MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

Anyone can (and do) wear sailor shirts. I guess, in theory anyone could wear a penguin shirt - but it is less likely :naughty:

Suppose it would be a shock if we all turned up in penguin shirts of course :wink2:

Could you imagine the looks we'd get in the pub, if we all did that?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you imagine the looks we'd get in the pub, if we all did that?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Could be even better that the 2am motorway cafe dessed as a penguin eating cooked breakfast incident :roftl:

Could be even better that the 2am motorway cafe dessed as a penguin eating cooked breakfast incident :roftl:

I guess that is pretty hard to top:naughty:

But I will most likely be getting quite inebriated, so who knows! :teehee:

I guess that is pretty hard to top:naughty:

But I will most likely be getting quite inebriated, so who knows! :teehee:

Yes, but I am guessing that you will be getting dressed whilst sober :naughty:

And...............if I recall, we were all actually sober on the previous occasion :wink2::roftl:

Yes, but I am guessing that you will be getting dressed whilst sober :naughty:

And...............if I recall, we were all actually sober on the previous occasion :wink2::roftl:

This is true, which makes me wonder what will happen when I get drunk with a bunch of MFCers, if I'll do that when sober!:naughty:

This is true, which makes me wonder what will happen when I get drunk with a bunch of MFCers, if I'll do that when sober!:naughty:

Well, tbh, I was just thinking.................we will probably get funny looks anyway - no matter how we are dressed :naughty:

Oh well, best try and get some sleep I suppose. Bye for now Rose. :biggrin2:

Well, tbh, I was just thinking.................we will probably get funny looks anyway - no matter how we are dressed :naughty:

Oh well, best try and get some sleep I suppose. Bye for now Rose. :biggrin2:

Guess I should too!

Night/Morning Kath:wink2:

I thought with St Austell being on the coast people might go for the sailor t shirt, but it seems everyones obsessed with the penguin!:naughty:

Pssht, you don't have to be by the sea to go nautical, Rose. I'm nautical every damn day and I live in Romford and Crewe!

AND OOOOOOOOOMG.

5 weeks freaks!!!

Pssht, you don't have to be by the sea to go nautical, Rose. I'm nautical every damn day and I live in Romford and Crewe!

AND OOOOOOOOOMG.

5 weeks freaks!!!

I'll probably get it after, and wear it at V:naughty:

5 weeks, can hardly wait.

The only thing is it's straight after his Lebanon gig, and I worry that it won't be as immense for him!:no:

I'll probably get it after, and wear it at V:naughty:

5 weeks, can hardly wait.

The only thing is it's straight after his Lebanon gig, and I worry that it won't be as immense for him!:no:

Well he's doing lots of appearances and festivals, why should this one be particularly special anyway?

Well he's doing lots of appearances and festivals, why should this one be particularly special anyway?

Even though he says he's not rooted to any one place, the Lebanon show was really special for him the last time he did it, so I can't see it would be any less special this time.

Even though he says he's not rooted to any one place, the Lebanon show was really special for him the last time he did it, so I can't see it would be any less special this time.

No, I meant Eden, why should Eden be "immense" for him?

No, I meant Eden, why should Eden be "immense" for him?

I don't think I phrased that right.

I don't think that Eden would be immense for him as much as any of the others, but being the gig directly following the Leb show, I worry it won't be as exciting (for want of a better word) for him.

I don't think I phrased that right.

I don't think that Eden would be immense for him as much as any of the others, but being the gig directly following the Leb show, I worry it won't be as exciting (for want of a better word) for him.

Well I guess we can't know. Anyway, he only lived in Lebanon a short time, so I wonder how emotionally attached he can be to that place either. Again I can't know, but sometimes he talks the kind of **** he thinks people want to hear doesn't he?

Well I guess we can't know. Anyway, he only lived in Lebanon a short time, so I wonder how emotionally attached he can be to that place either. Again I can't know, but sometimes he talks the kind of **** he thinks people want to hear doesn't he?

This is true:naughty:

As a fairly new member, could someone fill me in on the penguin story:thumb_yello: Feeling a bit lost here:blink:

Guess that'll be down to me then:naughty:

Long story short.

Mika does interview at LDN Zoo, where he says they named a penguin after him, and let him name another (Humphrey). At the time everyone was doing the dress up thing, as characters from the album (LG, BG, Billy Brown etc), but some people dressed up in various random costumes. I thought it might be fun to do this, so remembering the interview, and loving penguins myself, I decided to dress up as one.

I wasn't planning to do it all the time, just for certain gigs, like the Somerset House one, and I took it to Munich, as it was my first ever Euro gig. At this time Andy was filming constantly for Mika, to document the tour for 07, and my friend Ioana, pointed me out to him as the person who made the MFC flag.

Well from then on, I kind of got adopted (for want of a better word), and Andy asked if I could wear the costume all the time, which wasn't my plan, but as he asked so nicely, I didn't want to be rude and refuse. Now I thought this was off Andys own back that he was asking, for his film, but it turned out everything was done through Mika's instruction, which I discovered that at Birmingham, when Andy told me, and Mika himself at Brixton, more or less hinted he was trying to get the costume off me!

So that is pretty much the story of the penguin.:naughty:

Guess that'll be down to me then:naughty:

Long story short.

Mika does interview at LDN Zoo, where he says they named a penguin after him, and let him name another (Humphrey). At the time everyone was doing the dress up thing, as characters from the album (LG, BG, Billy Brown etc), but some people dressed up in various random costumes. I thought it might be fun to do this, so remembering the interview, and loving penguins myself, I decided to dress up as one.

I wasn't planning to do it all the time, just for certain gigs, like the Somerset House one, and I took it to Munich, as it was my first ever Euro gig. At this time Andy was filming constantly for Mika, to document the tour for 07, and my friend Ioana, pointed me out to him as the person who made the MFC flag.

Well from then on, I kind of got adopted (for want of a better word), and Andy asked if I could wear the costume all the time, which wasn't my plan, but as he asked so nicely, I didn't want to be rude and refuse. Now I thought this was off Andys own back that he was asking, for his film, but it turned out everything was done through Mika's instruction, which I discovered that at Birmingham, when Andy told me, and Mika himself at Brixton, more or less hinted he was trying to get the costume off me!

So that is pretty much the story of the penguin.:naughty:

Oh I see. Now I won't be so lost.

When you say Mika hinted that he was trying to get the costume 'off you', did you not say he could have it if he took it 'off you' personally!!!:naughty:

Oh I see. Now I won't be so lost.

When you say Mika hinted that he was trying to get the costume 'off you', did you not say he could have it if he took it 'off you' personally!!!:naughty:

In hindsight, I wish I had, but me not being very bright in moments like that, said he couldn't have it!:aah:

:clap: Hurrah for our favourite :penguin:

Well you're biased:naughty:

So what do you think I should wear?

(Probably the stupidest question I've asked today:naughty:)

Archived