MIKA @ Baalbeck International Festival, Lebanon - 24 June 2010

dcdeb

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I'm hoping it will be...

This is all on the assumption that my flights go according to plan, that my visa gets me in, that my ticket will be where it's supposed to be, that I can actually find where that is in Beirut (using my map which is in Arabic which I must remember to read from right to left and not left to right), that I can fathom out a transport system which has no bus schedules and apparently no bus stops, and get myself to the middle of nowhere for the gig - and back again in the middle of the night! Oh how I like an adventure :biggrin2:

U're brave Enigma :thumb_yello: Wishing u lot's of fun! Can't wait for your report and pics:wink2:

Hey guys, I am here in Beirut, have managed to collect my gig ticket and book bus to and from Baalbeck.! I'm SO looking forward to this, even though I'm quite knackered already! Have walked MILES today! Just had a meal which cost 30,000 pounds. You'll be glad to know that's Lebanese pounds!

I will do my best to report after gig tomorrow but I don't know if I'll have mobile coverage out at Baalbeck and I think my bus won't get back into Beirut till the early hours, and then drops me nowhere near hotel!

The blurb I got with the ticket says no bags allowed at concert - they must be checked in to a bag deposit place. And no cameras or mobiles! Eek.

Probably won't be able to wait and say hello to Mika and the others at the end, otherwise my bus will go without me, and I don't really want to get stranded in Baalbeck on my own!

Right, off to bed now, important day tomorrow! Insert smily here.... Except they are not coming up on my phone, so I can't!!!

Hey guys, I am here in Beirut, have managed to collect my gig ticket and book bus to and from Baalbeck.! I'm SO looking forward to this, even though I'm quite knackered already! Have walked MILES today! Just had a meal which cost 30,000 pounds. You'll be glad to know that's Lebanese pounds!

I will do my best to report after gig tomorrow but I don't know if I'll have mobile coverage out at Baalbeck and I think my bus won't get back into Beirut till the early hours, and then drops me nowhere near hotel!

The blurb I got with the ticket says no bags allowed at concert - they must be checked in to a bag deposit place. And no cameras or mobiles! Eek.

Probably won't be able to wait and say hello to Mika and the others at the end, otherwise my bus will go without me, and I don't really want to get stranded in Baalbeck on my own!

Right, off to bed now, important day tomorrow! Insert smily here.... Except they are not coming up on my phone, so I can't!!!

THANK YOU!

now we can relax...she's fine :wink2:

Have fun !!! We will be waiting for a nice review as soon as you can post it :thumb_yello:

I think they are VERY security concious there, and last time Racha said as soon as the show ended, he was whisked away, no M&Gs after anyway.

But I hope you have a brilliant time tomorrow, shame you won't be able to get pics of the venue, it looks tremendously beautiful!

have fun and enjoy the concert for yourself and all of us who can't be there :thumb_yello:

hello people!

I haven't been here for a while.. been very busy in RL ... and am lucky to be in Beirut at the moment and will be going to the gig tomorrow night...

I don't have my camera on me, I hope my friends will bring theirs along.. worst case, will use my mobile...

will keep you posted

:thumb_yello:

hello people!

I haven't been here for a while.. been very busy in RL ... and am lucky to be in Beirut at the moment and will be going to the gig tomorrow night...

I don't have my camera on me, I hope my friends will bring theirs along.. worst case, will use my mobile...

will keep you posted

surprise surprise!

look who's posting here! :huglove:

looking forward to your report, my dear one! :wub2:

hello people!

will keep you posted

RACHA!!!

Missed you on here, was hoping you'd be going to this:thumb_yello:

hello people!

will keep you posted

thank you! :swoon:

hello people!

will keep you posted

Oh wow Racha ! it's been a long time ! :biggrin2: I'm sure you'll have a blast in baalbeck ! yes keep us posted :thumb_yello:

She maaaaaade it!!! Yay! Keep us posted and have tons of fun tomorrow!!

And Racha, great to hear that you are also there, have fun!!

hello people!

will keep you posted

Thank you, girls!!! Have so much fun tomorrow - it's such a beautiful venue and it will be remarkable, i guess :wub2:

Take care and i am looking forward to your reports (and maybe pics :wink2:)

Hey guys, I am here in Beirut,

hello people!

and am lucky to be in Beirut at the moment and will be going to the gig tomorrow night...

will keep you posted

Good you got there safe...

Thank you both, have fun...:huglove:

Oh this is excellent, having 2 reporters on the ground:aah:

Racha nice to see you back, we were wondering if you'd be there....should we have ever doubted you???

Have a BLAST at this gig, I reckon it will be HUGE:wub2:

hello people!

will keep you posted

Have great time there, girls! :wub2:

Can't wait for reports! :wink2:

surprise surprise!

look who's posting here!

looking forward to your report, my dear one! :wub2:

ROBIEEEEE!!!!! miss you so much.. and miss it here... will definitely write a report if they don't allow cameras inside

RACHA!!!

Missed you on here, was hoping you'd be going to this:thumb_yello:

ROSE!!! miss you so much.. I have been doing a lot of travelling and haven't been in London for the past two months... hectic in RL.. will keep you posted

thank you! :swoon:

anytime

Oh wow Racha ! it's been a long time ! I'm sure you'll have a blast in baalbeck ! yes keep us posted :

will def do

And Racha, great to hear that you are also there, have fun!!

Thank u! :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you, girls!!! Have so much fun tomorrow - it's such a beautiful venue and it will be remarkable, i guess

Take care and i am looking forward to your reports (and maybe pics

It's a fantastic venue but not very "pop" and "dance" friendly.. all the tickets are seated and usually the crowd and artists are more classical and jazzy.. mika will bring down the house..

I saw sting there a while back and it was FANTASTIC!

Good you got there safe...

Thank you both, have fun...

Thank you!

Yay Racha is on the scene too.

Is he hanging out by the pool again?

Have fun ladies! Promises to be a special night.

We are not sharing the same hotel this trip :roftl: so no swimming pool encounters :biggrin2:

Thanks for the wishes, am sure it will be great

Oh this is excellent, having 2 reporters on the ground

Racha nice to see you back, we were wondering if you'd be there....should we have ever doubted you???

Have a BLAST at this gig, I reckon it will be HUGE

You know better by now :naughty:

Mika + Lebanon = 100% will be there

Have great time there, girls!

Can't wait for reports!

will be coming back really late at night as I have to go back to Beirut (it's almost an hour and a half drive in very mountainous areas... so my report will be a little late.. but those who have me on twitter will be updated if I see something interesting to report on the spot:thumb_yello:

Archived