How do you think the third Mika's album will sound ?

Etoile2roses

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but what about the topics? What is he going to write about? That's more interesting to me. I hope nothing about Big Girls and Toy boys.

life on the road, dogs, houses, shoes, ... or maybe not. :teehee:

seriously though, I'm also very curious to find out what his subject matter will be this time around.

life on the road, dogs, houses, shoes, ... or maybe not. :teehee:

seriously though, I'm also very curious to find out what his subject matter will be this time around.

Hope something like that, yeah, life on the road, friendships, fame and glory...some more grown up stuff. If he writes a song about a dog I won't buy the album.

• 1 month later...
really?? oooh....that'd be lovely...he really should do a French album. he has the perfect voice for it.

then I can't understand single word of his song :tears:

i think he must put some rock in his 3rd albums, bcause that what makes GK, or WaG, or Love Today works. Jazz will be cool. Electro too. He did a great job with RedOne with Kick Ass :naughty:

I remember he saying like 'I gotta make hit singles in 3rd album, like grace kelly!' can't sure it was sarcasm or real...................

hi! this my first reply :) well he said third album will be "more simplistic pop, less layered than the last one":boxed::wink2:

than next songs would be just like 'good gone girl' ? if he does, I'll love that so much!!! its my fave :blush-anim-cl:

Hope something like that, yeah, life on the road, friendships, fame and glory...some more grown up stuff. If he writes a song about a dog I won't buy the album.

Seriously? I'd be really sad if he stopped writing about random things. Fame, love, etc. is all so cliché and there are enough people in the world writing songs about that stuff, in my opinion.

I love that he can look at a picture and make up an entire story. :wub2:

Seriously? I'd be really sad if he stopped writing about random things. Fame, love, etc. is all so cliché and there are enough people in the world writing songs about that stuff, in my opinion.

Yes, I know what you mean. :wink2: But those are the things that happen in his life right now: fame, touring, personal relationships & how his being a popstar influences those. And a dog, of course. :mf_rosetinted:

So it would be only logical if he would write songs about them.

But then again, who knows, he's Mika. Perhaps he's more interested in other things. :dunno:

The longer I think about it, the more I get the impression that he likes reflecting the past, not so much the present or future. Look at his column - it was all again about his childhood, parents, his problems & feelings as a teen, even in Italy. It seems to me he can't get away from it all. So perhaps the new album will again be about that? :dunno:

Yes, I know what you mean. :wink2: But those are the things that happen in his life right now: fame, touring, personal relationships & how his being a popstar influences those. And a dog, of course. :mf_rosetinted:

So it would be only logical if he would write songs about them.

But then again, who knows, he's Mika. Perhaps he's more interested in other things. :dunno:

The longer I think about it, the more I get the impression that he likes reflecting the past, not so much the present or future. Look at his column - it was all again about his childhood, parents, his problems & feelings as a teen, even in Italy. It seems to me he can't get away from it all. So perhaps the new album will again be about that? :dunno:

I don t think he actually talk about fame, he talks about things that inspired or affect him, as a high level part of his life or things that touches or scared him, he is not the kind to talk to only one categories of people, because he knows that a lot of people can relate to the songs he writes... Just my thought for now since it s not really easy to write on the board with my cellphone lol

I don t think he actually talk about fame, he talks about things that inspired or affect him, as a high level part of his life or things that touches or scared him, he is not the kind to talk to only one categories of people, because he knows that a lot of people can relate to the songs he writes... Just my thought for now since it s not really easy to write on the board with my cellphone lol

Do you mean him talking in interviews or writing about it in his songs?

Here's what I think: the last albums were all about identity issues and childhood and adolescence. But he did say that this will be the last album about the "Boy" issue. So what's next? All his songs are mostly about him & his emotions and what he has lived through. So I think if the next album is a natural consequence of the last ones it would be about Mika again, this time as an adult. As an adult he's famous, tours around but surely has fame & love issues and how to cope with fame and stuff. So prhps he will write about those. And since as an adult he's obviously more at ease with himself, I hope the new songs will be positive and happy ones.

That's how it should be. But at the same time I have the feeling he cant't quite get away from those identity/being accepted & loved/childhood & family issues - he still talk a lot about those in interviews and also in his Italian column.

Que sera, sera.... :teehee:

Do you mean him talking in interviews or writing about it in his songs?

Here's what I think: the last albums were all about identity issues and childhood and adolescence. But he did say that this will be the last album about the "Boy" issue. So what's next? All his songs are mostly about him & his emotions and what he has lived through. So I think if the next album is a natural consequence of the last ones it would be about Mika again, this time as an adult. As an adult he's famous, tours around but surely has fame & love issues and how to cope with fame and stuff. So prhps he will write about those. And since as an adult he's obviously more at ease with himself, I hope the new songs will be positive and happy ones.

That's how it should be. But at the same time I have the feeling he cant't quite get away from those identity/being accepted & loved/childhood & family issues - he still talk a lot about those in interviews and also in his Italian column.

Que sera, sera.... :teehee:

totally agree.... i would love to listen to new songs about mika´s present life... but i also feel he´s stuck in his past....

Here's what I think: the last albums were all about identity issues and childhood and adolescence. But he did say that this will be the last album about the "Boy" issue. So what's next?

what is a Boy issue? Is the boy a child or a teenager since you mentioned the first album is about childhood and adolescence.. Anyway, I don't think there is a clear dividing line between the first and the second album according to when these stories or experiences took place. Most of them feed from stories he was involved in / came across as a teenager.

totally agree.... i would love to listen to new songs about mika´s present life... but i also feel he´s stuck in his past....

I have discovered references to his "present life" experiences in several of his songs, particularly on the second album. I think no matter from what period the story is from, he can easily use it to reflect issues he is dealing with / emotions he has at the time of writing it.

I'd be really sad if he stopped writing about random things. Fame, love, etc. is all so cliché and there are enough people in the world writing songs about that stuff, in my opinion.

yes, I fully agree. I like his lyrics because they do not sound self-indulgent like many other artists'. One way to avoid it is not to talk about things in first person singular but rather, using a story and tell it from a story teller's point of view and also just telling the story without clear clues on how to interpret it.

OMG look what i found! :shocked: the cover of mika's new album!

2s69e1f.jpg

and i even found the tracklist:

1. we are zombies

2. gray skelly

3. blue eyeballs

4. blame it on the graveyard

5. big monster (you are beautiful)

6. dr death

7. shot in the middle

8. billy bone

9. pick your limbs up off the floor

10. bloody ending

doesn't it all fit perfectly to his live show?! :fangurl:

:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

(sorry, bit of a macabre mood tonight. :naughty:)

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl: That's great.. Thanks for making my day.. xD

Archived