MIKA @ Klaipeda, Lithuania! 1 August 2010

dcdeb

Hi there(: I am just another pretty crazy Mika fan.

Dreamy_Queen, You have nothing to be concerned about. Someone who told you about the whole do-not-speak-Russian situation either was Lithuanian himself, or "heard from somewhere". Lithuania, as well as Ucraine (You're from Ucraine, right?), has a whole history with Russia, therefore, some people might have this bad reaction to you, IF you start talking to strangers on the street using Russian. We do not like it. There are plenty, simply too many, Russian people who live in Lithuania for years without learning Lithuanian and many have this attitude as if WE have to know Russian. Ridiculous ! I think that's where the whole language rumour comes from.

My advice to you would be that if you need to ask for directions or something, please speak to others in English and ask them if they know any Russian (because most of all do speak Russian:). Oh, and among your own family, speak whatever language you want!((:

About Promenada: what I do know is that Amberton Hotel definitely offers free Internet in every single room. Obviously, Promenada is not as huge as Amberton but it still is a fairly expensive hotel, so my guess is that You'll have Internet access. If you need, you can ask them via email: hotel@promenada.lt

and it's not far away from Amberton:teehee:

Thank you for your answer!

I see, it was your first post, and it was dedicated to me :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, I'm from Ukraine.

I wish I could camp near the doors of Amberton :naughty: and secretly follow Mika everywhere he goes (i'm not a stalker :mf_rosetinted: but such a chance!!!)

I have another question. There is written, that cameras are not allowed. If we have it in our bags, will they notice? How is a reaction of security on it? Because the girls from russian thread were afraid of the security in Moskow, as they can take the cameras away from the owners! :boxed: I hope the private property is protected in Lithuania?

Will you be filming the gigs?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have another question. There is written, that cameras are not allowed. If we have it in our bags, will they notice? How is a reaction of security on it? Because the girls from russian thread were afraid of the security in Moskow, as they can take the cameras away from the owners! :boxed: I hope the private property is protected in Lithuania?

I will take mine anyways.. If it will be needed, I'll hide it as deep as I can in my bag when I go over the security. But I'm going there not to take pics, but to have a good time :biggrin2:

I will take mine anyways.. If it will be needed, I'll hide it as deep as I can in my bag when I go over the security. But I'm going there not to take pics, but to have a good time :biggrin2:

Agreed! I'll take mine as well, but I don't think I'll be like "don't jump, don't jump!! I'm takin a photo!" :aah:

When I was in "Whitesnake" concert, it was also phorobited to take cameras, but somehow the whole front row and even more in the back had them... :blink: So, the security will probably not not dig deep into your bag. But at that concert security by the stage was standing in front of cameras, pushed them away. Not a pleasant feeling, so it's better not to swing cameras them around. :thumb_yello:

About Russian language in Lithuania. The rule is simple: ask people over 30 in Russian and anyone younger 95% will speak English. I hope it helps. :wink2: We do not have such a negative attitude, that's just silly...

Girl, there are gonna be 15 000 people, I'm pretty sure the security won't have time to look through the bags carefully:blush-anim-cl: I've never heard from anyone that a camera would be taken away, but surely You shouldn't put it out there for everyone to see, I mean, the men have to obey rules, still:teehee:

If You have a fan-zone ticket, I'd say do take the camera, but otherwise, my personal opinion is that filming other people who're around ya or the screen with Mika's face is just not worth it. @ Metallica's concert, I videotaped, like, two minutes of the whole thing, but then I just dropped it and simply had the time of my life(:

I wish I could camp near the doors of Amberton :naughty: and secretly follow Mika everywhere he goes (i'm not a stalker :mf_rosetinted: but such a chance!!!)

I am soooo with You on this! I have no plans to fly to London any time soon, so what are the chances Mika will come to my little country twice?? I am planning though to wonder through the streets on the 31st of July ('cause that's the day he's coming), somewhere near Amberton, most certainly...:blush-anim-cl: The thing is Sea Festival is a pretty huge deal, and when it's half million people wondering on the streets with you, it's pretty difficult to notice even Mika:blink::teehee:

Even though I adore both groups, I really hope that the authors of the article have mixed something up, and both bands will have a 45-minute programme all together, not each one... Otherwise, we might be already tired when Mika shows up:teehee:

DAMMIT! GOT MIKA IMPULSE :blowup:AND BOUGHT LITHUANIA FAN TIX, WHO'S WITH ME!??!?

Really?? That's great!!! :aah: When are you coming to Klaipeda?

By the way (spam spam spam) I'm going to Barcelona in the end of august for 5 months to study.

And girl, I'm just 1 day younger than you. :shocked::biggrin2: Now that's a SIGN! I should meet you! :biggrin2:

Even though I adore both groups, I really hope that the authors of the article have mixed something up, and both bands will have a 45-minute programme all together, not each one... Otherwise, we might be already tired when Mika shows up:teehee:

I somehow also think they'll play just 45 min both, because Mika said in one interview his normal show was ~2 hours (if I remember well). So, only 45 mins of warm-up should be just right. :wink2:

Egle, totally trashing the thread right now, but damn girl, congrats with the studies in Spain! Hope You'll enjoy your stay! You see, I am currently learning some basic Spanish, 'cause I have this big dream to finish my second course somewhere in Spain (so that would leave me around 5 months to learn the language). If you have anything interesting or useful to tell, especially about the trade programme You're using (my guess would be Erasmus?), please write me a PM! Thanks!

Oh, what concerns Mika, does anyone of ya know if those who have fan-zone tickets will have the slightest chance to get to the back stage after the gig?:wink2:

I'm not experienced with gigs, so I have no idea about backstage, esp. with my hubby and daughter around.

Do you all have fan-zone tickets, girls? We shell attack the i row.

About support bands - are they starting at 20.00? Or it's Mika who will start at this time?

Are we allowed in at 18.00?

Which time are you going to start queuing - before (for example) 15 PM or after?

Really?? That's great!!! :aah: When are you coming to Klaipeda?

By the way (spam spam spam) I'm going to Barcelona in the end of august for 5 months to study.

And girl' date=' I'm just [b']1 day[/b] younger than you. :shocked::biggrin2: Now that's a SIGN! I should meet you! :biggrin2:

HEYA...im arriving afternoon of 31st in Klaipeda....and VIVA AQUARIANSS!!! HEHEH:drunk_sing::woot_jump:

You know I've been thinking... We have to arrive to the venue early, becouse... There will be a lot of people in the fan zone... Becouse some radio programs offers to win tickets to the concert (fan zone) and also one of biggest mobile connection supplier "Pildyk" bought about 300 tickets and users of that supplier can win tickets... So I'm guessing there will be a crowd in the fan zone.. And one think I'm not happy is that there will be a lot of people who knows just a few songs... Yesterday I was listening to one radio program and DJ talked with the woman who just won ticket... He asked her if she knows Mika's songs, and she replied "not exactly" the next question was will she go to the concert, the answear was "probably, but I don't know yet...." Anyway we have to be happy that we will have this concert :)

Foxxy, gifts to whom? Mika?

By the way, some sea-festival information for those who'll arrive earlier than August 1. There are gonna be a looot of stuff to go & stare at, but if You find yourself wandering around, go to Zveju Street (~5 pm), where random people will sing Mika's songs to win some tickets. Should be fun to listen! (and maybe laugh a little:blush-anim-cl:)

Dreamy_Queen, yap, people will be allowed to get in at around 6 pm. I'm gonna be with a whole company of friends, so we're planning on doing this: a part of our group will be at the place in the early morning (10 am?), some of us will come a few hours later to let the first ones go walk around, see some interestign events, get some coffee, then they'll come back, we're gonna go have lunch somewhere, and the whole circle goes round & round till the evening comes, and we're the first to come in:mf_rosetinted:

Well, girl!

We will do the next.

We will go to the venue soon after 10 AM to check if there is someone of you. If yes, we take our numbers.

Then I can allow my husband and daughter to go for some time, and stay myself for a while.

But I will have to go and feed my son from time to time, and put him to sleep in the middle of the day.

Though, I hope approximately from 3AM I will have a possibility to stay at the venue till the gig.

Actually, I wouldn't worry about coming very early too much.. Lithuanians are really slow people:teehee: I mean, 3 pm is a due time, but if your children aren't really in the mood to get up early, I wouldn't be concerned.. What I do assure you about is that you'll probably see a loooot of people around the gig place when you come, but it doesn't mean they're all there for the hunt of the first row(:

Anywho, for some reason, there aren't many fan-zone tickets, so even if we don't get inside first, it shouldn't matter to much as we should see everything(: Though I'm not sure about your girl! Maybe your husband will put her on his shoulders or smth(:

Yul$ Mc Fuls, here you go :)

http://www.ports.lt/kruiz.php?lang=EN

http://www.ports.lt/kontakt.php?lang=EN

In my opinion the best object is this hotel becouse it is located in the concert zone (practically)

http://www.oldmillhotel.lt/en/contacts/

btw Foxxy thank you for explaning M&G to me :D

thanx SUPER SIZE! found a nice hotel up the road from the"dr.who" club, going to paaarty with or without MIKA! LOL :biggrin2::wink2:

Girls, can you give me the address of the venue? I can't find it on the map exactly, the place seems too big to get the right location. How to get there?

Should we use a ferry to get to the venue? I hope no... because queuing will become much more expensive...

Girls, can you give me the address of the venue? I can't find it on the map exactly, the place seems too big to get the right location. How to get there?

Should we use a ferry to get to the venue? I hope no... because queuing will become much more expensive...

Hey, nobody can answer me?

BTW will someone be near Amberton 31.07? Are you going to wait for him? Is there any info about it?

BTW will someone be near Amberton 31.07? Are you going to wait for him? Is there any info about it?

Sorry, hun, I don't know :tears: You got to wait for locals I guess..

And yeah, we are going to bake a cake for Meeks and bring it to his hotel on 31st, since in one interview he told that he wants to have a REAL food while he's staying here :aah: And he's coming LAAAAATE on 31st :sneaky2:

Look here :)http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22708&page=3

And here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22708&page=4

I personally visited the venue - it is a port. When I was standing at it I saw a Old Mill hotel few hundred meters away. so the best orientation object is the Old Mill hotel http://www.oldmillhotel.lt/en/contacts/

I don;t think we will have to use ferry.

I'm not going to stay at Amberton on 31th cos I will be flying back from Helsinki gig to my home :)

Foxxy, you idea about cake is so sweet :) I hope Mika will like it :)

Archived