2010 - Mika and Louboutin in Tar Magazine

LilStar

We have to ask a question concerning the content of the email conversation. A question, from which he can't guess it's from the article and when he answeres: Uhm..What?

We know: This is fake!

Well, I just think that the journalist created the email exchange after interviewing them. I mean, they did say those things, but not in those emails. :thumb_yello: And this would explain the Cirque d'Hiver reference. :biggrin2:

Being a very special art mag, the journalist probably tried to be creative, too. :wink2:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just think that the journalist created the email exchange after interviewing them. I mean, they did say those things, but not in those emails. :thumb_yello: And this would explain the Cirque d'Hiver reference. :biggrin2:

Being a very special art mag, the journalist probably tried to be creative, too. :wink2:

yeah of course, I think it's a great way to process a conventional interview. :thumb_yello:

I think it's a bit edited email exchange ;)

yeah, we cant just translated it to Manscara and stuff that joke doesnt work in french :lmfao:

:roftl:

My French skills are bad so.. :aah: I was listening to the basic French stuff on pronounciation yesterday, everything I had been saying in French, I had been pronouncing wrong. :lmfao: even "Comment allez-Vous?" :roftl:

I think it's a bit edited email exchange ;)

I agree. The bit about the Belfast show convinced me because I don't see this coming up months after the fact but I know it was on his mind at the time. There's too much banter between them on random topics that aren't normally the subject of interviews. Unless the journalist locked them in a room together with a microphone it seems unlikely that their correspondence wasn't some kind of basis for it. Although they could have been a lot more subtle about embellishing the details IMO. :naughty:

Can someone explain to me the bit where Mika says "I love what you're implying in that last question," in response to Christian asking about Las Vegas?

I had pondered that too. I think he's saying that Mika's shows are like Vegas, a charming lack of quality and professionalism.

Christian:

"I found that the shows in Las Vegas, are, after all, worthwhile. It reminds me of when I was younger, going to shows in Paris, and how I was always surprised by the great lack of quality and professionalism, which is so charming."

"Do you often go to Las Vegas?"

Oh and the hair thing, why Mika? Is it because he only likes baths? Couldn't he use a cup then and rinse his hair that way?

And after shows when he sweats so much, surely he washes it.

It's like when Matthew McConaghuey says he doesn't wear deoderant :blink:

If the universe ever like ripped open this hole in time where fantasies come true, I'd want to know that his hair didn't smell like cheese.

:teehee::roftl:

I had pondered that too. I think he's saying that Mika's shows are like Vegas, a charming lack of quality and professionalism.

:blink:

he referred to the shows he saw in Paris as a child, not the shows in Vegas.

Christian:

"I found that the shows in Las Vegas, are, after all, worthwhile. It reminds me of when I was younger, going to shows in Paris, and how I was always surprised by the great lack of quality and professionalism, which is so charming."

I have never been to Las Vegas but in my interpretation, Christian says that it is worth seeing the slicky shows in Vegas so that you can really appreciate the inartificial performances he saw as a child in his home country, the ones he thinks were probably done with less professionalism in terms of the production but were more authentic.

Can someone explain to me the bit where Mika says "I love what you're implying in that last question," in response to Christian asking about Las Vegas?

Christian:

"Do you often go to Las Vegas?"

I thought that he meant something like ''go to Vegas with me'' :naughty:

ZOMG Not even done yet but I also saw a play of La Fura Dels Baus....Mika and I are soulmates obviously since we share this:mf_rosetinted:

:blink: They mention La Fura Dels Baus? REALLY??? Those people are Catalan (my home area).

I guess that I will need to catch up and read this thing now then :roftl:, I'm totally out of the loop here :naughty:

It could be true. But still it's quite literary text and Loubi is fabulous with some "observations".:lmfao:

I couldn't get it from local shops:( I'll have to order it though Colette:)

The guy said Tar had only published two issues, one in 2008 and one in 2009!

That means Colette is my last chance to get one!

You should buy on it:

http://www.hoepli.it/libro/tar-issue-spring-2010.asp?ib=9771943379010&pc=000029004000000

But it's a italian site... :boxed:

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...