How do you think the third Mika's album will sound ?

Etoile2roses

OMG look what i found! :shocked: the cover of mika's new album!

2s69e1f.jpg

and i even found the tracklist:

1. we are zombies

2. gray skelly

3. blue eyeballs

4. blame it on the graveyard

5. big monster (you are beautiful)

6. dr death

7. shot in the middle

8. billy bone

9. pick your limbs up off the floor

10. bloody ending

doesn't it all fit perfectly to his live show?! :fangurl:

:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

(sorry, bit of a macabre mood tonight. :naughty:)

:roftl:

I'm hoping for songs in the style of Stuck In The Middle and Pick Up Off The Floor. Bit jazzy/swinging. He has a good voice for such a sound!

I'd also like to have a bit of a rock-like song with a nice guitar like Ring Ring.

And sing-alongers like Kick Ass, Dr. John and Billy Brown are always good :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG look what i found! the cover of mika's new album!

2s69e1f.jpg

1. we are zombies

2. gray skelly

3. blue eyeballs

6. dr death

7. shot in the middle

8. billy bone

10. bloody ending

doesn't it all fit perfectly to his live show?!

(sorry, bit of a macabre mood tonight. )

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Just discovered this new thread and going to die of laugh and excitement.

Mellody, you made my day!:clap::clap::clap:

As long as it still sounds like "Mika" I'm sure it will be phenomenal.

What's "Mika"? Addictive melodies and so-good-it-hurts vocals. As long as he doesn't autotune the hell out of his vocals or synth up the music too much, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

To move away from his amazing, crisp vocals or to move too far away from real instruments and prominent piano would be really disappointing. I think Rain and One Foot Boy are as far as he should go into synth territory.

I'm not really worried about lyrics, to be honest, since Mika's not the greatest lyricist, IMHO. The real sugar is the sound of his voice and his melody-creating superpowers. :naughty:

What's "Mika"? Addictive melodies and so-good-it-hurts vocals. As long as he doesn't autotune the hell out of his vocals or synth up the music too much, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

To move away from his amazing, crisp vocals or to move too far away from real instruments and prominent piano would be really disappointing.

Exactly. I think the production is key. It can change the song completely so he needs to be careful not to 'overdo' it.

I think Rain and One Foot Boy are as far as he should go into synth territory.

I like quality electropop / electronic dance music, like New Order or LaRoux, for example. Rain and One Foot Boy are absolutely fine in terms of the production. However, when a song does not require synths (e.g. BIOTG) there is no need to move acoustic instruments into the background to make space for silly, distorted sounds :cool:.

Yeah. But actually I hope it'll be just A BIT of electro. I don't really like when he adds all these beats and stuff:blink::naughty:

Emphatically seconded:thumb_yello:

That just made me think of Kiss... :blink:

i would love to hear some good old pop/rock... w. a few guitar solos in :mf_rosetinted:

Yes! I've thought for a while his albums could use a few guitar solos, I know the songs are written on a keyboard- and I don't want his basic sound to change- but maybe through all his touring, he might start seeing where a good guitar solo is needed

Since his first album was about his childhood, his second about his teenage years, I think the third one will be more about his adult-ness? :aah:

Maybe (though hasn't he said not, in an interview I can't quite remember?) though the (better timed this time) EP will cover the embryo years he's ignored so far, and conclude with with some falsetto gurgling. I'd seriously like to see one or two songs with political content, as it's clear from his interviews that he is genuinely up to date and concerned about current issus

omg, yes country! :roftl:

cowboy mikaaaaaaaaa :cowboy:

Yeah- he' look fab in the clothes, and isn't country music 90% whining? He's awfully good at that!

It'll be along the lines of his first and second album + the eps

its what we call the mika sound!!

i don't have a doubt. thats the mika sound, he experiments with everything - for example big band sound in i see you, rap in rain, chart-pop in kick ass, classical in the acoustic relax, etcetc

I don't know that I'd call I See You a Big Band sound, but it's quite fashionable at the moment- and I love it. Or even a civil war style, if he's telling the truth on the Kick Ass ost interview. I also hope he does another EP of songs too weird for the album- not repeating them on the album.

I'm not really worried about lyrics, to be honest, since Mika's not the greatest lyricist, IMHO. The real sugar is the sound of his voice and his melody-creating superpowers. :naughty:

I think the lyrics will come when he realises that he doesn't have to guard his privacy so freely. He has such depth and such an interesting quirky outlook- he could have help fillting his ideas into lyrics for all I care. At the moment, IMO, what he explains a song is about in interviews isn't properly chrystallised into the lyrics, which is vital if you want to play around with tunes that don't express the emotion he talks about. And maybe on the third album, there will be a song where lyrics and sound reinforce each other for a power blast.

But I'm still playing the first and especially the second albums over and over- there's no hurry

I just realized what I want to be there more - he has to play piano more. At the last gigs he does it less and less. It was his so to say trademark: powerful piano sound (let alone high voice, but I'm not speaking about it now). And I'm noticing him more and more walking at the scene in those song parts, where he used to sit and play piano.

2s69e1f.jpg

1. we are zombies

2. gray skelly

3. blue eyeballs

6. dr death

7. shot in the middle

8. billy bone

10. bloody ending

Brilliant:lmfao:

Mika's next album will be influenced by "German Schlager"

Best examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZdq1dTmsc&feature=related

Most of you don't understand the lyrics - believe me, that's better:roftl:

:roftl:

:puke::puking:

I also would go for the more stripped-down Mika (music wise :teehee:)...bit like Beck who likes to go from things like Midnight Vultures to Mutations.

He mentioned he admired Beck's career and I'd love Mika's career to have the same sort of twists and turns.

2s69e1f.jpg

1. we are zombies

2. gray skelly

3. blue eyeballs

6. dr death

7. shot in the middle

8. billy bone

10. bloody ending

:lmfao:

• 1 month later...

Wow, no one has written on this thread for a while now.

Guess there are enough other news about Mika at the moment to chat about. :teehee:

But that 3rd album is coming! So, what about something more funky from Mika for a change? I really love the combination of a melody with some really good funky beat.

I also like the show version of Rain much more than the older version on the CD. I wonder who came up with this idea.

Wow, no one has written on this thread for a while now.

Guess there are enough other news about Mika at the moment to chat about. :teehee:

But that 3rd album is coming! So, what about something more funky from Mika for a change? I really love the combination of a melody with some really good funky beat.

I also like the show version of Rain much more than the older version on the CD. I wonder who came up with this idea.

I like the new version better...I wish I could buy it actually...

I think I read somewhere that Mika said in a french interview that he is considering to write "a french album"...lyrics in french.... apparently it might be a french album with a Cardigans/Carpenters sound..... :blink: ...as long as it has good melodies I don´t care (country, funk, dance, folk...whatever).

Everytime when Mikas says his album will be completely different I always think: then you would have to stop writing melodies, darling....:boxed:

Thank god he is so obsessed with melodies that it wont happen.

I think I read somewhere that Mika said in a french interview that he is considering to write "a french album"...lyrics in french.... apparently it might be a french album with a Cardigans/Carpenters sound..... :blink: ...as long as it has good melodies I don´t care (country, funk, dance, folk...whatever).

really?? oooh....that'd be lovely...he really should do a French album. he has the perfect voice for it.

Archived