MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just need to say something. I got my time off slip back today and the dates 26/27/28th June have not been approved because too many people have booked that time off. I don't know how many exactly but I know of 3 people so far; one is going to be in France, it's another person's birthday and someone else is seeing Paul McCartney in Hyde Park even though they haven't actually bought the ticket yet...

I'm trying to see if I can swap a weekend with someone because there has to be more than 3 people off on the same dates in order for my request to not be approved, the cinema has many employees and will no doubt hire more for the summer.

I am going to Southend tomorrow so will pop in the cinema if I can; the manager who deals with time offs will be in tomorrow and I'll see if I can have a word. If worst comes to the worst I'll see if I can get someone to cover my shifts when the time comes (we know our shifts every week...)

Considering I put my slip in just over two months in advance I thought I'd be safe, but apparently not O.o

I'm so gutted, I could have cried when I saw the note. I'll do my absolute best to make this, though. I've been so hyped up about this!!!

I just need to say something. I got my time off slip back today and the dates 26/27/28th June have not been approved because too many people have booked that time off. I don't know how many exactly but I know of 3 people so far; one is going to be in France, it's another person's birthday and someone else is seeing Paul McCartney in Hyde Park even though they haven't actually bought the ticket yet...

I'm trying to see if I can swap a weekend with someone because there has to be more than 3 people off on the same dates in order for my request to not be approved, the cinema has many employees and will no doubt hire more for the summer.

I am going to Southend tomorrow so will pop in the cinema if I can; the manager who deals with time offs will be in tomorrow and I'll see if I can have a word. If worst comes to the worst I'll see if I can get someone to cover my shifts when the time comes (we know our shifts every week...)

Considering I put my slip in just over two months in advance I thought I'd be safe, but apparently not O.o

I'm so gutted, I could have cried when I saw the note. I'll do my absolute best to make this, though. I've been so hyped up about this!!!

NOOOOO!!!:shocked:

I hope you can get someone to swap with you, would be great for you to come down:wink2:

NOOOOO!!!:shocked:

I hope you can get someone to swap with you, would be great for you to come down:wink2:

I want to come down. UBER BADLY. One of my team leader's just told me that she and her Team Member boyfriend are going away, and someone else has just told they want that weekend off as well!! FFS!!!! Out off all the weekends they could have chosen!!!

So that's FIVE people off. FIVE. FIVE. Non-negotiable. Off limits. I'll just have to see if I can get any freakin' shift swaps...

Beer garden type of place please .. . me and viv ster will be there :biggrin2:

yup going to be fab, lets hope the weather is perfect.

PS been away from Mfc a bit so whats going on with the T.shirts? are they orderable etc etc? if so I need a link to mine and maybe Roses if she needs me to pay for it for her in advance.

yup going to be fab, lets hope the weather is perfect.

PS been away from Mfc a bit so whats going on with the T.shirts? are they orderable etc etc? if so I need a link to mine and maybe Roses if she needs me to pay for it for her in advance.

I think Jazzys stil awaiting the approval, but Mikafish managed to get the design and get it printed on another site. See if she can tell you where:thumb_yello:

And yes please, if that's okay?

I think Jazzys stil awaiting the approval, but Mikafish managed to get the design and get it printed on another site. See if she can tell you where:thumb_yello:

Ah good idea, if you see her first ask Vicky to send me the link and Jazzy needs to send me the files etc for the designs, so if you see her first too ask her to send me them, need to order them cos I keep leaving things till it's too late and I dont want to do that.

Ah good idea, if you see her first ask Vicky to send me the link and Jazzy needs to send me the files etc for the designs, so if you see her first too ask her to send me them, need to order them cos I keep leaving things till it's too late and I dont want to do that.

Okey dokey:thumb_yello:

She got it done on Cafepress, it's just that she ordered it before they put a block on the design.

Cause a scene!:sneaky2:

Cause a scene!:sneaky2:

I want to come down. UBER BADLY. One of my team leader's just told me that she and her Team Member boyfriend are going away, and someone else has just told they want that weekend off as well!! FFS!!!! Out off all the weekends they could have chosen!!!

So that's FIVE people off. FIVE. FIVE. Non-negotiable. Off limits. I'll just have to see if I can get any freakin' shift swaps...

:no:

There are 2 things I can do:

1) Frantically search for people to cover my shifts when the time comes

2) get a new job where I don't have to work weekends

:sneaky2:

anyways, i have to go dancing now so I'll catch ya later

:no:

There are 2 things I can do:

1) Frantically search for people to cover my shifts when the time comes

2) get a new job where I don't have to work weekends

:sneaky2:

anyways, i have to go dancing now so I'll catch ya later

Become Mika's fulltime background dancer...they ya go, problem solved:mf_rosetinted:

Oh right' date=' I see :huh:

Well hope it all works out OK, would be good to meet :original:[/quote']

Yes be nice to meet you too :thumb_yello:

Caz ... just go sick ... :teehee:

I'm such a bad person :lmfao:

Hmm yes they wouldn't be suspicious at all would they, knowing I wanted those dates off and then seeing pictures of me in Cornwall on Facebook :fisch:

:aah: Besides, I'm way too much of an honest person, I hate lying :(

Everybody say woo everybody say yah, there's a party in the UK:mf_rosetinted:

My boss said I could switch my days off:naughty:

WOO YAH!!!

We will party the ass off Cornwall!:thumb_yello:

Everybody say woo everybody say yah, there's a party in the UK:mf_rosetinted:

My boss said I could switch my days off:naughty:

Yaaaayyy!!! :woot_jump:

Now for me to do the same thing...:teehee:

I emailed my manager, and she wrote back saying "well it wasn't me you gave the slip to so I have written a note for *insert manager's name here* for feedback" :aah:

And then there were interviews going on today...and one of my team leader's said he wasn't gonna hire anyone...and then another team leader said "no we need to hire loads of people" and I was like "YES YOU DOOOO!!! I NEED TIME OFF!!!!" :roftl::roftl:

WOO YAH!!!

We will party the ass off Cornwall!:thumb_yello:

Now I need to get it all worked out:roftl:

Yaaaayyy!!! :woot_jump:

Now for me to do the same thing...:teehee:

I emailed my manager, and she wrote back saying "well it wasn't me you gave the slip to so I have written a note for *insert manager's name here* for feedback" :aah:

And then there were interviews going on today...and one of my team leader's said he wasn't gonna hire anyone...and then another team leader said "no we need to hire loads of people" and I was like "YES YOU DOOOO!!! I NEED TIME OFF!!!!" :roftl::roftl:

An advantage of a male boss is just puppy eyes and he's sold...at least mine is. The only time it didn't work I got so pissed at him I scared him with my evil glare:naughty:

Archived