MIKA in Lebanon June 2010 - Press etc.

DANI56

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I can spot Andy's hair and backpack in this pic :naughty:

Oh, good eye! And, as others have said, it looks like Zuleika with him. :)

Oh and what's up with the rolled up trousers these days lol

Isn't it obvious? He's showing off his ankles as a subtle cue to the MFC

-- it's the one body part of his that there's no thread about, and clearly

he'd like to see one! :naughty:

dsc02048n.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i found this this article about MIKA in Lebanon with MIKA's pic in Today's newspaper *happy*:biggrin2:

Could you tell us what it says? Just generally, if you don't have time to

translate... Please? :puppy_eyes:

:)

dsc02048n.jpg

i found this this article about MIKA in Lebanon with MIKA's pic in Today's newspaper *happy*:biggrin2:

Wow, thanks for this and the other pics :wink2:

Any chance of a bigger one? Maybe someone can translate the text written in Arabic :wink2:

Oh, good eye! And, as others have said, it looks like Zuleika with him. :)

And you've been just itching to start one, eh Debs:wink2::naughty:

OMG nooo :aah::roftl:

There's nothing new actually.

They talk about him, his dyslexia and difficulties at school, and his show back in 2008 in Beirut. That he's got a big family in Southern Lebanon. Then they say it was his dream to play a gig in Baalbeck, where lots of Arab stars played before like Fairouz.

That he just finished a very successful tour that began last October in North America then Europe and ended up in Asia a couple of days ago.

And how he's got a very special talent and how he can play with his voice going from really high notes to lower ones that astonishes everyone listening to him from older audiences to little kids.

:lmfao: You're bang on the money there, Deb :thumb_yello:

hello every body i guess this my first post here :biggrin2:

i'll translate what is written here ?!!

the big title " the international artist MIKA is opening BaalBeck International Festival tomorrow"

and the rest is talking about MIKA in general ,about his life , family , albums , and his previous concert in Lebanon ...

and at the end he said " singing in BaalBeck in Lebanon is actually a dream to him , and he always remember the greatest artist of Lebanon like Fairouz " and he also said " i'm really happy to sing in front of the Lebanese audiences who loves art among all of the circumstance "

:blush-anim-cl:

the big title " the international artist MIKA is opening BaalBeck International Festival tomorrow"

and the rest is talking about MIKA in general ,about his life , family , albums , and his previous concert in Lebanon ...

and at the end he said " singing in BaalBeck in Lebanon is actually a dream to him , and he always remember the greatest artist of Lebanon like Fairouz " and he also said " i'm really happy to sing in front of the Lebanese audiences who loves art among all of the circumstance "

Thanks for good translation!!:wub2:

Those rolled up jeans used to be fashionable in the late 80/s early 90's and everyone wore them then, and we called them 'fishing pants' :lmfao:

They looked horrid on me back then, and they look horrid on Mika now. Sorry Mika but it's true :teehee:.

I think those (rolled up) jeans make him look even more adorable :roftl:

I mean look at him, he looks more handsome than ever. That stubble is just gorgeous :swoon: and his jacket looks very elegant. Did I mention the stubble...? I think I did. And then, those trousers??? :aah::roftl:

It's just TOO cute :wub2:

Thanks for posting and translating, Dani, Miro and Dr. Mika! :thumb_yello:

Edit: I guess it's his age? He is too young to have silly memories from 80's :aah:

dsc02048n.jpg

OMG nooo :aah::roftl:

There's nothing new actually.

They talk about him, his dyslexia and difficulties at school, and his show back in 2008 in Beirut. That he's got a big family in Southern Lebanon. Then they say it was his dream to play a gig in Baalbeck, where lots of Arab stars played before like Fairouz.

That he just finished a very successful tour that began last October in North America then Europe and ended up in Asia a couple of days ago.

And how he's got a very special talent and how he can play with his voice going from really high notes to lower ones that astonishes everyone listening to him from older audiences to little kids.

Thanks so much for posting and for the translation! :wub2:

nothing in the world compares to a gig in your hometown: it's the only place where audience is really special :groupwave:

I don't want to sound challenging or problematic, but, really, even though he was born there, he only lived there til the age of one. I don't personally see the significance :dunno: of it being his "hometown"; I think that Paris or, ultimately, London, would logically feel more like it.

British singer Mika, born in Lebanon, arrives at Rafik Hariri International Airport in Beirut, Lebanon, 22 June 2010. Mika will perform on the opening night of the Baalbeck International Festival (BIF) on 24 June 2010. The annual festival is scheduled from 24 June to 07 August 2010.

20900127.jpg

:lmao: that expression!

Like, these luggages are only the 1st lil tranche of mah giantic fashion wardrobe monami :aah:

phoebelaugh.gif

& the rolled-up trousers..I don't see nothin' wrong...uncover the sensible spots & u feel cooler :pinkbow:

I don't want to sound challenging or problematic, but, really, even though he was born there, he only lived there til the age of one. I don't personally see the significance :dunno: of it being his "hometown"; I think that Paris or, ultimately, London, would logically feel more like it.
I'm not so sure about what you're saying Sara :dunno:

IMO he is and feels Lebanese, more than English and French

Not "hometown", so much as "birthplace." Even though he only lived there for a year, it doesn't matter. It's still his birthplace, and you can't deny that the place you were born will always hold a special place in your heart.:thumb_yello:

Not "hometown", so much as "birthplace." Even though he only lived there for a year, it doesn't matter. It's still his birthplace, and you can't deny that the place you were born will always hold a special place in your heart.:thumb_yello:
agree this is the point :thumb_yello:

Archived