Mika sings with Boyzone

Boyzone girl

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was singing the part Stephen sings on the BoyZone single, they weren't leaving him out at all.

This was a tribute to Stephen, and it was the last song he recorded with them, and Mika was lovely enough, as the writer to step in and sing with them. And it was fantastic.

Like I said, I wasn't sure. Ahh, ok that makes sense then, I was wondering if he was singing his part.

It was very very good! :thumb_yello:

I would've loved to see the whole thing...

Awwwwww, your gran is so sweet!

I just have to say wow. I do enjoy Boyzone's version, but having Mika sing with them was amazing. It sounded incredible.

Even though I have heard Mika's demo of it (and don't worry mods, I have no intention of posting links or giving it to people), I hope he doesn't release his own version.

Even though he wrote it, I don't feel like he owns it anymore. It truly is Boyzone's song.

And is it weird that I want to see Mika sing in a boy band sort of set up again? :blink: I though he worked so well with the guys... :fangurl:

Okay, I better stop fangurling now!

I agree with loving Boyzones version, but I still want Mika to release his version, I mean, Boyzone didn't change the core of the song much, they just polished it up a lot. No offense to anyone, I still love Boyzone's version.

(By the way, is there a way I can buy the single in CD format?? I hate buying digital)

Like I said, I wasn't sure. Ahh, ok that makes sense then, I was wondering if he was singing his part.

It was very very good! :thumb_yello:

I agree with loving Boyzones version, but I still want Mika to release his version, I mean, Boyzone didn't change the core of the song much, they just polished it up a lot. No offense to anyone, I still love Boyzone's version.

(By the way, is there a way I can buy the single in CD format?? I hate buying digital)

now why would Mika release a version of "I gave it all away" when boyzone just released it? it makes no sense at all. apart from us hardcore fans, i doubt it would make it anywhere.

"i gave it all away" is a beautiful song, don't get me wrong, i love it and would buy it.

but i don't find it is a song that suits mika. as if it was written for someone else and not particularly for him to sing it.

now why would Mika release a version of "I gave it all away" when boyzone just released it? it makes no sense at all. apart from us hardcore fans, i doubt it would make it anywhere.

"i gave it all away" is a beautiful song, don't get me wrong, i love it and would buy it.

but i don't find it is a song that suits mika. as if it was written for someone else and not particularly for him to sing it.

I can tell he wrote it, more so after a recent article: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22301

"I feel like I'm loosing a bit of myself when I say it" <- his thoughts on saying I love you.

The lyrics:

"..will learn to love and learn to try

not to give it all away (give it all away)"

He's writing about that in my opinion. I get what your saying though because I used to feel the same way until I heard him singing it and that.

It makes sense to me for him to release it, I should of been more clear, I was thinking in terms of like "Over my Shoulder" where you don't even realize that sing is on the CD and (well I hope not this part, it is quite annoying in iTunes) is stuck to "Happy Ending" and you wonder why Happy ending is 12 minutes long. Kinda like that. An extra for us "hardcore fans". :biggrin2:

I watched it last night and after concluding how well and tastefully it was performed my first thought was that with his height Mika would have never fit in any boyband since even most guys look like dwarves next to him...:teehee:

(Plus he would have faced difficulty in trying to coordinate his moves:naughty:)

I watched it last night and after concluding how well and tastefully it was performed my first thought was that with his height Mika would have never fit in any boyband since even most guys look like dwarves next to him...:teehee:

(Plus he would have faced difficulty in trying to coordinate his moves:naughty:)

Mika has long legs:teehee:

:roftl: Seeing Mika in a boy band is about the strangest sight I had in a while. I never saw him there and now I still don't - even though I did. :roftl:

I mean I would love seeing him even if he performed with [insert name of whatever atrocious band (no that I think boyzone are that!)] but that's just because I love seeing him. I don't think he looked 100% comfortable there.

I still love the song. It's like made for a boy band like that. But I prefer Mika's 8-times-himself version. :biggrin2:

Thanks a lot for the upload and the link! :flowers2:

:roftl: Seeing Mika in a boy band is about the strangest sight I had in a while. I never saw him there and now I still don't - even though I did. :roftl:

I mean I would love seeing him even if he performed with [insert name of whatever atrocious band (no that I think boyzone are that!)] but that's just because I love seeing him. I don't think he looked 100% comfortable there.

I still love the song. It's like made for a boy band like that. But I prefer Mika's 8-times-himself version. :biggrin2:

He is not a boy band type at all... He had to control himself all the time :teehee: But still, love seeing this one too, thanks so much for the upload!!! :wub2:

about the show yesterday and a bit about Mika!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1259620/Nadine-Coyle-joins-Boyzone-stage-emotional-Stephen-Gately-tribute-night.html

And Mika, who wrote the band's latest hit Gave It All Away, joined the band on stage and sang the track with them.

The song was originally meant to be their comeback single and Gately had laid down vocals for it around two years ago - however Mika wouldn't allow them to release it at the time.

But after Gately died last October aged 33 as a result of a congenital heart defect, Mika has changed his mind and given the group the go ahead to release it as a tribute.

Speaking about the song and Stephen's passing, Mika said: 'I was shocked and saddened to hear about Stephen's passing. He touched so many people's lives both with his music and with his wonderful personality.

'It's an honour to hear him sing my song. I wish all the best to the rest of the boys. I'm proud of the song and proud of their version.'

I would've loved to see the whole thing..

Here is a link to the whole hour tribute in six parts.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shnickyfairy#p/u

From what I understand Mika didn't write Gave It All Away for someone else.

He wrote it then changed his mind about recording it.

I am glad that he didn't record it.

Boyzone has done a beautiful interpretaion of Gave It All Away.

Kudos Boyzone!

Soooo did anybody else cry?

.... I sure didn't....

i'm a bad liar.

Me too!

I keep forgetting how TALL Mika is!

I prefer Mika's version too. It's more intense, more emotional. But I also think that Boyzone did a good job with the song, they sung in a really nice way.

It's like made for a boy band like that. But I prefer Mika's 8-times-himself version. :biggrin2:

I prefer Mika's version too. It's more intense, more emotional. But I also think that Boyzone did a good job with the song, they sung in a really nice way.

I never thought I would say this - but - I really love Boyzone's version of Gave It All Away! :shocked::shocked:

Now that I have heard Mika sing it by himself I really like Boyzone's interpretation & sound.

I am shocked at myself. :shocked::shocked:

I am still enjoying watching Mika sing with Boyzone though.

Life is full of surprises!

Fair enough...

I think some people have ordered it online. I'll have to find it online too, I don't like to download music and besides, I can't find it here!

I agree, especially with the bold bit.

and I can't believe i'm saying this... but Mika looks really good in the middle of a boy band.

I think he does too... I wouldn't like to see him there all the time though...

Here is a link to the whole hour tribute in six parts.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shnickyfairy#p/u

Thank you!

Watching it now!

Fair enough...

I think some people have ordered it online. I'll have to find it online too, I don't like to download music and besides, I can't find it here!

I agree, especially with the bold bit.

I think he does too... I wouldn't like to see him there all the time though...

Thank you!

Watching it now!

I think its only released on the Boyzone album

ive seen it in the shops =)

id buy it if it was just the singlelol

xx

I think its only released on the Boyzone album

ive seen it in the shops =)

id buy it if it was just the singlelol

xx

I haven't even seen the Boyzone album anywhere. I do live in Australia after all and unless it's someone really popular right now, there's no chance of seeing it...

Wait, the album has been released, right? :blink:

Archived