MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

Yeah exactly. I mean, all that stuff happened in September...and then February came so suddenly...despite having a four month break from Mika, Feb felt like it came the next day.

I don't know about you, but seeing Mika so many times in one week/one month does kinda kill the excitement. Don't get me wrong, I freakin' LOVE going to see him and would like to think I'd never stop (:teehee:) but the good thing about breaks is that it ignites that excited feeling again. Instead of that "I'm just popping down London to see Mika and the gang", I wanna feel "OMG I'm totally excited and vamped by this! I can't wait to feel the buzz when I get first row and the first notes blast through the speakers!" kinda feeling.

Everything kinda became "too" normal and I wasn't sure if I liked it. It felt weird that it felt normal rather than exciting, and that's why I can wait. Shepherds Bush...Hammersmith 08...Sadler's Wells...these were all such exciting gigs for me. Even the pub! I remember feeling as though I was buzzing. I wanna get that again.

And that's nothing to do with me going off Mika - certainly not! - I just started to wonder if there was such thing as "too much in such short space of time." Do you get me? So I guess this is like a little experiment.

I know there are plenty more people who see him way more than I do...and I wonder if any of them feel the same...but the thing is, whenever I go to see Mika it's always London. People travel everywhere and I guess that's why Mika gigs are perhaps always exciting to them because it's always a different country with a different crowd. How did you feel when you traveled, Jazzy? Do you get what I'm saying?

Maybe this is why I'm looking forward to this particular gig. ROAD TRIP! SUMMER! OUTDOOR GIG! SOMETHING NEW!

February was the first time I've ever done a road trip ... loved every minute of it ... it was completely different to just going to a gig in London for me - visiting cities I've never been too before ... Newcastle, Bristol - and others that I've not been to for a few years ... Glasgow, Brighton - It was actually exciting getting up at the crack of dawn to go jump on a coach to another destination ... I enjoyed the London shows too ... but I'm glad I didn't just do London this time ... :wub2:

Amsterdam will be an experience too ... first time I'll have been abroad on my own ... second time I've been abroad ever actually - really looking forward to it opening up other things for me ... :wub2:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
February was the first time I've ever done a road trip ... loved every minute of it ... it was completely different to just going to a gig in London for me - visiting cities I've never been too before ... Newcastle, Bristol - and others that I've not been to for a few years ... Glasgow, Brighton - It was actually exciting getting up at the crack of dawn to go jump on a coach to another destination ... I enjoyed the London shows too ... but I'm glad I didn't just do London this time ... :wub2:

Amsterdam will be an experience too ... first time I'll have been abroad on my own ... second time I've been abroad ever actually - really looking forward to it opening up other things for me ... :wub2:

I think that's why Sadler's Wells/Pub was so exciting for me, because it was the first time I'd traveled to London on my own. London was an adventure, now it just feels as though it's up the road :aah: Cornwall's definitely gonna be an experience and I'm really looking forward to it.

Better watch out cause the Dutch are coming:mf_rosetinted: Obviously, as it is like our country:roftl:

Yeah exactly. I mean, all that stuff happened in September...and then February came so suddenly...despite having a four month break from Mika, Feb felt like it came the next day.

I don't know about you, but seeing Mika so many times in one week/one month does kinda kill the excitement. Don't get me wrong, I freakin' LOVE going to see him and would like to think I'd never stop (:teehee:) but the good thing about breaks is that it ignites that excited feeling again. Instead of that "I'm just popping down London to see Mika and the gang", I wanna feel "OMG I'm totally excited and vamped by this! I can't wait to feel the buzz when I get first row and the first notes blast through the speakers!" kinda feeling.

Everything kinda became "too" normal and I wasn't sure if I liked it. It felt weird that it felt normal rather than exciting, and that's why I can wait. Shepherds Bush...Hammersmith 08...Sadler's Wells...these were all such exciting gigs for me. Even the pub! I remember feeling as though I was buzzing. I wanna get that again.

And that's nothing to do with me going off Mika - certainly not! - I just started to wonder if there was such thing as "too much in such short space of time." Do you get me? So I guess this is like a little experiment.

I know there are plenty more people who see him way more than I do...and I wonder if any of them feel the same...but the thing is, whenever I go to see Mika it's always London. People travel everywhere and I guess that's why Mika gigs are perhaps always exciting to them because it's always a different country with a different crowd. How did you feel when you traveled, Jazzy? Do you get what I'm saying?

Maybe this is why I'm looking forward to this particular gig. ROAD TRIP! SUMMER! OUTDOOR GIG! SOMETHING NEW!

Yeah I'm not sure if it killed the excitement for me, seeing him so often...I wasn't really excited by Sheffield, which was my first of the tour, until the lights went out and David ran on stage, but before Newcastle I was absolutely buzzing and gnawing on the barrier when we got in. :roftl: It might depend on the crowd you're with too, I dunno. It was difficult to get excited for those gigs days in advance because I was at other gigs in the days leading up to them so it was more of a 'focus on the present' thing.

I thought I might get bored by the fourth or fifth show on the UK tour, but it just kept getting better and better and better, and I told Anna that in Vienna, cos we were talking about how the show had really developed and was just amazing now in comparison to the first few dates.

I think you should definitely travel to other places to see him though. I would recommend going to a Newcastle gig if you ever get the chance because it's COMPLETELY different. People in London are so blasé about gigs because there is always so much going on. I mean, if you go to London tonight, you'll be able to see a hundred different bands, a hundred different plays, musicals, whatever, and it's just picking what you fancy, it's not something you have to wait for, d'you know what I mean?

Not sure what the verdict is on gigs abroad yet - I was a BG in Vienna because I was so knackered from not getting any sleep, so I didn't see the gig from a regular perspective...but I'm hella excited for Milan, though that might be because of the fact that I've wanted to go there for so long...

Talking about gigs gets me excited...if you're not talking about it you forget about it. I mean, we're on a hundred and whatever pages for this thread and we're all going stir crazy for it. And also it's different to what he's done before, and it's summer, and it's Cornwall, which has got all that gorgeous farmer-y charm about it...and there's a brilliant set of people going as well. It's all just about getting the mix of people, place and chat right.

Have to say though, taking off on that plane last week, with my parents thinking I was tucked up in bed with flu had to be one of the most giggle-inducing things in my life, ever. But then I was stuck in this really weird THING when I got back. I'd been in a different country that morning, I had a picture of Mika looking at me in my corset, he'd grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front of the stage...and I couldn't TELL anyone. I actually just imploded, hahaha.

I don't really know what my point was...but make of that mess of so-called sentences what you will. :teehee:

Better watch out cause the Dutch are coming:mf_rosetinted: Obviously, as it is like our country:roftl:

Whenever I think of "Holland"...cos you guys speak Dutch, for a split second I keep thinking your country's called "Dutchland" :doh: Then I remind myself it's Holland/Netherlends :roftl:

Whenever I think of "Holland"...cos you guys speak Dutch, for a split second I keep thinking your country's called "Dutchland" :doh: Then I remind myself it's Holland/Netherlends :roftl:

It took me ages to find a guidebook for Amsterdam in Waterstones...I was looking for it under Holland instead of Netherlands. :aah: When I found it I was like 'WTF IS IT DOING WITH NIGERIA??!?!!?'

Oh and Dutchland kind of sounds a bit like Deuschland (I have no idea how it's spelt) which is German for Germany...right?

Dutchland:mf_rosetinted: Puhleaze we don't follow trends like that:naughty:

It took me ages to find a guidebook for Amsterdam in Waterstones...I was looking for it under Holland instead of Netherlands. :aah: When I found it I was like 'WTF IS IT DOING WITH NIGERIA??!?!!?'

Holland is not the right term, it's a province of the Netherlands which is our official name, but everyone says Holland because it's easier:naughty:

I think that's why Sadler's Wells/Pub was so exciting for me, because it was the first time I'd traveled to London on my own. London was an adventure, now it just feels as though it's up the road :aah: Cornwall's definitely gonna be an experience and I'm really looking forward to it.

Yeah ... going to London means nowt to me to be honest ... I used to do it all the time when I did the courier job thing ... I used to be so excited about going to London when I was younger ... but I was going up there 5 or 6 times a month - sometimes more - so you become blase about it :dunno:

It's a shame cos' I still love London ... :wub2: It's still kind of nice to go to new venues though ... least Mika's done that abit for me ... what with Bloomsbury and Koko ... but still ... it's nicer to go to new places :wub2:

OMFG ... is Amsterdam gonna be full of Dutch people ... cos' I'm allergic to them .. so I definitely can't come :naughty:

:teehee: I'm so looking forward to it actually ... I wanna go to Norway ... I saw Caz's pics in the Donuts ... I'm going on a Fjord cruise ... seriously - next year ... or 2011 ... but definitely by 2012 ... I've wanted to go since I was 12 :wub2: It's this damn Mika bloke ... he keeps nicking all my money ... silly boy :aah:

Yeah I'm not sure if it killed the excitement for me, seeing him so often...I wasn't really excited by Sheffield, which was my first of the tour, until the lights went out and David ran on stage, but before Newcastle I was absolutely buzzing and gnawing on the barrier when we got in. :roftl: It might depend on the crowd you're with too, I dunno. It was difficult to get excited for those gigs days in advance because I was at other gigs in the days leading up to them so it was more of a 'focus on the present' thing.

I thought I might get bored by the fourth or fifth show on the UK tour, but it just kept getting better and better and better, and I told Anna that in Vienna, cos we were talking about how the show had really developed and was just amazing now in comparison to the first few dates.

I think you should definitely travel to other places to see him though. I would recommend going to a Newcastle gig if you ever get the chance because it's COMPLETELY different. People in London are so blasé about gigs because there is always so much going on. I mean, if you go to London tonight, you'll be able to see a hundred different bands, a hundred different plays, musicals, whatever, and it's just picking what you fancy, it's not something you have to wait for, d'you know what I mean?

Not sure what the verdict is on gigs abroad yet - I was a BG in Vienna because I was so knackered from not getting any sleep, so I didn't see the gig from a regular perspective...but I'm hella excited for Milan, though that might be because of the fact that I've wanted to go there for so long...

Talking about gigs gets me excited...if you're not talking about it you forget about it. I mean, we're on a hundred and whatever pages for this thread and we're all going stir crazy for it. And also it's different to what he's done before, and it's summer, and it's Cornwall, which has got all that gorgeous farmer-y charm about it...and there's a brilliant set of people going as well. It's all just about getting the mix of people, place and chat right.

Have to say though, taking off on that plane last week, with my parents thinking I was tucked up in bed with flu had to be one of the most giggle-inducing things in my life, ever. But then I was stuck in this really weird THING when I got back. I'd been in a different country that morning, I had a picture of Mika looking at me in my corset, he'd grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front of the stage...and I couldn't TELL anyone. I actually just imploded, hahaha.

I don't really know what my point was...but make of that mess of so-called sentences what you will. :teehee:

This is what I mean; because you were traveling to different places I guess it wouldn't have killed the excitement because you were always somewhere new. All my gigs have been in London...I'm eager to spread my wings a bit more, y'know? London's beautiful and great and amazing and historical and all that malarkey, and I'll never get bored of London because there's always a place you've never been before, but there are so many other places to see as well.

Having your best friend mix in with your MFC friends was also rather weird. It was like my old life and my Mika life came clashing together and it was just so strange. You know what I mean? Not that I regret him coming at all, it was just weird having two worlds of mine collide like that. I have a tendancy to pigeon hole certain parts of my life, e.g. "family life", "old friends", "work friends", "MFC friends".

It's weird having to mix them :aah: I like keeping certain parts of my life separate from others. Not sure why. I don't know...I guess I quite like not always telling people where I'm going. I just want to go and DO things and keep things for myself sometimes.

Holland is not the right term, it's a province of the Netherlands which is our official name, but everyone says Holland because it's easier:naughty:

What's so difficult about Netherlands? It's like Neverland but with a TH instead of a V. Bah if we were taught properly at school or Waterstones stuck with what we were taught at school I would have well not spent ten minutes on my knees searching the lower shelves. :sneaky2:

Oh and Dutchland kind of sounds a bit like Deuschland (I have no idea how it's spelt) which is German for Germany...right?

LMFAO. Yes, I also keep thinking of the German name, and then I feel rude for thinking it cos in my mind it sounds like "douche land" :aah:

Oh I know lol :naughty: But thanks for the Geography lesson anyway!

:teehee: I'm so looking forward to it actually ... I wanna go to Norway ... I saw Caz's pics in the Donuts ... I'm going on a Fjord cruise ... seriously - next year ... or 2011 ... but definitely by 2012 ... I've wanted to go since I was 12 :wub2: It's this damn Mika bloke ... he keeps nicking all my money ... silly boy :aah:

Mika needs to do a gig on a cruise :mf_rosetinted:

This is what I mean; because you were traveling to different places I guess it wouldn't have killed the excitement because you were always somewhere new. All my gigs have been in London...I'm eager to spread my wings a bit more, y'know? London's beautiful and great and amazing and historical and all that malarkey, and I'll never get bored of London because there's always a place you've never been before, but there are so many other places to see as well.

Having your best friend mix in with your MFC friends was also rather weird. It was like my old life and my Mika life came clashing together and it was just so strange. You know what I mean? Not that I regret him coming at all, it was just weird having two worlds of mine collide like that. I have a tendancy to pigeon hole certain parts of my life, e.g. "family life", "old friends", "work friends", "MFC friends".

It's weird having to mix them :aah: I like keeping certain parts of my life separate from others. Not sure why. I don't know...I guess I quite like not always telling people where I'm going. I just want to go and DO things and keep things for myself sometimes.

Tbh Caz, every city in the UK looks the same now...they've all got a Gregg's and an Argos and they were ALL O2 academies...the only thing that actually changes is the atmosphere, but you don't get to experience that until Mika's on stage. I actually said in Leeds, after being there for about 20 minutes and having DRIVEN there, so I'd have seen the signs, I just turned to buttons and said 'What city are we in?' It didn't really make much difference...that was on the third show.

I separate my life too...big time. My family know nothing of what I do at uni, know nothing about any of my MFC friends, even my best friend doesn't know that much about the other parts of my life...but when I'm with the people from each part, the other parts aren't really the topic of conversation.

That explains the excited phone call that went on for about an hour then:roftl:

I must say, the talking about fatigue after so many gigs, yes there is a physical tiredness from the amount of travelling, and in 07 seeing the same show for about 8 days on the trot, it did get a little samey by Plymouth, but when the cancellations happened in London a few day later, it was pretty gutting!

This time around though, even though the general premise of the show is the same, there is so many little tweaks and differences, when you hear of them, the ache to have wanted to be there to see it, is very real!

It's a different vibe this time around, I guess because Mika himself seems to want to make each show slightly individual, when back in 07, just starting out and finding his feet, he probably wanted to stick to something comfortable and familiar. That's how it felt anyway.

And changing the complete format again midway through the European tour, just like only doing the 1955 theme in the US, makes me think, he wants to keep evolving the show as he goes along. Makes me wonder whay format he'll use for the festivals.

And this being like a one off show again, I'm thinking this will be like Bloomsbury or Little Noise, something unique.

That explains the excited phone call that went on for about an hour then:roftl:

I must say, the talking about fatigue after so many gigs, yes there is a physical tiredness from the amount of travelling, and in 07 seeing the same show for about 8 days on the trot, it did get a little samey by Plymouth, but when the cancellations happened in London a few day later, it was pretty gutting!

This time around though, even though the general premise of the show is the same, there is so many little tweaks and differences, when you hear of them, the ache to have wanted to be there to see it, is very real!

It's a different vibe this time around, I guess because Mika himself seems to want to make each show slightly individual, when back in 07, just starting out and finding his feet, he probably wanted to stick to something comfortable and familiar. That's how it felt anyway.

And changing the complete format again midway through the European tour, just like only doing the 1955 theme in the US, makes me think, he wants to keep evolving the show as he goes along. Makes me wonder whay format he'll use for the festivals.

And this being like a one off show again, I'm thinking this will be like Bloomsbury or Little Noise, something unique.

Oh yes there's definite fatigue and tiredness, I don't question that for a second. I was KNACKERED traveling to London by train all that time during February! Plus getting a cold because of all the queueing...

and I'm not talking about the gigs themselves, I just mean the general buzz and feeling you're supposed to get on the actual day. That kind of "I'M ABOUT TO SEE A POPSTAR IN CONCERT!" feeling rather than "Just popping up the road to see Mika" feeling. Do you get me?

Though to be honest, I wasn't even that excited about my first gig :roftl: I can't remember how old I was...15?...but I went to see The Osmonds with my mum, nan and my nan's friend (yeah, it was really rock'n'roll) in Brighton at the place where Mika done his gig. I just...wasn't excited. Sure I think The Osmonds are alright (I only agreed to go to cos I thought Donny was gonna be there, but he wasn't lol :roftl:) but...I don't know. It just wasn't a big deal to me. I remember being in my seat and thinking "I can't believe I'm seeing these guys in the flesh" but it wasn't an OMG moment, it was just..."Oh...that's cool."

I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird :aah:

Oh yes there's definite fatigue and tiredness, I don't question that for a second. I was KNACKERED traveling to London by train all that time during February! Plus getting a cold because of all the queueing...

and I'm not talking about the gigs themselves, I just mean the general buzz and feeling you're supposed to get on the actual day. That kind of "I'M ABOUT TO SEE A POPSTAR IN CONCERT!" feeling rather than "Just popping up the road to see Mika" feeling. Do you get me?

Though to be honest, I wasn't even that excited about my first gig :roftl: I can't remember how old I was...15?...but I went to see The Osmonds with my mum, nan and my nan's friend (yeah, it was really rock'n'roll) in Brighton at the place where Mika done his gig. I just...wasn't excited. Sure I think The Osmonds are alright (I only agreed to go to cos I thought Donny was gonna be there, but he wasn't lol :roftl:) but...I don't know. It just wasn't a big deal to me. I remember being in my seat and thinking "I can't believe I'm seeing these guys in the flesh" but it wasn't an OMG moment, it was just..."Oh...that's cool."

I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird :aah:

I think the thing that kept it going, was the excitement of meeting everyone before the gig, that never changed.

I've always had a sense of excitement before every show I've been to, from the beginning of me starting to go to concerts. It's like a new adventure every time.

What's so difficult about Netherlands? It's like Neverland but with a TH instead of a V. Bah if we were taught properly at school or Waterstones stuck with what we were taught at school I would have well not spent ten minutes on my knees searching the lower shelves. :sneaky2:

Nothing difficult, we're just lazy:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Don't say that, I might regret not going:roftl:

Just been checking one of the festival news websites, and there is a strong rumour, that Mika IS playing Glasto this year!

No news on which day yet, so I'll keep my eyes open when the line up is announced.

Archived