MIKA @ Baalbeck International Festival, Lebanon - 24 June 2010

dcdeb

Sorry, donuts are just people who travel around to see Mika. We turned into Fokkers somewhere along the way. Nevermind. :naughty:

When do you leave for Beirut? How long does it take to get there?

After hanging onto mummy's (Blue Sky's) coat tails all week in Japan, I don't think I'd be able to navigate Lebanon on my own unless there's a lot more French than Arabic everywhere. :aah:

there are lots of french and english christine, pack your bags girl, you'll be ok! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those who might be tempted a package including a night in a 5* SPA hotel + breakfast + transportation to the festival

http://bey3.com/lebanon/for-sale/watch-mika-in-concert-with-intercontinental-mzaar-baalbeck-package/

Or do what I did and get a cheap Easyjet to Cyprus, stay overnight in the Easyhotel (a whole £12!) and then a short hop over to Beirut! But I'm coming back direct or I'll never make it to Cornwall! Wooh - just looked at the Beirut weather - sunny sunny sunny and hot hot hot :thumb_yello:

Or do what I did and get a cheap Easyjet to Cyprus, stay overnight in the Easyhotel (a whole £12!) and then a short hop over to Beirut! But I'm coming back direct or I'll never make it to Cornwall! Wooh - just looked at the Beirut weather - sunny sunny sunny and hot hot hot :thumb_yello:

Damn that sounds tempting! :teehee:

I'm going to have to remember that for next time!

Ah. Well then I'm a donut and a fokker I guess. I've been called worse!

I'm going via Cyprus on Monday evening, then on to Beirut early next morning.

I've got the important Arabic phrases written down phonetically. I figure as long as I can say hello, please, thanks, where, bus, taxi, hotel, yes and no, I should be just fine! So I will spend the first couple of days (before the gig) saying WHERE BUS? and WHERE MIKA? and then after the gig WHERE BUS, and WHERE HOTEL? It'll be a doddle! :thumb_yello::roftl:

don't forget to learn how to say 'bathroom' :roftl: maybe you'll have to use it in case of extreme necessity! :naughty::aah:

Anyway, have fun!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

there are lots of french and english christine, pack your bags girl, you'll be ok! :thumb_yello:

Okay that was just an excuse anyway. My real problem is that I can't be arsed (nor can I afford it) after a trip to Asia. :naughty:

It's also my fiscal year end which is why Eden was also out of the question. :aah:

Mika will have to time things better if he wants me there next time. :shun:

Good luck with your travels tomorrow Enigma. Can't wait to hear your report! :biggrin2:

Next up, Lebanon!! Enigma I only just saw you were going...(forgive me, got a lot of catching up to do after a small sojourn in Asia) Where bus? and Where Mika? should do you fine for language skills:roftl:

I think it will be an amazing gig :fangurl: Looking forward to the reports.

Don't get too sunburnt before he comes on!:aah:

smart girl :thumb_yello:

ernckx.jpg

:lol3: :bow:good one !

I wonder where Mika is right now , I think he might already be there , seing as he was off since this last week end :teehee: I wonder if he is still sightseing lol

ernckx.jpg

:lmfao:

wish i could go,:teehee:

seeing mika perform in some ancient ruins, i think it'll be great:thumb_yello:

Same feeling here. Can't wait for the pics of that amazing scenery :wub2:

smart girl :thumb_yello:

:lol3: :bow:good one !

I wonder where Mika is right now , I think he might already be there , seing as he was off since this last week end :teehee: I wonder if he is still sightseing lol

:roftl: After that missing bit felt upon his head i suppose he's still sightseeing. (I'll better shut up, this could lead to another Wonka's caption :naughty:)

:lmfao:

Same feeling here. Can't wait for the pics of that amazing scenery :wub2:

:roftl: After that missing bit felt upon his head i suppose he's still sightseeing. (I'll better shut up, this could lead to another Wonka's caption :naughty:)

:mf_rosetinted:

http://www.efa-aef.eu/fr/festivals/calendar/event/27383/Baalbeck%20International%20Festival%202010%20-%20Mika/

Baalbeck - Mika

Mika

jeudi 24/06 à 20:00 - The courtyard of the two temples,

Mika is certainly the Pop Music Genius of the beginning of the twenty first century. After his planetary success with a first album « Life in Cartoon Motion », sold for more than 6 million copies throughout the world, Mika has released a second album in September 2009 "The Boy who Knew too Much" much acclaimed by the public with such titles as We are Golden, Blame it on the Girls, Rain, Dr. John, etc.

After an outstanding performance in Beirut Downtown in 2008, Mika’s public is passionately waiting for him in his country of birth to interpret in the magnificent frame of the Baalbek Roman Temples his biggest hits and to present his stunning new album.

We promise a memorable evening for all his fans.

Waw, lucky you !!!!!:thumb_yello:

I can' take holidays in that period:boxed::aah:

You will get a report! I'm going! :yay: Well, Baalbeck is full of ancient relics and I thought I'd blend in well...:roftl:

I can't do videos but I will try and take a couple of pix on my rather pathetic camera (no idea how to put them on here, will have to read up on that). I'm coming back and going straight to the Eden Project gig though, so you may have to be patient!

http://www.efa-aef.eu/fr/festivals/calendar/event/27383/Baalbeck%20International%20Festival%202010%20-%20Mika/

Baalbeck - Mika

Mika

jeudi 24/06 à 20:00 - The courtyard of the two temples,

Mika is certainly the Pop Music Genius of the beginning of the twenty first century. After his planetary success with a first album « Life in Cartoon Motion », sold for more than 6 million copies throughout the world, Mika has released a second album in September 2009 "The Boy who Knew too Much" much acclaimed by the public with such titles as We are Golden, Blame it on the Girls, Rain, Dr. John, etc.

After an outstanding performance in Beirut Downtown in 2008, Mika’s public is passionately waiting for him in his country of birth to interpret in the magnificent frame of the Baalbek Roman Temples his biggest hits and to present his stunning new album.

We promise a memorable evening for all his fans.

I like this, Dani -- much better than this little snippet I ran across

yesterday:

This year, the festivals of Baalbeck, Beiteddine and Byblos – otherwise known as the big three – are heading into their third peaceful summer with fingers crossed, hoping concerts by the likes of Diana Krall, Caetano Veloso and Gorillaz will happen without a hitch.

The festivities begin tonight with the pint-sized pop sensation Mika performing amid the majestic Roman ruins of Baalbeck. And while the season opener is a homecoming of sorts – Mika was born in Beirut to a Lebanese mother and an American father – organisers says it is more about the future than the past.

Pint-sized? :blink:

Never mind that they seem to have the date wrong...

:roftl:

do you know if any Lebanese channel will air the concert ?!! :)

No , festivals aren't aired on lebanese TV usualy but I'm pretty sure that they'll make inteviews with him. Hope someone will put them on youtube !!

PS: congratulations for your 2nd post ! Have you actualy introduced yourself ? :)

Archived