The DISNEY thread

lollipopgirl!

I didn't really like Alice in Wonderland. I was to little when I saw it and I didn't understand a thing! It gave me the creeps too...

Oh yes, I hated the scene where the walrus and the other creature (what was it?) ate the little mussels. :shocked: They were so cute.

But I think altogether Alice is not really a film for children :naughty:. The whole time it's some kind of opperessive.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Caz

But you've only highlighted one of your blogs, so I'm saying I enjoyed all 4 of them, and liked all the song clips in this one

http://cazstacey.blogspot.com/2009/12/multilanguage-disney.html

Otherwise, I'm commenting on some of the blogs

Oh, and I've seen Snow White now- loved it, though not as much as the more animally ones. AND Sleeping Beauty is on the way

Thanks Caz

But you've only highlighted one of your blogs, so I'm saying I enjoyed all 4 of them, and liked all the song clips in this one

http://www.redcarlibdems.org.uk/

Otherwise, I'm commenting on some of the blogs

Oh, and I've seen Snow White now- loved it, though not as much as the more animally ones

LOL I think you posted the wrong link :roftl: But thank you for commenting!

LOL I think you posted the wrong link :roftl: But thank you for commenting!

Ah, yes, the Redcar Liberal Democrats DON'T have a lot of songs on their webpage. I meant the one with foreign language Disney songs :roftl:- and have now edited my post above

• 3 weeks later...
hey,

just discoverd this thread

I really love the classical Disney movies,

i can't decide which i like the best tho :teehee:

Well have a bit of a think, and maybe post some piccies to help you decide.

I've seen Sleeping Beauty now, and I was totally awestruck by the beautiful colours- in fact, I don't think I've ever seen anything to match them:

eyvind_earle-disney-sleeping-beauty.jpg

14022.jpg

Disney-Sleeping-Beauty-135838.jpg

Sleepingbeauty5.jpg

I'm briefly breaking off my Disney binge to rent Twiilight (and poss the rest of the series, if it's as addictive as they say) then back to pocahontas.

Well have a bit of a think, and maybe post some piccies to help you decide.

I've seen Sleeping Beauty now, and I was totally awestruck by the beautiful colours- in fact, I don't think I've ever seen anything to match them.

I really like Sleeping Beauty. Wish I could get a handsome stud as easy as her :aah:

I don't like it much either....it is great that it was a trailblazer and all, but I think it's boring. Would rather watch 101 Dalmations or the Jungle Book.

I haven't watched either of them in years to be honest. I like the big classics, like Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid. And The Lion King, and Aladdin...

and Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Mulan...:lmfao:

I don't like it much either....it is great that it was a trailblazer and all, but I think it's boring. Would rather watch 101 Dalmations or the Jungle Book.

Yeah, you can see why it was a sensation in its time, but she's a bit too high pitched and prissy for me.

I haven't watched either of them in years to be honest. I like the big classics, like Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid. And The Lion King, and Aladdin...

I haven't seen any of them- they're a bit new for me. I'm sure they changed the end of sleeping beauty though- didn't she sleep for a hundred years or something?

I think our definitions of "big classics" is different. lol Your favorites (especially Hercules, Hunchback, and Mulan) are all labeled "newer" to me. But I grew up watching Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Pinnochio, Cinderella, etc., on VHS.

I can remember going to see Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin in the movie theater, but those were still new. I was a humongous groupie for Disney.

Yeah, you can see why it was a sensation in its time, but she's a bit too high pitched and prissy for me.

I haven't seen any of them- they're a bit new for me. I'm sure they changed the end of sleeping beauty though- didn't she sleep for a hundred years or something?

Oh, yes! Way too high pitched! haha.

When I asked about Dumbo books, the woman in WH Smith said everyone was into the princesses rather than the animals these days. But I love the animals best.

I wish I could get my mits on the Lion King- it's not available to rent or buy. Nor is the Fox and the Hound, which a colleague was always telling me I'd love- but it always sounded a bit treacly to me

The Fox and the Hound is really sad! Or at least I remember it being a tear-jerker. I have been wanting to watch the Aristocats for a while now and will probably break out my VHS soon. lol

That's surprising about the Lion King....that one seems fairly new to me as well. Maybe you should check on ebay. :)

Oh! and the Rescuers...man, I love those ones!

She mighta done lol, google it. Disney are known to change things to make them seem happier or to give a better storyline for the kids.

I think our definitions of "big classics" is different. lol Your favorites (especially Hercules, Hunchback, and Mulan) are all labeled "newer" to me. But I grew up watching Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Pinnochio, Cinderella, etc., on VHS.

I can remember going to see Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin in the movie theater, but those were still new. I was a humongous groupie for Disney.

Oh I grew up with those too, I don't think you're that much older than I am lol (I'm 21 in 2 months), I used to watch Peter Pan, The Aristocats, The Sword in the Stone (!!! Great film!) Robin Hood, The Rescuers, The Black Cauldron, Basil the Great Mouse Detective (used to watch that a lot) and I also had them on tape.

However, The Little Mermaid and onwards came out during my time (Mermaid came out in 1989, that's the year I was born) so those are the ones I watched most. I used to watch Cinderella too, but I'm not really a big fan of it anymore.

She mighta done lol, google it. Disney are known to change things to make them seem happier or to give a better storyline for the kids.

Oh I grew up with those too, I don't think you're that much older than I am lol (I'm 21 in 2 months), I used to watch Peter Pan, The Aristocats, The Sword in the Stone (!!! Great film!) Robin Hood, The Rescuers, The Black Cauldron, Basil the Great Mouse Detective (used to watch that a lot) and I also had them on tape.

However, The Little Mermaid and onwards came out during my time (Mermaid came out in 1989, that's the year I was born) so those are the ones I watched most. I used to watch Cinderella too, but I'm not really a big fan of it anymore.

Oh, I'm not doubting that you've seen them, Caz. I was just saying I don't consider Hunchback and Mulan to be classics...but that'll certainly differ from person to person. And I'm 25. :thumb_yello:

When I asked about Dumbo books, the woman in WH Smith said everyone was into the princesses rather than the animals these days. But I love the animals best.

I wish I could get my mits on the Lion King- it's not available to rent or buy. Nor is the Fox and the Hound, which a colleague was always telling me I'd love- but it always sounded a bit treacly to me

FOX AND THE HOOOOOOOUUUUUUND.

When I was a kid I was never that into it, because I was also more into princesses and being lost on adventures and finding love on the way (Beauty and the Beast has to be my ultimate favourite, next to The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. However, when I was younger, The Lion King was my favourite so I did like animals, but at the time that film didn't do much for me).

I guess as a kid - for me at least - I found the concept of love easier to understand than a deep friendship. Of course I never knew what love really felt like, but I got the whole "boy meets girl, girl meets boy, they like each other, get married and live happily ever after" but the whole friendship thing never struck a chord with me until I was a bit older and understood more - when you're older you find it easier to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Also when you're older you understand the value of true friendship, and that's what that film was about. And it was so sad.

Oh, I'm not doubting that you've seen them, Caz. I was just saying I don't consider Hunchback and Mulan to be classics...but that'll certainly differ from person to person. And I'm 25. :thumb_yello:

But they are classics, it says so on the box cover :naughty::teehee:

Hunchback: 1996

Hercules: 1997

Mulan: 1998

Archived