• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But they are classics, it says so on the box cover :naughty::teehee:

Hunchback: 1996

Hercules: 1997

Mulan: 1998

Oh wow, yeah, 1996- that's practically prehistoric :mf_rosetinted:

If you young people are gonna disagree with each other, I guess I'll go back to only calling films made when Walt was alive classics

Don't Disney have limited release policy- they make a vid available every 7 years but not continuously, to maintain their anticipation value or something

I think that is right, but I'm not sure of the specifics. They call it "bringing it out of the vault."

Oh wow, yeah, 1996- that's practically prehistoric :mf_rosetinted:

If you young people are gonna disagree with each other, I guess I'll go back to only calling films made when Walt was alive classics

Hey! It was 14 years ago! :roftl:

and no we're not arguing lol :naughty:

Basically the word "classic" can be defined in a multitude of ways. :biggrin2:

Random story: my childhood friend and I were hardcore fans of Disney...and when Aladdin came out we pretended that my mom's rug was the magic carpet and that we were Jasmine and Aladdin. He gave me a kiss on my cheek and my two older sisters were spying on us and making fun of us!

FOX AND THE HOOOOOOOUUUUUUND.

When I was a kid I was never that into it, because I was also more into princesses and being lost on adventures and finding love on the way (Beauty and the Beast has to be my ultimate favourite, next to The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. However, when I was younger, The Lion King was my favourite so I did like animals, but at the time that film didn't do much for me).

I guess as a kid - for me at least - I found the concept of love easier to understand than a deep friendship. Of course I never knew what love really felt like, but I got the whole "boy meets girl, girl meets boy, they like each other, get married and live happily ever after" but the whole friendship thing never struck a chord with me until I was a bit older and understood more - when you're older you find it easier to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Also when you're older you understand the value of true friendship, and that's what that film was about. And it was so sad.

Guess I'll put it on my rental list then. I really liked Sleeping Beauty, but in general I grew out of princesses very quickly- and I can't remember any of my friends mentioning them- though everyone (except me- my mom always managed to talk me out of it) raced to watch all the animal ones. Though possibly that's because we were pretty much tied to what was shown in the cinema. Bedknobs and broomsticks being the most exciting, apparantly

Basically the word "classic" can be defined in a multitude of ways. :biggrin2:

Random story: my childhood friend and I were hardcore fans of Disney...and when Aladdin came out we pretended that my mom's rug was the magic carpet and that we were Jasmine and Aladdin. He gave me a kiss on my cheek and my two older sisters were spying on us and making fun of us!

Oh my goodness, I had plenty of moments like those. My eldest sister and I used to sing duets, especially A Whole New World. I always got the male part :sneaky2:

My sisters are quite a bit older than me though, so I never really hung out with them that much when I was a kid. I just remember being at home singing along to my sing-a-long tapes with my mum at home doing housework. I was always singing Disney songs, I guess it was my first inspiration. It's what got me drawing.

Also, because my sisters and I were/are performers, there were always costumes and props. I remember getting changed into this gold dress and walking down the stairs the same time Belle did in the video (I used to put on the tape and act out the story at the same time). Even at the beginning of the film I'd grab a little wicker basket similar to what Belle had and parade around my living room pretending I was in France and pretending I was her. And of course, singing the song. I practically lived in Disney videos.

Guess I'll put it on my rental list then. I really liked Sleeping Beauty, but in general I grew out of princesses very quickly- and I can't remember any of my friends mentioning them- though everyone (except me- my mom always managed to talk me out of it) raced to watch all the animal ones. Though possibly that's because we were pretty much tied to what was shown in the cinema. Bedknobs and broomsticks being the most exciting, apparantly

Bedknobs and Broomsticks was cool. I also remember watching Songs of the South. OH!! Oh Lord!!! You can't forget Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Put that on your rental list as well. I recommend that one highly.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks was cool. I also remember watching Songs of the South. OH!! Oh Lord!!! You can't forget Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Put that on your rental list as well. I recommend that one highly.

Surely classic Disney doesn't ooze sex? I've seen that, but didn't think it counted for this thread. At least, I think I've seen it- I might have just seen a million clips

My sister is still scared of Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit. teehee!

Oh yes. He was creepy. Especially at the end when his eyes went all creepy.

Surely classic Disney doesn't ooze sex? I've seen that, but didn't think it counted for this thread. At least, I think I've seen it- I might have just seen a million clips

? What Disney classics do ooze sex?

I always felt like Roger Rabbit was more for mature audiences. I wouldn't let me little kids watch it. I remember seeing it when I was fairly young, but I didn't catch onto the sexuality really because I was just oblivous.

Jessica Rabbit is not your classic Disney heroine IMO.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit isn't exactly your classic Disney film lol, IMO it's in a different league altogether and not one to put next to...say, Snow White or 101 Dalmations. I think it was more aimed at adults than children...I haven't seen it in years, but there are quite a lot of adult themes from what I remember.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit isn't exactly your classic Disney film lol, IMO it's in a different league altogether and not one to put next to...say, Snow White or 101 Dalmations. I think it was more aimed at adults than children...I haven't seen it in years, but there are quite a lot of adult themes from what I remember.

It's funny- it made quite a big impression on me, but I haven't the faintest idea what actually happened in the movie- maybe I started watching but was interrupted or something

• 1 month later...

Hi there!! My name is Helen, i'm 20 and i live in spain... i'm so glad i found this thread because i'm a disney fan since i can remember... i still sing disney's songs around the house i feel like i'm in a diferent world when i do that!!

My favorite movie is the "sword in the stone" it's no easy to find people who actually like that movie so i hope yo do like it too!! :biggrin2:

xxx

Archived