Mika @ Festival Mawazine, Rabat: 22-05-2010

Droopsy

I go there :woot_jump:

...and I'm going to try to meet him but that isn't easy, we are not in France or in England here :naughty: Everything is more difficult and the guards are rough :aah:

Sorry for my english, I have difficulty writing and I use a translator :blush-anim-cl:

Oh, sorry to hear about that, hope you get lucky and get to see him...:thumb_yello:

Don't forget to post a report, we'll be waiting...:wink2:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and I'm going to try to meet him but that isn't easy, we are not in France or in England here :naughty: Everything is more difficult and the guards are rough :aah:

Sorry for my english, I have difficulty writing and I use a translator :blush-anim-cl:

Good luck!! Have fun! :yay:

And don't forget the report! :naughty:

Oh good luck! I hope you get a chance to speak to him. Enjoy the show.

I dearly love a good translator!

Enjoy!

Have fun at the show!!!

Looking forward to your report! :wub2:

Yeah wow that's a really good translator isn't it? We can understand everything perfectly. :thumb_yello:

When a freckin translator starts translating better than me i should consider giving up on my career...:naughty:

When a freckin translator starts translating better than me i should consider giving up on my career...:naughty:

Well no translator can pick up on the subtleties of humour. You've got them beat there. :wink2:

Well no translator can pick up on the subtleties of humour. You've got them beat there. :wink2:

It's really funny though how some people to whom English is a second language, and a couple that spring directly to mind are Wonka and Kata, completely get the humour thing and do understand the subtleties of the language in general, including slang, yet others who are very proficient, don't.

I of course only fully understand English, with a smattering of a few other languages, but just a smattering, so I bow to all ESLers. :bow:

It's really funny though how some people to whom English is a second language, and a couple that spring directly to mind are Wonka and Kata, completely get the humour thing and do understand the subtleties of the language in general, including slang, yet others who are very proficient, don't.

I of course only fully understand English, with a smattering of a few other languages, but just a smattering, so I bow to all ESLers. :bow:

i think that people's personnality also helps in understanding subtleties in another language.

slang is an entire different beast altogether though :naughty:

I dearly love a good translator!

Enjoy!

Kind and Fine :wub2:

Oi! Whattabouta me? :blink: I don't get it? :sneaky2:

Ouuufffa!

Wonka - 1, Google translator - 0...

:biggrin2:

And we bow to you, O Mighty Sarky Fokker! :bow:

i think that people's personnality also helps in understanding subtleties in another language.

slang is an entire different beast altogether though :naughty:

Slang is hard yes, but there are so many good dictionaries online, Guy...:mf_rosetinted:

Ouuufffa!

Wonka - 1, Google translator - 0...

:biggrin2:

And we bow to you, O Mighty Sarky Fokker! :bow:

Slang is hard yes, but there are so many good dictionaries online, Guy...:mf_rosetinted:

i'm mean without using slang dictionnaries... just by reading :naughty: slang is often a regional thing. freddie's slang is quite special :aah:

jemma gave me a crash course on some of her slang words, it was so funny! :naughty:

i'm mean without using slang dictionnaries... just by reading :naughty: slang is often a regional thing. freddie's slang is quite special :aah:

jemma gave me a crash course on some of her slang words, it was so funny! :naughty:

Freddie's slang is hysterical, i've adopted a lot of words...:naughty:

Jemma's hilarious :naughty:, and yes, FD speaks a whoooole other slang of his own :roftl:

Freddie's slang is hysterical, i've adopted a lot of words...:naughty:

Jemma's hilarious :naughty:, and yes, FD speaks a whoooole other slang of his own :roftl:

freddie leaves me with question marks hanging above my head :aah:

jemma's seem to make sense, once explained :naughty:

but you know, hubby caught me using a word (i forget which one) and said "since when do you say that?" and i had to admit that i picked it up in here! :aah:

edit: i think it was knackered :teehee:

can't wait to see pix of that gig, or hear about it... wonder if he has that inflatable stage set already that he talked about. well ok i wonder if we will EVER get to see that, you'll never know with mika... :naughty:

have fun, to those who are going. :wink2:

Archived