Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

I

Assuming you all know what "spam" means. One tweet to a DJ is not spam. Posting repeatedly to one DJ is spam. Posting repeatedly on your own twitter is spam too, but it doesn't affect anyone else except your own followers.

agree with that. having problems with my internet connection atm (am on the train to hamburg), that's why i only got parts of what happened... but the thing is, there are many of us, and if each just had written one tweet, mail or text to radio one when the song came on, in the lines of "hey, that song was really cool, i'd love to hear it again on your radio station", it probably would've been perfect. but from what i read on here, people wrote multiple tweets to the DJs, maybe along the lines of "play more mika!!!"... that was not really the purpose of the whole thing. :sad: really hope we haven't done too much damage by that, it would be such a shame! :sad:

maybe i can catch up a bit tonight with all the things that happened, like i said, connection here on the train is awful, been trying to send this post for 10 minutes now. :aah:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - this ought to get me in trouble.

But - here goes.

Mika asked Karen last night, at the end of the gig, to get his fans to help Kick-Ass "explode" today because of the Greg James radio show.

I have read nothing but criticisms of over eager Mika fans this morning.

It would be really nice if the Mods had laid out what you want instead of "jumping" on fans trying to do their best to help insure Kick-Ass is a hit.

Sorry - but this could have been avoided very easily.

Now - if you want to jump all over me or criticize me - go ahead.

I agree with you. While it's true that if we continuously tweet on DJ, they'll get sick of it and it might put them off. However, it's not right that DJs will not play Mika or put his song on the playlists. We had that trouble with Rain. The week it came out it should have been on R1's A-list, and it wasn't on any list. I complained and others did too, but it did no good.

It seems to me that they think that Mika has a few fanatic fans, and the rest of humanity can't stand him! I also think they didn't expect him to last, and just wish he and his fans would go away.

But as someone has said. Grace Kelly made it to number one without twitter, but I will go on the link that has been posted and request that Kick Ass be put on the playlist.

I agree with you. While it's true that if we continuously tweet on DJ, they'll get sick of it and it might put them off. However, it's not right that DJs will not play Mika or put his song on the playlists. We had that trouble with Rain. The week it came out it should have been on R1's A-list, and it wasn't on any list. I complained and others did too, but it did no good.

It seems to me that they think that Mika has a few fanatic fans, and the rest of humanity can't stand him! I also think they didn't expect him to last, and just wish he and his fans would go away.

But as someone has said. Grace Kelly made it to number one without twitter, but I will go on the link that has been posted and request that Kick Ass be put on the playlist.

I hate spam.

For the record I sent one email after they played Kick-Ass.

I am counting on this "listen again" feature Rose talked about.

Grace Kelly was only number 1 because he was new, promoted everywhere and was hailed as being the next big thing. Of course we all know the song is good, but he was also supported really well.

Mika hasn't really had any support since the new album hit the shelves and we're all disappointed for him and frustrated at the lack of support. We just want him to do well. I can understand that the constant tweeting was too much, for which I personally apologise for (I think I tweeted 2 or 3 times) but we really didn't mean any harm. We just want to help him the best we can because we want him to be successful.

Hopefully this won't backfire at all, I'd hate to see that happen. Mika deserves all the good things because he's such a hardworker.

EDIT: Just gone through my Twitter and have seen I tweeted more than I realised. Whoops :boxed:

Grace Kelly was only number 1 because he was new, promoted everywhere and was hailed as being the next big thing. Of course we all know the song is good, but he was also supported really well.

Mika hasn't really had any support since the new album hit the shelves and we're all disappointed for him and frustrated at the lack of support. We just want him to do well. I can understand that the constant tweeting was too much, for which I personally apologise for (I think I tweeted 2 or 3 times) but we really didn't mean any harm. We just want to help him the best we can because we want him to be successful.

Hopefully this won't backfire at all, I'd hate to see that happen. Mika deserves all the good things because he's such a hardworker.

Shame on you Caz!!:shocked::shocked:

:roftl::roftl:

What's going on in here?!? Calm down people. I think we've overdone our role as fans. So good, I didn't even know what to tweet and I haven't tweeted at all. :shocked::lmfao: I'm no good with this kind of promoting. I'd rather buy his music and get him up in the charts.

Here is the link to contact R1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/help/contactus/

I would select contact R1 enquiries, and ask about the possiblity of getting Mika considered on the playlist.

Don't word it to harshly or they may just ignore you, but don't get gushy about Mika either, or they may not take you seriously.:thumb_yello:

I have written in. I said that Mika is a songwriter who has inspired many others, including Lady Gaga and that I hope the DJs will give Kick Ass and Mika the airtime that it and Mika deserve.

EDIT: Just gone through my Twitter and have seen I tweeted more than I realised. Whoops :boxed:

I tweeted 3 times & e-mailed twice...

Edited by Dark Angel

Shame on you Caz!!:shocked::shocked:

:roftl::roftl:

No honestly, I feel really bad now. I mean, these guys get new tweets every second and we only wanted our tweets to be noticed, I didn't want to spam the dude, but it looks like I accidentally did just that :blink: I don't want to be considered a crazy fan, because if you see how I am at a Mika gig or around Mika himself you'll see that I'm not some over excited, annoying idiot. That really isn't how I want to come across, because I know that's not what I am. I just wanted Radio 1 to show Mika some support :blink:

No honestly, I feel really bad now. I mean, these guys get new tweets every second and we only wanted our tweets to be noticed, I didn't want to spam the dude, but it looks like I accidentally did just that :blink: I don't want to be considered a crazy fan, because if you see how I am at a Mika gig or around Mika himself you'll see that I'm not some over excited, annoying idiot. That really isn't how I want to come across, because I know that's not what I am. I just wanted Radio 1 to show Mika some support :blink:

Calm down, Caz! It's ok. Mika would be grateful to you, I'm sure! :wink2:

I'd like to echo that:thumb_yello:

I'm totally frustrated!

And if I did tweet a little too much, I apologise.

My frustration ISN'T with TM, I have no beef with them.

OK, let me try to calm everyone down here.

Our initial effort this morning was just to get everyone to back off a bit --

not to kill anyone's enthusiasm.

We just wanted you to SAVE your enthusiasm for AFTER the single had

actually been played on the air.

No one was trying to make anyone feel bad or stupid or anything.

I'm sure Mika is VERY appreciative of all the support he gets from us here.

We just need to learn to reign ourselves in a bit sometimes -- because even

when you have good intentions, things can get out of control.

Please let's not point fingers at anyone or continue to argue over who

did what when to whom.

What's done is done and we can't undo.

Let's just learn and move on...

We can all certainly write to the various Radio 1 DJs and others asking

them to play Kick-Ass without feeling any regret, OK? :thumb_yello:

Woe!

Slow down Caz!

You are going to trip over your tongue.

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

ohhh yeh peeps .. I was told Mika DOES not want to calm what we have here .. as if he would want to stop this fire and push we have for him

Nobody wanted that , front page of the MFC and all the tweets that went with it was just a little "too" much

We as a group , all of us needed to do this subtle :thumb_yello:

Not make a big deal of it (which we were.. well trying)

did what when to whom.

That IS very well said! :pinkbow:

Mama Mod saves the day! :biggrin2:

I don't want to be considered a crazy fan, because if you see how I am at a Mika gig or around Mika himself you'll see that I'm not some over excited, annoying idiot. That really isn't how I want to come across, because I know that's not what I am. I just wanted Radio 1 to show Mika some support :blink:

We are in two... I do not like even to me to be mistaken for a crazy fan who just saw Mika begins to scream and run to him... It's not me...

I wish only that Mika has the success that he deserves because he is a very talented singer with a beautiful voice and above all he don't feels a star.

Okay, I'll shut up :blush-anim-cl::aah:

EDIT: Before I do...please let me clarify...

I didn't feel as though people were pointing the fingers or blaming anyone. I just wanted to come clean to clear my conscience because I know I contributed a bit. I just didn't want people thinking ill of me :blush-anim-cl:

But what's done is done and we all learn from mistakes and all that malarkey.

Shutting up now :thumb_yello:

Edited by CazGirl

You did right .. really .. all is good ...

I guess he just doesnt know by now how passionate we are:roftl:

As I said above mika doesnt want to stop the passion .

:biggrin2:

.. as if he could

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

did what when to whom.

Thank you dcdeb. We all just want Mika to have another hit record, and tbh I think that TM could do their part in helping this to happen. Not just leave it up to the fans to do their job for them.