The DISNEY thread

lollipopgirl!

I LAB DISNEY! :wub2:

I lab Mulan, and Lion King, and the Little mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast, and Sleeping Beauty, and Hercules, and Cinderella, and Up, and Snow White, and Tarzan, and and and :swoon:

There's so many films and characters and songs and scenery-thingies I could fangirl about for pages and pages but I won't xD

hee hee heeeee, I'd love to be added ^-^;

Oh go on- fangurl away- and post pics/vids

These are my favourites

babymine.jpg

[/b]w.youtube.com/watch?v=5wt5Uj3KtYM"]Dawn Patrol

I Wanna Be Like You

We Are Siamese

lady1.jpg

Oh- and how could I forget

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

But these are all old ones- even the ones you lot call classic are new to me!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some new Disney is magical IMO- like The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

There are many modern Disney films that I like, including Up, but :

They are not "Disney" for me anymore. That's just a personal feeling. When I hear "Disney" I think of the traditional filmstyle without the 3D-effects, with a lot of music and singing and those cheesy-drippy-romantic storylines ;) . Maybe "The princess and the frog" brings back a bit of this feeling. Ah, and last but not least: Disney means for me: Cartoon. Like I said, it's just what it means to me me, not what it should be for everyone.

There are many modern Disney films that I like, including Up, but :

They are not "Disney" for me anymore. That's just a personal feeling. When I hear "Disney" I think of the traditional filmstyle without the 3D-effects, with a lot of music and singing and those cheesy-drippy-romantic storylines ;) . Maybe "The princess and the frog" brings back a bit of this feeling. Ah, and last but not least: Disney means for me: Cartoon. Like I said, it's just what it means to me me, not what it should be for everyone.

No maybe not- though at least it's got talking animals

But then I wouldn't call Pacohantas or Fox and Hound "classic" either- poss just because I was an adult (but not a mom) when they came out, but I think studio management had changed too?

The 3d effect takes out all the magic and detail from films. I consider DISNEY films all the ones in cartoon that have the classical touch or that I love so Pocahontas is in because I adore Pocahontas as a princess (much more mature and less whiny than the rest) and the colours and soundtrack are amazing.

My favourite Disney villain is Snow white's witch. I had so many nightmares about her and those eyes...

TheWitch.jpg

disneys-snow-white-01.jpg

totally creepy...

The 3d effect takes out all the magic and detail from films. I consider DISNEY films all the ones in cartoon that have the classical touch or that I love so Pocahontas is in because I adore Pocahontas as a princess (much more mature and less whiny than the rest) and the colours and soundtrack are amazing.

My favourite Disney villain is Snow white's witch. I had so many nightmares about her and those eyes...

TheWitch.jpg

disneys-snow-white-01.jpg

totally creepy...

i addor maleficent and hook

I know. I loved The lion king and many many others and still do so today. I definitely want to see the princess and the frog just to see whether it's as good as the old ones.

My english teacher says fairy tales and disney princesses are discriminating for girls as they are always saved by princes and wear dresses and all of that but when I saw them I didn't care and I don't dress like a barbie girl today so I don't see why so many people say that little girls shouldn't watch them.

Tell your teacher to watch Mulan. It's not a typical "I'm a helpless princess waiting for my prince" story. So isn't Lilo & Stitch. I don't see why children shouldn't watch Disney films. On the contrary, they are much better entertainment for little kids than all those TV shows where kids dress as if they were older. Kids used to dress their age in the 90's and before that. Disney doesn't have an impact on them anymore, and look how they dress and act now.

Lilo & Stitch was one of the last good old 2D Disney animations. I loved it so much in 2002 and I still love it. It came out the year when it had been 25 years since Elvis died, and it has an Elvis theme. It was one of those things that got me really fall in love with Elvis's music. For that I always treasure Lilo & Stitch. :wub2: And it's freaking funny too! :roftl:

I'm a big fan of the Disney animations. Always has been and always will. But I only like the 2D animations, not the 3D's that Disney made with Pixar. I have only seen the Finnish version of most of the Disney films I have seen, but I started buying them on DVD a few years ago, and I must say I prefer the original versions (although they have been well dubbed). Aladdin is an exception though. No one beats Vesa-Matti Loiri as the Genie of the bottle! :naughty:

My all time favourite Disney film is Beauty and the Beast. I heard Mika saying that he likes the candle stick man in it. Mika thought his name was Gaston! :lmao: It's Lumière, Mika. Get the facts right! :fisch: Gaston is the self-righteous bad-ass who tries to make Belle his wife, no matter what it costs. :teehee:

Oh wow! You're a GENIUS!

Please can i join!

Disney is just amazing!

Lion king definately high up on my list, and the little mermaid. The songs are just amazing!

I can still sit there with little kids an be the most exited person i a room when a disney movie is being played. The adults look at me with the whole 'Grow up, you're sixteen!' look.

Don't you regognize the pictures?? :wink2:

they are from Sleeping Beauty.. :biggrin2:

I've never seen Sleeping Beauty :no: though I've read the story obviously. My mum absolutely hated Disney films (she thought they were "noisy and garish" though considering that was the 60s she'd have a fit if she saw modern Disney) I'm catching up, but a lot of the films aren't available for rental. Or for sale- though I need my entertainment budget for Mika, obviously. (Mind, I've just got a couple of little Dumbo books :teehee:)

Oh wow! You're a GENIUS!

Please can i join!

Disney is just amazing!

Lion king definately high up on my list, and the little mermaid. The songs are just amazing!

I can still sit there with little kids an be the most exited person i a room when a disney movie is being played. The adults look at me with the whole 'Grow up, you're sixteen!' look.

Haven't seen those either :no: and can't get them.

TWITTER EXCLUSIVE!!! Walt Disney Records is proud to announce "50 Days Of Disney Music". Starting May 3rd, free song a day for 50 days here!

Yay- I'll bookmark it :thumb_yello:

*goes to look*

TWITTER EXCLUSIVE!!! Walt Disney Records is proud to announce "50 Days Of Disney Music". Starting May 3rd, free song a day for 50 days here!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay, great news.. :woot_jump:

although I can't think of a song that I want and don't have yet..:teehee:

Archived