet dreams to you both :wink2:

Night everyone

x

You're going?! Boo!

Night Fredster!

:tears::wub2:

For me, Any other world also has that effect..it reminds me of when i used to drive to work at half 6 in the morning when you could just see dawn, and it was just me on the road...amazingness :blush-anim-cl:

I have a tendancy to skip AOW on the CD, but it's definitely more powerful live.

I have a tendancy to skip AOW on the CD, but it's definitely more powerful live.

Smile like you meannnn ittttt .. wow thats a great track too missy:wub2:

AOW is one my most fave songs, especially live:wub2:

YES ... love it , loving the ballads from LICM so much , its weird for a long time I was "bored" with it , not bored .. but you know 10000 times listening to it .. it needed a break :teehee:

breaks are good :thumb_yello: makes things feel fresh again when you listen to them for the first time in ages.

Hi guys :biggrin2:

Have got my tickets, they're in the filing cabinet so they don't get lost :teehee:

I was just wondering about the Mika freak count thing on the first page....what's it about? I tried finding out but I can't see it anywhere and I'm confused. And also the T-shirts.....what are these about too? Argh, sorry guys! Me being silly again :boxed:

Can't wait till June though :thumb_yello:

Have got my tickets' date=' they're in the filing cabinet so they don't get lost :teehee:

I was just wondering about the Mika freak count thing on the first page....what's it about? I tried finding out but I can't see it anywhere and I'm confused. And also the T-shirts.....what are these about too? Argh, sorry guys! Me being silly again :boxed:

Can't wait till June though :thumb_yello:[/quote']

umm... same... :boxed:

AOW is one my most fave songs, especially live:wub2:

One of my favorites too. Just come back from shopping and it was playing on cd in the car and my 3 year old was singing away as well. He almost has all the words now. So cute! He loves the song but wants to know if Mika is sad because 'his mammy wouldn't buy him jellies in the shop'

Have got my tickets' date=' they're in the filing cabinet so they don't get lost :teehee:

Can't wait till June though :thumb_yello:[/quote']

umm... same... :boxed:

You pick a number that's available, and then you tell Freddie which you want, then Jazzy will allocate it to a t shirt for you, and give you the link to be able to buy the t shirt.

Most of us are getting the Ts to wear on the day, so if you'd like to join in feel free:thumb_yello:

Archived