MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YOU'VE BEEN TO MIAMI? AND YOU WENT BY CRUISE? That's pretty epic, Laurel.

My mum hates flying, so our "holidays" consisted of Pontins or Center Parcs (yes, I know that's American spelling, but that's how the company spell it.) :blink:

I mean, I love Center Parcs, but we went there all the time and I was never old enough to do things like get a massage or whatever. I was stuck with swimming or badminton. :huh:

We did go to Jersey once...I swear it's like, 25minutes on a plane...I was so FREAKIN' excited (I was running around like an animal the previous night and woke up in the morning with a cramp in my groin, had to be taken to hospital and everything ON THE DAY OF THE FLIGHT :aah:) and my mother was an absolute nightmare.

Pilot: We are now about to land

Mum: *looks out the window* WHERE'S THE LAND? CAN ANYONE SEE LAND?! OMG WE'RE GOING TO CRASH INTO THE SEA

Honestly, that's no exaggeration either.

It all changed in Sept '05 though...went to America for 2 weeks with my best friend and his mum :wub2: Then a year later I went to Italy for 5 days to celebrate my cousin's wedding...and then last year I went to Egypt with 3 work friends :wub2:

Honestly, going places is THE BEST.

Why don't you want Mika knowing who you are? :roftl:

It was pretty Epic :wub2: We went to Mexico - Cozumel/Grand Cayman and Jamaica :wub2: Jamaica was utterly beautiful ... would love to go back there - it was so so nice for my mum though ... she's always wanted to go on a cruise - and the only holidays we've ever gone on funnily enough were to Pontins too (Hemsby - when I was 10/11/12 and 14) That was it - my Aunt was celebrating her Golden Wedding Anniversary and took us and paid for everything - there were 10 of us who went - other aunts and uncles and her daughter and husband - she paid for everyone - I never thought I'd ever get to go anywhere so It was an amazing experience :biggrin2:

Because I keep making a fool out of myself, that's why:roftl:

Don't be silly, Mika might...find it...cute? :aah: And at the pub party I asked Mika if he was going to play WAG. WAG. Not "We Are Golden", WAG. That was pretty goofy :aah:

It was pretty Epic :wub2: We went to Mexico - Cozumel/Grand Cayman and Jamaica :wub2: Jamaica was utterly beautiful ... would love to go back there - it was so so nice for my mum though ... she's always wanted to go on a cruise - and the only holidays we've ever gone on funnily enough were to Pontins too (Hemsby - when I was 10/11/12 and 14) That was it - my Aunt was celebrating her Golden Wedding Anniversary and took us and paid for everything - there were 10 of us who went - other aunts and uncles and her daughter and husband - she paid for everyone - I never thought I'd ever get to go anywhere so It was an amazing experience :biggrin2:

Oh my goodness!!! They are amazing places to go to!!! My half sister got married in Jamaica.

Don't be silly, Mika might...find it...cute? :aah: And at the pub party I asked Mika if he was going to play WAG. WAG. Not "We Are Golden", WAG. That was pretty goofy :aah:

Oh my goodness!!! They are amazing places to go to!!! My half sister got married in Jamaica.

It's gorgeous ... we went on a bus ride around the island ... :wub2: Loved loved loved it ... Grand Cayman is bloody expensive though ... We didn't really see Cozumel ... we hopped on a boat to Mexico proper ... and went to see some Mayan Ruins ... now that was amazing ... bloody hot ... I would love to go to Egypt ... just to see the Pyramids etc ... am fascinated by all of that history :blush-anim-cl:

It's gorgeous ... we went on a bus ride around the island ... :wub2: Loved loved loved it ... Grand Cayman is bloody expensive though ... We didn't really see Cozumel ... we hopped on a boat to Mexico proper ... and went to see some Mayan Ruins ... now that was amazing ... bloody hot ... I would love to go to Egypt ... just to see the Pyramids etc ... am fascinated by all of that history :blush-anim-cl:

Egypt is lovely, we went in July and so the weather was often mid-forties. We went on a submarine which was cool and our resort was right by The Red Sea, which is mega salty but very clear and beautiful.

I wanted to see the Pyramids and stuff because I LOVE culture and geographic history, but the coach journey would have been 6 or 8 hours each way or something and one of my friends was 3 months pregnant, PLUS my other friends didn't bring a lot of money with them :blink: I really wanted to do it, but perhaps another time instead.

I'd love to go to Greece and see all the ruins and temples and stuff, I :wub2: Greek Mythology.

And of course there's Japan but everyone knows that story :aah: and I wouldn't mind traveling round America, either.

And I wouldn't mind going on a Safari in South Africa...

Now, to get the money...:teehee:

.....Anyway. Reality. Yay Cornwall! :yay:

If anyone gets there early enough on the Saturday, take a trip to Tintagel, and go to King Arthurs castle. It's quite a breathtaking view out there.

If anyone gets there early enough on the Saturday, take a trip to Tintagel, and go to King Arthurs castle. It's quite a breathtaking view out there.

It is! I have loads of family down in Cornwall, all over the place. So we go to a different part every year. We're staying in Perranporth for a week in May. I did ask if we could visit the Eden project, just to hype myself up even more about the gig. But Mum said no :boxed: Ah well I guess. We're going to Tintagel again though :biggrin2:

It is! I have loads of family down in Cornwall' date=' all over the place. So we go to a different part every year. We're staying in Perranporth for a week in May. I did ask if we could visit the Eden project, just to hype myself up even more about the gig. But Mum said no :boxed: Ah well I guess. We're going to Tintagel again though :biggrin2:[/quote']

My friend used to live in Tintagel, and we used to go to, Polzeth and Perranporth beaches in the summer.

Loved my holidays down there:biggrin2:

Polzeath is nice too :original: And the beach at Perranporth is amazing! Isn't that the one with the salt water swimming pool on the beach? :boxed:

I'm not sure' date=' I just remember the kick ass waves coming in:naughty:[/color']

I'm not sure, I just remember the kick ass waves coming in:naughty:

Yeah :roftl: We've been to that beach so many times, and when I was about 5, we hired wet suits and surf boards and did some major surfing. Well, not for me...I was all kitted out in my suit, and all I did was splash around :biggrin2: That was in about April.....very cold!

Polzeath is nice too :original: And the beach at Perranporth is amazing! Isn't that the one with the salt water swimming pool on the beach? :boxed:

Nope the one with the salt water swimming pool is Bude. Perranporth is just as good though. If I remember rightly it has sand dunes. There are strong rip currents though, so you have to be careful in the water.

Morning everyone :bye:

I was just wondering about some of the terms and conditions. It says you aren't allowed to film anything or take digital cameras. It said that at the Brighton gig too, but when we got there, we were actually allowed to take as many pictures and videos as we wanted. Do you think that will be the same case here?

actually, someone counted 11 weeks and 1 day or something?

ORLY? I thought I saw it was 12 weeks and 1 day but I'm going down on the Saturday so 12, or 11, weeks it is!

*counts*

Yes! 11! Even better!

ORLY? I thought I saw it was 12 weeks and 1 day but I'm going down on the Saturday so 12, or 11, weeks it is!

*counts*

Yes! 11! Even better!

11! The weeks are going by without us even realising! :lmfao: Ah good times. I put my time off slip in today :biggrin2:

Archived