Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn, I missed hearing it on Britians radio didn't I? DX

Yes you did, but it wasn't that different. It started off with the piano instead of the chorus and ended with "WE ARE YOUNG!" instead of the fade out.

Greg said it was made by Mika and RedOne and the Kick Ass people said they liked it, it was catchy blah blah blah. Though I doubt they'd say they hated it if they didn't like it :naughty:

I have been listening to Kick-Ass so many times a day since last week on youtube.

Why is there an extra thrill hearing it on radio????

Strange isn't it? I've often sat in the car so I can finish listening to some song on the radio, even though I have it at home and can play it any time I like! Or maybe I'm just mad :wink2:

Yes you did, but it wasn't that different. It started off with the piano instead of the chorus and ended with "WE ARE YOUNG!" instead of the fade out.

Greg said it was made by Mika and RedOne and the Kick Ass people said they liked it, it was catchy blah blah blah. Though I doubt they'd say they hated it if they didn't like it :naughty:

I figured the song wouldn't be that different, but since Mika is never on the radio here it would of been awesome to hear it on the internet player knowing it was on the radio, and hear the announcers and that.... I'm weird like that I guess. :biggrin2:

You aren't mad!

I get it!

Greg James contacts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/gregjames/contact/

Hahaha, it's a shame I don't have twitter, otherwise I would tweet him. It would be odd to contact him any other way since I'm from the US!! Why would someone from the US request a song on British radio? XD

I'm not interested in making a twitter though... It's been tempting because of the help I could give...

You aren't mad!

I get it!

Greg James contacts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/gregjames/contact/

Can we please stop spamming Greg James??? I would rather he WANTED to play Kick Ass again, not have him go....oh no another bloody Mika fan.....:sneaky2:

he might NEVER play it again if we do this every time.

So let's stop the spam, OK?

Hahaha, it's a shame I don't have twitter, otherwise I would tweet him. It would be odd to contact him any other way since I'm from the US!! Why would someone from the US request a song on British radio? XD

I'm not interested in making a twitter though... It's been tempting because of the help I could give...

I am in Canada & I requested kick-Ass.:shocked:

If they think it is strange that I am listening to BBC radio then let them think me strange as long as they play Kick-Ass again & again.

:roftl::roftl:

Can we please stop spamming Greg James??? I would rather he WANTED to play Kick Ass again, not have him go....oh no another bloody Mika fan.....:sneaky2:

Totally agree.

You can go to the listen again feature, when they have it up after the show.

It'll probably be be in an hour or so, but I'll keep an eye out for you:thumb_yello:

I do agree with you, to a point.

The problem with R1, is they have djs who either like Mika or don't, and as far as I can see, the ones that don't seem to over shadow the ones that do.

Now I'm not saying spamming these dj's is the answer, because it isn't, but it wouldn't matter to them anyway, because they already have their minds made up.

It's the programmers we need to get onto, as they are the ones who set up the playlists. They seem to think they know what we want to hear. So the more of us who get onto THEM, I think the better.

Because if they don't think there is a big listener base for him out there, they won't put him on the play list.

I do agree with you, to a point.

The problem with R1, is they have djs who either like Mika or don't, and as far as I can see, the ones that don't seem to over shadow the ones that do.

Now I'm not saying spamming these dj's is the answer, because it isn't, but it wouldn't matter to them anyway, because they already have their minds made up.

It's the programmers we need to get onto, as they are the ones who set up the playlists. They seem to think they know what we want to hear. So the more of us who get onto THEM, I think the better.

Because if they don't think there is a big listener base for him out there, they won't put him on the play list.

and how can you get in contact wth em?

We are not the only people in the world who can help this go to #1. Grace Kelly didn't have us all on twitter for hours....he did it all by himself. The stength of Kick Ass should do it.

Edited by Blue Sky

Okay - this ought to get me in trouble.

But - here goes.

Mika asked Karen last night, at the end of the gig, to get his fans to help Kick-Ass "explode" today because of the Greg James radio show.

I have read nothing but criticisms of over eager Mika fans this morning.

It would be really nice if the Mods had laid out what you want instead of "jumping" on fans trying to do their best to help insure Kick-Ass is a hit.

Sorry - but this could have been avoided very easily.

Now - if you want to jump all over me or criticize me - go ahead.

and how can you get in contact wth em?

Here is the link to contact R1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/help/contactus/

I would select contact R1 enquiries, and ask about the possiblity of getting Mika considered on the playlist.

Don't word it to harshly or they may just ignore you, but don't get gushy about Mika either, or they may not take you seriously.:thumb_yello:

I know what Mika asked, and as mods we are not here to police your twitter.

No fingers are being pointed here, we are just relaying information we received.

Ho-kay, fair dos. (It's like Big Brother here sometimes :aah:)

We are sorry Team Mika :sweatdrop: We meant no harm :original:

(EDIT: Was it quite a strong email or just a "thanks for the support but you guys can stop now, kthxbai"? They weren't horrible were they? :blink::aah:)

Edited by Blue Sky

Peeps can we move on please .. Mika did say that to mellody then I took a call from TM and it being on the front page wasnt the right thing.

Not a question of over reacting or anything , Mellody did what she thought was right then .. things moved on ..

They key word here was to subtley move on .. a tear up in here wont do anything .. moving on really will

Its gone now .. things happen

I know what Mika asked, and as mods we are not here to police your twitter.

No fingers are being pointed here, we are just relaying information we received.

Did TM ask for no spamming then?

The problem is how can we support him, and try to help get his records played, if we can't contact these people and tell them we want it played?

He's getting absolutely NO play on Radio 1 AT ALL, except the odd play of GK or WAG, when they can be bothered!

It's really frustrating!

Edited by Blue Sky

I am in Canada & I requested kick-Ass.:shocked:

If they think it is strange that I am listening to BBC radio then let them think me strange as long as they play Kick-Ass again & again.

:roftl::roftl:

Just catching up here... I'm in the US and I listen to the BBC radio 1 a lot, I've been requesting Kick-Ass and other Mika songs for the Saturday a.m. request show. Reggie Yates does the Saturday request show.