MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

Hellooo :bye:

Just wondered what's happening with queuing? And also if we get to meet Mika?! Never done a gig like this before :original:

Being an outdoor gig' date=' in a place that's not your typical venue, it's hard to know how queueing will work. So I guess we have to play it by ear.[/color']

For the latter, again will have to see how things go afterwards, not knowing the layout and how things will go.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being an outdoor gig, in a place that's not your typical venue, it's hard to know how queueing will work. So I guess we have to play it by ear.

For the latter, again will have to see how things go afterwards, not knowing the layout and how things will go.

Ok then, thanks :thumb_yello:

Just I saw something on another thread saying about numbers or something, and the people who get there first get their name put on a list and they get to meet him. So I didn't know if that was the case or not? :original:

Ok then' date=' thanks :thumb_yello:

Just I saw something on another thread saying about numbers or something, and the people who get there first get their name put on a list and they get to meet him. So I didn't know if that was the case or not? :original:[/quote']

No no no, the numbers are so the queue stays in order without people having to stay in the same spot for hours on end. It just means we can hang out and chat, then get in order before we get let in. It also means we can pop off and go to the loo or get something to eat without worrying about losing our spot.

On the European tour, John's been wonderful enough to let a set amount of people in before the doors open, so the ones who have been queueing all day get their front row spot without any drama or pushing. You don't get to meet him just cos you get a number though.

However, if you stick with us, we'll find out where to go afterwards - we're like bounty hunters when it comes to Mika...we get him cornered when he least expects it...:roftl:

No no no, the numbers are so the queue stays in order without people having to stay in the same spot for hours on end. It just means we can hang out and chat, then get in order before we get let in. It also means we can pop off and go to the loo or get something to eat without worrying about losing our spot.

On the European tour, John's been wonderful enough to let a set amount of people in before the doors open, so the ones who have been queueing all day get their front row spot without any drama or pushing. You don't get to meet him just cos you get a number though.

However, if you stick with us, we'll find out where to go afterwards - we're like bounty hunters when it comes to Mika...we get him cornered when he least expects it...:roftl:

I'll defo be sticking with you guys! I so want to meet him again, would really love a picture, with him and us MFC peeps, or just me and him. Either would do!

But I'm not going to convince myself I'll get that, because I know sometimes he doesn't want to, and also there are laods of other people who would like that too :original:

But maybe just to talk to him and give him a gift...maybe :wub2:

We'll all just have to see! :biggrin2:

For the Birthday Project, someone suggested singing something acapella...they suggest Happy Ending but I'm thinking we should sing something more upbeat like...ONE FOOT BOY?

I mean it has loads of layers so it will be easy. Have you seen the Live@Home gig? Watch the performance of One Foot Boy. They only had a piano so it's easily done!! A few hand claps and it will be magical. It's not even like there are loads of harmonies (like Happy Ending), it's just layers. The only harmony is "I think my mind is gone, I'm left here wondering was I crazy all along..."

In the video they don't even sing the high bit "Don't staaaaaaaaaay too close to me..." and it still sounds really good, so it can be done without worrying about that!

We could have about 3 groups....we can start off with clapping and shouting "ONE FOOT BOY! ONE FOOT BOOOOY!" like they do in the video, then everyone can sing "What's the matter with going places, take that gross look off your faces..."

And then group one can go "I'll say nothing on your microphone till you swear to take me home" and while they're singing that, group two can sing "phone...home..." and then group two can sing "there's a one foot boy eleven stone sitting on my shoulder" and group 3 can sing "boy...stone, sitting on my shoulder" then group 3 can sing "I'm too scared to look away, comes here almost everyday" and group one sings "way....day" so they all get a go, and it's better than one group singing the whole block because there's no pause for breath.

Then group two can sing "and everyday I push him off and tell him Boy, We're Over" then groups one and two can sing "My, Oh My".

Two groups can sing "I think my mind is gone..." but each group sings a different harmoney...one high, one low...

The reason I decided two groups instead of everyone is because the harmonies will be even, and then when we sing "One Foot Boy" the sound will be even bigger. A crescendo, if you will. :pinkbow::teehee:

Then the same for the next verse "Say you like me, not with changes..."

The "I'll say nothing on your microphone" this time round will be a bit different. As you know there are two groups singing things at the same time, so the spare group can whisper "Mi-KUH" at the right moments, cos if you listen to the actual song (not the acoustic version) there is a hint of Mika whispering...well, his own name :roftl: So for example, when singing the first line:

Bold = harmony

I'll say nothing on your microphone

The "Mi-KUH" happens during the "rophone" but really accentuate the "KUH"

Then during the last bit, we can have two groups singing "One Foot Boy! One Foot Booooy!" and then one group singing "Happy On My Own"

Make sense?

Yes, I've thought way too much about it.

I have no doubt the queuing matter will be sorted out. There's nthing MFCers can't sort out :biggrin2:

Aaahhhh Wish i could do this gig :aah: Looks "freak"ing amazing :roftl:

Told the mother I'm going to Cornwall, she was fine with it...should I tell her about Dammy?

Er...no. I don't think so. :aah:

:roftl::roftl:

I'm still surprised my mum was alright with it. No doubt there will be more questions towards the time LOLZ. Ooooh it's next month guyz!

And its the sunday... I have stupid school on the monday :sneaky2:

I had to book time off work, that was a nightmare and a half :lmfao:

It's about 10 hours for Fred and Sparkly.

Rose, look on the previous page and read my massive post...:biggrin2:

I'm still surprised my mum was alright with it. No doubt there will be more questions towards the time LOLZ. Ooooh it's next month guyz!

Haha I told my Mum the MFC was descending on St Austell and she was like 'are these people you've met on the internet?' and I said yeah and she said 'oh okay then'. Hahaha.

Haha I told my Mum the MFC was descending on St Austell and she was like 'are these people you've met on the internet?' and I said yeah and she said 'oh okay then'. Hahaha.

:lmfao:

Check out my long post on the previous page, you need to take part :teehee:

I had to book time off work, that was a nightmare and a half :lmfao:

Rose, look on the previous page and read my massive post...:biggrin2:

I saw, I wouldn't mind having a crack at the "Don't stand so close" harmony. Was practising in the van yesterday, it's getting better:thumb_yello:

I saw, I wouldn't mind having a crack at the "Don't stand so close" harmony. Was practising in the van yesterday, it's getting better:thumb_yello:

so long as you can hit the note, that's all that matters :roftl::roftl:

I just kinda announce it, not even ask:roftl:

Archived