Mika takes off- the rise of the Prince of Pop

Sephira

Well, I may be wrong though :dunno: Maybe that's not what he meant...but it made sense to me.

And yes, White Musk is :fangurl: , I love it. I've worn it for many periods throughout my life, since I was around 18 or 20. A looong time :naughty:.

It makes sense to me now, too. And I really hope it means what you said - because smelly animals are...smelly.

To have used it over and over again must mean it's good! :biggrin2:

Does the scent last all day/a long time?

Just saw Jimmy's tweet. Would love to have that magazine/paper :wub2:

He's such a fangurrrrrl.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
his ungainly cosmopolitan voice half-estuarine

Estuary English is the dialect spoken in the southeast of England (particularly around the Thames and Thames Estuary), so they mean he's got a half-London type of accent/speech.

brimming with theories about golems, kabuki

Golem is a character in Lord of the Rings, so that might be what she's referring to :dunno: Kabuki is Japanese dance/drama. I don't know much about it but you can look it up if you're curious.

arpeggios

No idea. :roftl:

topped off with a trilby

It's a hat.

Somewhat portentously

I think she means it's an omen of things to come. He is literally filling Michael Jackson shoes and as the title of the article suggests he is on his way to becoming the prince of pop, figuratively speaking.

the wicker sofa

The sofa is made of pieces of wood woven together, like a basket

In fact, a Melkite. The Masses are in Aramaic.

It's a type of Catholicism practised in the Middle East and the services are in Aramaic which was the language of the region in early Christian times.

Kabuki is only play by men and the female character is play by man. I think that he give this example to illustrate sexual ambiguity.

Otherwise, yeah to what Christine says. This is tricky English even for native speakers (well, for me, anyway)

Ok, now that we have started the explanation of words, let me also post pictures of trilby hats:

41CTNegVOML._AA280_.jpg

They originate from the 1920s, I think but they were popular in many subcultures in '60s Britain and the funny thing about them is that they were (and still are) often worn by women as well.

....and...

completely off topic but I first heard of the word "trilby hat" in Wham Rap:

'If you’re a pub man, or a club man

Maybe a jet black guy, with a hip hi-fi

A white cool cat, with a trilby hat

Maybe leather and studs is where you’re at'

:teehee:

Thank you very much, my dear MFC-teachers! You are really helpful:thumb_yello::mf_lustslow:

They use it for some perfumes, I think that it's called musk. They do some "fake" imitations using synthetic musk, and incidentally one of them (White Musk from The Body Shop) is the one I'm wearing at the moment :naughty:.

I hope that that he doesn't try and pinch a bit of my skin off and put it in a bottle :sneaky2:.

I LOVE White Musk, I used to love a one called JUST MUSK too, it was an oil and I used to wear it all the time but you cant get it anymore :(

Wow! Beautiful article!

Mika is giggling. It is a nice sound, not pretty, but sincere and donkey-ish.:roftl:

Love it when he giggles. I think it sounds real nice:wub2:

it's medicine his giggle :wub2:

Fab interview, really interesting but he FIBS about not knowing how to flirt I think he doesnt know how NOT to flirt lol.

gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling when an interviewer "gets" him like we do :wub2:

He needs to get back to his flat, where he's working on a song inspired by a French short story, about a girl who falls in love with all the members of a rowing team in France in the 1920s, starts sleeping with them all and then becomes pregnant and doesn't know who the father is, so they all decide to adopt the child'. He bursts into laughter again. He's the weirdest person I've interviewed since Jarvis Cocker – both as brilliant as they are unworldly. I'm glad Mika is a rich and famous pop star. Most people are screwed up by fame, but I think he would be more screwed up without it.

I'ts a movie too, I've actually seen it....:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for posting!:thumb_yello:

You know what I think he keeps avoid saying, but might very well be true in his head? that the date shouldn't be his fan. :aah::roftl:

i had actually been wondering why he's never been asked that in interviews. :naughty: he said he's not picky though. :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I love this man. And I am in awe of this woman who could sum up what has taken us 3 years to fully discover, in what sounds like one interview with him.

that it took us 3 years though is mainly due to mika being so secretive until 2009. :teehee:

I hope that that he doesn't try and pinch a bit of my skin off and put it in a bottle :sneaky2:.

you should feel honoured if he wants to do that. :naughty:

You've only just noticed the pictures :doh:

Call yourself a fan :teehee:

:lmfao:

I kid ... I kid :teehee:

I don't think there were any pictures when I first checked this thread in the wee hours of the morning. :shun:

Now that's food for thought- good job one of the MFC knows enough to spot that- thanks

Edit- are you certain- they sure look like women?

It's just like Shakesperean times I think, all parts were played by men and if they needed a woman/girl they had a teenage/young boy to play the part.

I think that's right anyway...I could be wrong...

Archived