Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let me try to calm everyone down here.

Our initial effort this morning was just to get everyone to back off a bit --

not to kill anyone's enthusiasm.

We just wanted you to SAVE your enthusiasm for AFTER the single had

actually been played on the air.

No one was trying to make anyone feel bad or stupid or anything.

I'm sure Mika is VERY appreciative of all the support he gets from us here.

We just need to learn to reign ourselves in a bit sometimes -- because even

when you have good intentions, things can get out of control.

Please let's not point fingers at anyone or continue to argue over who

did what when to whom.

What's done is done and we can't undo.

Let's just learn and move on...

We can all certainly write to the various Radio 1 DJs and others asking

them to play Kick-Ass without feeling any regret, OK? :thumb_yello:

Thx for the info!

Dont think i felt "bad" about the 3 tweets, 2 emails and ? re-tweets... :blink:

Thx for the info!

Dont think i felt "bad" about the 3 tweets, 2 emails and ? re-tweets... :blink:

I said I felt bad because I didn't want this all to end negatively. I was just trying support Mika but looks like it was a bit overboard...but I know I wasn't the only one involved. We were wrong. I apologised for what I did, and now I'm moving on.

Okay - this ought to get me in trouble.

But - here goes.

Mika asked Karen last night, at the end of the gig, to get his fans to help Kick-Ass "explode" today because of the Greg James radio show.

I have read nothing but criticisms of over eager Mika fans this morning.

It would be really nice if the Mods had laid out what you want instead of "jumping" on fans trying to do their best to help insure Kick-Ass is a hit.

Sorry - but this could have been avoided very easily.

Now - if you want to jump all over me or criticize me - go ahead.

Aww, no ones having a go at you hun:group_hug:

No Mellody only did what Mika asked her to do, blame it on the mika :mf_rosetinted::wub2:

I cant even be bothered with this, as a certain Nan would say..."what a loada old SH*T"!!!

Mellody passed on a msge, we did what we thought was asked for if that was wrong then tuff, it's done now and maybe TM & Mika should talk these things through before things like this happen.

some things in this thread have got right up my nose and left a terrible smell, bad enough to make ya wanna :puking: Ive seen vids of Mika being asked to perform like a performing monkey at M&G's THAT annoys me more than this crap.

I'm outa here had enough for today, and you can point fingers and rip my head off too, I'm so sick of this stuff now.

PS. I may regret having MY opinion later but right now.... I'm angry and Iv'e not even read the whole thread!

Edited by sparkly1

This is no big deal , we took it off front page , it calmed down .. all was rosy in the garden :thumb_yello:

No need to make a large mountain out of a molehill:biggrin2:

So kick ass .. good single? :biggrin2:

love it :fangurl:

stuck in my head again

I'm outa here had enough for today, and you can point fingers and rip my head off too, I'm so sick of this stuff now.

PS. I may regret having MY opinion later but right now.... I'm angry and Iv'e not even read the whole thread!

I'm sorry you're leaving without having read through the whole thread, Viv.

If you get a chance, go back and read my post from a page or so back...

hope that explains everything better for you.

No Mellody only did what Mika asked her to do, blame it on the mika :mf_rosetinted::wub2:

I cant even be bothered with this, as a certain Nan would say..."what a loada old SH*T"!!!

Mellody passed on a msge, we did what we thought was asked for if that was wrong then tuff, it's done now and maybe TM & Mika should talk these things through before things like this happen.

some things in this thread have got right up my nose and left a terrible smell, bad enough to make ya wanna :puking: Ive seen vids of Mika being asked to perform like a performing monkey at M&G's THAT annoys me more than this crap.

Viv, what are you talking about? :blink:

This is no big deal , we took it off front page , it calmed down .. all was rosy in the garden :thumb_yello:

Great Single!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

love love love the single :fangurl:

Cant wait to buy it! Hope he will do it live... someday... :wub2:

A week later & I still can't get enough of Kick-Ass!!

134,000 views on the most popular Kick-Ass vid at youtube with lots of honours.

42,000 views at the MikaSoundsOfficial vid with more honours.

Kudos Mika!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Kick Ass? Haven't heard of it.

*goes to listen to it repeatedly* :teehee:

-

Does anyone know if the radio version is online yet? I clearly missed everything that happened but I'm curious to hear the little changes that were made. :)

Great single :wub2:

But I think I've missed something here! What actually happened with Twitter? I've been at school so I managed to miss the R1 show, but I was hoping to listen again....

But looking through the thread it looks like there's been some trouble. But the thing is, I haven't been able to find what actually has happened....from what I got, the Kick - Ass single got played on R1, something happened on Twitter and then Team Mika (the mods? Never heard of TM before.... :boxed:) had to calm it down before peeps got in trouble?

CRY!!!!!! I'm confused and I don't know what happening and I think I'm just going to go and hide in a corner till I understand if the MFC are in some kinda trouble or not..... :emot-sad::blowup:

Those trailers are available all over the world though. :naughty:

these are the radio stations where I live: :teehee:

http://www.b937online.com/

http://www.wsslfm.com/main.html

http://www.sunny103-5.com/ <-- heard Mika here, once.. it was GK

http://hot981.com/listen/

http://www.wroq.com/

http://www.newrock933.com/

http://erictylershow.com/listen.html ( I barely pick this one up from where I live.. it's 2 hours away :aah: )

We really only have 2 stations that would actually play Mika.. b93.7 hates me just because I request him. :fish:

I don't know what to say, I mean if there were more Mika fans in America, they'd play him. Simple. :teehee:

I'm completely confused ... was at work so missed the show ... haven't emailed or twittered anyone either ... did it get good feedback after the show - or does noone know ... I just want it to be a hit :aah:

I'm completely confused ... was at work so missed the show ... haven't emailed or twittered anyone either ... did it get good feedback after the show - or does noone know ... I just want it to be a hit :aah:

well the kick ass cast said they liked it and that it was catchy, but after I heard the song I just switched off lol

well the kick ass cast said they liked it and that it was catchy, but after I heard the song I just switched off lol

So he never read out any of the feedback or anything ... oh well ... either they'll put it on a playlist or they won't - I just want it to be the next WAG ... and not Rain or BIOTG :aah: It needs playing ... :(