WEATHER for Hammersmith Gigs

CazGirl

The answer is right there lolz. I'm bringing a bin bag as well, so I can sit in it and not get wet :roftl: Yes, I know I iz a genius :mf_rosetinted:

These super cute girls in Manchester had bin bags to keep the wind off their legs and they worked really well!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having frozen my ass off at least 7 times in the last couple of weeks, I'm not getting there for Hammersmith till a sensible time, like when the doors open. If I'm at the back, well so be it. I've never before been to gigs where people queue so ridiculously early. I think for future gigs, tickets purchased via MFC/Sandbag (i.e. by us lot) should be coded, and a special priority queue set up for those people so they're let in first (a bit like the O2 priority queues). Then we could all turn up at about 6pm and still be at the front. Doesn't seem like rocket-science to me.

Having frozen my ass off at least 7 times in the last couple of weeks, I'm not getting there for Hammersmith till a sensible time, like when the doors open. If I'm at the back, well so be it. I've never before been to gigs where people queue so ridiculously early. I think for future gigs, tickets purchased via MFC/Sandbag (i.e. by us lot) should be coded, and a special priority queue set up for those people so they're let in first (a bit like the O2 priority queues). Then we could all turn up at about 6pm and still be at the front. Doesn't seem like rocket-science to me.

You're absolutely right, Enigma, it's quite simple, and how the system should work.

At Leeds I was chatting to John and the venue security guy about this whole queuing and O2 priority queue business, and I mentioned that the fans who bought tickets from the official presale should be getting the priority treatment, and instead were being screwed over.

I think that this is something that TM need to urgently address, because it will not get any better and in the end, Mika will end up with random O2 (or any other place) customers at the front, who don't give a toss about his show, and his fans will have given up and be stuck at the back. Nobody wins.

You're absolutely right, Enigma, it's quite simple, and how the system should work.

At Leeds I was chatting to John and the venue security guy about this whole queuing and O2 priority queue business, and I mentioned that the fans who bought tickets from the official presale should be getting the priority treatment, and instead were being screwed over.

I think that this is something that TM need to urgently address, because it will not get any better and in the end, Mika will end up with random O2 (or any other place) customers at the front, who don't give a toss about his show, and his fans will have given up and be stuck at the back. Nobody wins.

I don't know how it panned out at Leeds in the end, but at Glasgow, Newcastle, and I think Birmingham (from what Bexxy told me), both queues went in at the same time, so we all got good spots.

Thank you for these "good" news about rain, cold ...

In France tonight and tomorrow , we are living with a great storm quite all over the whole country.

i only hope that the flight to UK won't be cancelled, it would me become crazy;

I was watching the weather forecast this afternoon, and the rain we're getting ( and heavy winds too folks) are coming over from Europe, so it'll be following you Lilli!!!:shocked:

The answer is right there lolz. I'm bringing a bin bag as well, so I can sit in it and not get wet :roftl: Yes, I know I iz a genius :mf_rosetinted:

These super cute girls in Manchester had bin bags to keep the wind off their legs and they worked really well!

Just like last time at Hammersmith, bin bags ahoy!:naughty:

It's not JUST because it's London. :naughty:

It's just because people have a history of inviting their 45 best friends to join them in the queue several hours after everyone else gets there. If you want to avoid 45 people queue jumping in front of you, you get there first. And so it began in London in 2007...

If people behaved themselves all those years ago we wouldn't be dealing with this madness today.

Glasgow and Newcastle were a dream, hardly anyone there before midday. And even then not many til around 4pm.

Funny thing at Newcastle at about 6pm, this woman turned up and was moaning to a security guard that she wanted to get near the front to which he replied, "you have to get here early to these shows, some folk were here for 1pm, and I've seen people here earlier, for some shows. If you want to be at the front you have to do what these people do".

Glasgow and Newcastle were a dream, hardly anyone there before midday. And even then not many til around 4pm.

Funny thing at Newcastle at about 6pm, this woman turned up and was moaning to a security guard that she wanted to get near the front to which he replied, "you have to get here early to these shows, some folk were here for 1pm, and I've seen people here earlier, for some shows. If you want to be at the front you have to do what these people do".

It's not exactly rocket science is it...(though I think early morning for Mika gigs is definitely daft :naughty:)

this thread moved me and cracked me up at the same time!! :teehee:

was going to post in the apollo threads my question about the weather forecasts and here we go, with lovely mfc'ers providing some useful and sensible info!! :wub2:

too bad about the rain :sneaky2::sneaky2: I'm not starting to queue at an insane time, nor I plan to on monday, but I'dn't have minded to enjoy some of london without rain on monday as well.

I'll make sure to bring good boots. :thumb_yello:

thanks again, caz, you are a star. :wub2:

In case some of you haven't checked, it's going to CHUCK IT DOWN.

THE ENTIRE DAY.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8

It's only going to be 5 degrees celsius, so make sure you have coats, hoods, umbrella's, sensible shoes etcetc. And if you're queueing at ridiculous o'clock for whatever bizarre reason (IMO :naughty:) at least you now know that you might end up going home with a nasty cold.

Don't say I didn't warn ya :naughty:

Oh, and it'll be raining on Monday too.

I was watching the weather forecast this afternoon, and the rain we're getting ( and heavy winds too folks) are coming over from Europe, so it'll be following you Lilli!!!:shocked:

Maybe the srtrong wind will push my plane earlier this morning?

so , now i am leaving home and hope to see all of ue at noon!:thumb_yello:

Archived